• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2021 at 11:25 PM, Petroman said:

That's the real crime here.  You have paid a sizeable amount for a service that has yet to be rendered, and is unlikely to be rendered completely in the near future.  Sure, I can understand why they charge them all at once, but that doesn't make it right.  IMHO the time to put the charge through is when they have graded your book as are slapping the shipping label on them.

hm

Edited by ChrispyC66
It doesn’t matter. Nobody gives a carp

2x 25 book submissions Fast track modern, one set with prescreen sent them September 1st. Delivered to CGC the 7th. Went from marked received to shipped in 48 hours. Yet the 50 other books not fast track have been sitting GEI for three weeks now.....1160944254_Screenshot_20211009-003347_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.970688c02c9f75d2a2265c299c94c8fa.jpg

On 10/9/2021 at 3:39 AM, Yetti82 said:

2x 25 book submissions Fast track modern, one set with prescreen sent them September 1st. Delivered to CGC the 7th. Went from marked received to shipped in 48 hours. Yet the 50 other books not fast track have been sitting GEI for three weeks now.....1160944254_Screenshot_20211009-003347_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.970688c02c9f75d2a2265c299c94c8fa.jpg

On the plus side it is good to see that Fast Track is working.  I've pretty much decided that for the short term at least, I'll only send Modern/Economy submissions as Fast Track.  What this means for me is that I will be getting far fewer books graded, but at least I am hoping to get them back in a "reasonable" timeframe.  

On 10/9/2021 at 4:51 AM, Petroman said:

On the plus side it is good to see that Fast Track is working.  I've pretty much decided that for the short term at least, I'll only send Modern/Economy submissions as Fast Track.  What this means for me is that I will be getting far fewer books graded, but at least I am hoping to get them back in a "reasonable" timeframe.  

Yeah it adds a bit more overhead, but I'm looking to do about the same if thats what gets things back reasonably.

I'm probably being overly cautious, but I'd rather not write EX on an Express order that I have. Just seems to be an invitation for sticky fingered USPS employees. So what I'm hoping, and I have absolutely no idea, is that when things get back to normal down there, we won't have to write EX on the box anymore. Does anyone remember if that was a requirement before all the shiite hit the fan down there?

You think you have problems...

Joey at CFP dropped off (YES CGC - DROPPED THEM OFF) 20 books including a high-grade ASM Annual #1 which is at least an 8.5

CGC now say they recieved them, BUT CANT FIND THEM.

How the holy heck do you lose 20 books inc a $15,000 book when they were HAND-DELIVERED and ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM

They have been lost for a month

@dena  Any chance of looking for the missing books - its not like Joey only drops off one or two a year

Absolutely abysmal.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:09 AM, 123beeb said:

At minimum they should stop doing the live signing events until they can at least clean house and account for all the "misplaced" packages. 

The key to everything is organization. For example, if I get lazy and temporarily stop putting my raw and CGC graded books in alphabetical order, I pay for it later breaking my back going through 15 long boxes to find something.

If the recently hired CGC staff was placing thousands of submissions on top of each other without any rhyme or reason, it'll be months before these misplaced submissions are found. I just pray that at least the books are still safe and sound.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, musicmeta said:

6/17 900 BC   feel like it..  6/17/21. 

This is what I don't get with some of the expedited grading we've been seeing. If books marked as received back in June are still shown as SFG (like my 6/23 and 6/24 submissions), I could understand them being in a room with a pile of thousands of other submissions, causing the delay in grading. However, if your books were already picked out and in the grading process (after months of wait), CGC should explain why books received months later are jumping ahead of the line. Again, these are not fast track submissions.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, skybolt said:

This is what I don't get with some of the expedited grading we've been seeing. If books marked as received back in June are still shown as SFG (like my 6/23 and 6/24 submissions), I could understand them being in a room with a pile of thousands of other submissions, causing the delay in grading. However, if your books were already picked out and in the grading process (after months of wait), CGC should explain why books received months later are jumping ahead of the line. Again, these are not fast track submissions.

Yeah I agree.  If they are going to try new processes, maybe try with the books that are already there?  3 submissions on 6/18 at GEI for 2 weeks now.  Sounds like a ton of us are in the same boat.  I didn't send to beat any price increase and don't care what it costs honestly.  I paid $10k for a collection in April and sent books every 2 weeks for 2 months.  Just wrong place at wrong time lol.  They will get graded though, just sucks that it is show season and books that I mailed back on 4/17 with like 50 or 60 day turnaround have been sitting at GEI for 2 weeks lol.  Will we be at G/QC for another 2 weeks?  Only time will tell.  

Has anyone had a change in their Modern submissions, not Fast Track, since at least, 9/30? Unless your are one of the special selections for the new grading process I don’t think most Moderns have been touched for a couple weeks.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:28 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Has anyone had a change in their Modern submissions, not Fast Track, since at least, 9/30? Unless your are one of the special selections for the new grading process I don’t think most Moderns have been touched for a couple weeks.

I have 15 submissions in and haven't seen any change since June. (shrug)

On 10/11/2021 at 12:28 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

lol My modern slow was received 8/14 and was not quite in time for the Sonic the Hedgehog service.....

So there it sits, at SFG, along with 3 other subs, don't get me started on my modern mags that have been there since February and 2 subs full of signature series that there has been no news of

even though the due date to have them in was months ago, talking end of July :cry:lol such is life

On 10/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

you may have said this already, but have you contacted CGC? What did they say? 

Unfortunately, most of these books are still within the current TATs. I have some books that were delivered to CCS back in March, but I still haven't hit the current 186 day TAT. These books were received on 4/11 but haven't been charged yet.

My 6/23 and 6/24 modern grading submissions are about a week overdue (based on current TATs). However, I haven't called since I've noticed some submissions 2 weeks older than mine haven't been graded either.