• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, joeypost said:

You have economy fast track back from 07/01/2021?

I wonder what excuse they have for not having my books from 4/28/2021 not done yet. 

:shy:

On 9/16/2021 at 8:28 PM, joeypost said:

You have economy fast track back from 07/01/2021?

I wonder what excuse they have for not having my books from 4/28/2021 not done yet. 

I know this was a rhetorical question, but I’m curious if your order was delivered or received on 4/28? Because CGC is taking ~45 days to open boxes for receiving. 
If it was delivered on 4/28 and you add 45 days to open the box and 51 days to get through all stages, and accounting for holidays…your books should be ready on 9/17. 
That probably didn’t help. :fear:

I ain’t got the answer for ya.

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 9/16/2021 at 7:25 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

I know this was a rhetorical question, but I’m curious if your order was delivered or received on 4/28? Because CGC is taking ~45 days to open boxes for receiving. 
If it was delivered on 4/28 and you add 45 days to open the box and 51 days to get through all stages, and accounting for holidays…your books should be ready on 9/17. 
That probably didn’t help. :fear:

I ain’t got the answer for ya.

He hand delivers them so they are entered as received as of that date.  No extra opening the box delay. 

(2) Standard

G/E/I — 8/19

G/QC - 8/23

Shipped - 8/24

(9) Economy

(31) Value

(1) Modern

(1) Reholder 

G/E/I — 8/23

G/QC - 8/23

Shipped - 8/24

Delivered on 6/14

SFG 8/12

CC charged 8/16

(1) Standard 

(1) Economy

Delivered to PO - 8/2

SFG - 9/16

On 9/17/2021 at 9:15 AM, bmdully said:

Update on Value Tier (No FT, No CCS).

Arrived at CGC- 4/2/21

Received in CGC System- 5/2/21

Scheduled for Grading- 5/2/21

Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging- 9/17/21

I about fell outta my chair this morning.  

bingo

On 9/16/2021 at 7:14 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Yes as predicted.  I understand you aren't actually up to speed.

One day you will get it, just keep at it. :wishluck:

Is the part in bold where you are predicting TATs to increase?

If not, can you please point me to your prediction?

On 8/14/2021 at 1:48 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Really, I get to post this over 24 hours later after first seeing some good news? :banana:

Moderns back under 100

Low- Value Reholder a massive reduction 

I am hopeful that the old pricing surge is finally coming to an end, and with the comic market slight pull-back in market pricing (which is healthy for us all by the way) we are seeing them get caught up a little.

881095896_ScreenShot2021-08-14at11_41_18AM.thumb.png.5428e5e6c6567d4d16034d37ae7e1c34.png

Edited by manetteska

On 9/17/2021 at 7:30 AM, manetteska said:

What did you personally think was going to happen once all those "old tier" CGC pricing books were finally opened? Grading TaT's weren't just going to go magically back down, but they also have not gotten terrible worse.

They obviously need to get graded, hence receiving is catching up but grading will lag for a couple weeks then encapsulation will lag till all those old CHC tier price books are finally gone and back to the customers.  Who are probably losing money because they weren't smart enough to understand the market and bought those books too high, and will be butt-hurt that everyone wins in the transaction except them lol.   Just think about all those people who are using CCS now and have loosing comic books just waiting to be pressed and graded, only to have them come back worth 25-50% less.  So those people usually next time wont be so quick to re-submit and CGC can get back on track grading mostly garbage (because most people submit complete garbage), but the real books that people actually want to buy will be graded faster.   

On 9/17/2021 at 3:55 PM, NewWorldOrder said:
On 9/17/2021 at 9:30 AM, manetteska said:

What did you personally think was going to happen once all those "old tier" CGC pricing books were finally opened? Grading TaT's weren't just going to go magically back down, but they also have not gotten terrible worse.

They obviously need to get graded, hence receiving is catching up but grading will lag for a couple weeks then encapsulation will lag till all those old CHC tier price books are finally gone and back to the customers.  Who are probably losing money because they weren't smart enough to understand the market and bought those books too high, and will be butt-hurt that everyone wins in the transaction except them lol.   Just think about all those people who are using CCS now and have loosing comic books just waiting to be pressed and graded, only to have them come back worth 25-50% less.  So those people usually next time wont be so quick to re-submit and CGC can get back on track grading mostly garbage (because most people submit complete garbage), but the real books that people actually want to buy will be graded faster.   

So no prediction, right?

On 9/15/2021 at 11:42 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Hey @ChrispyC66! TAG YOU'RE IT!....or next anyway.

7x VALUE FAST TRACK (no addl svcs)

Delivered: 4/24

CGC Rcvd: 6/14
SFG: 6/14
Charged: 7/15
G/E/I: 8/24
Grading/QC: 9/13
F/I/S: 9/15

Value Fast Track - 6 (FT Econ. TAT - 91 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 06/17/21 
  • Received/SFG - 06/18/21 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 09/02/21 (D + 44)
  • GQC - 09/15/21 (D + 53)
  • Shipped - 09/17/21 (D + 55)

Called it @Jaywalker0
Good luck @Ryan.and @joeypost

On 8/31/2021 at 4:04 PM, Hudson said:

Just an update.  I am beginning to become a little concerned.  It has now been over 3 weeks since the USPS states they delivered my package to CGC and yet, CGC is still not showing the package as having even been scanned.  I would like to know that they at least recieved the package (regardless of when they decide to grade it).  Is it really that difficult to scan packages as they arrive?? (shrug)

Update - It is now 09/17 and CGC still has not even scanned my package yet.  In what world is this considered acceptable customer service?

USPS shows pacakage delivered on 08/09 and yet CGC still has not even scanned it as received.  39 days and counting.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:19 PM, Hudson said:

Update - It is now 09/17 and CGC still has not even scanned my package yet.  In what world is this considered acceptable customer service?

USPS shows pacakage delivered on 08/09 and yet CGC still has not even scanned it as received.  39 days and counting.

You can't just go out and hire people to scan packages. Its a highly specialized skill. Blackstone is working on it.