• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,099 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 12:01 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Granted it was an Express, but I noticed that once it moved out of G/E/I it rocketed thru QC, Finalizing, Shipped. Like in hours.   

Wonder if they made G/E/I more inclusive of other steps - so where you could expect order to wallow a few days at other statuses, it doesnt now. So once theyre done at GEI, you can expect books on truck within next 24-48 hrs. 

I still have books at GEI since July 8th, so maybe "now" it is that way... but still for older stuff at that designation it's a no go :( 

So this is the same as its been, newer delivered stuff is moving, while those of us who've been waiting will continue because we have no choice :) 

On 10/13/2021 at 10:16 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I still have books at GEI since July 8th, so maybe "now" it is that way... but still for older stuff at that designation it's a no go :( 

So this is the same as its been, newer delivered stuff is moving, while those of us who've been waiting will continue because we have no choice :) 

So, Modern is $15 more ($37 total) for a 47 day turn around if we fast track, that is only three days longer than the Standard $75 price (44 days).

I wonder if that would make a difference in the context of this discussion being that standard is flying through (comparatively so-to-speak). hm Of course, the bump of paying $15 more for a particular comic would have to be worth the price to get it back in less than half the time of Modern without fast-tracking (106-ish days). This really would only be feasible obviously with values under $400.

Modern (1975 - Present) 
$400 
$22
Fast Track: +$15

106 days
Fast Track: 47 days
Standard

$1,000 

$75

44 days

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 10/13/2021 at 12:29 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

So, Modern is $15 more ($37 total) for a 47 day turn around if we fast track, that is only three days longer than the Standard $75 price (44 days).

I wonder if that would make a difference in the context of this discussion being that standard is flying through (comparatively so-to-speak). hm Of course, the bump of paying $15 more for a particular comic would have to be worth the price to get it back in less than half the time of Modern without fast-tracking (106-ish days).

Modern (1975 - Present) 
$400 
$22

106 days
Standard

$1,000 

$75

44 days

Except there is no fast track for magazines....

That's what I was speaking of, delivered in February, moderns GEI same as economy on July 8th, yet only the economy shipped back, which you would think would take longer than the other

On 10/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Except there is no fast track for magazines....

That's what I was speaking of, delivered in February, moderns GEI same as economy on July 8th, yet only the economy shipped back, which you would think would take longer than the other

True. :cry:

On 10/13/2021 at 12:29 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I wonder if that would make a difference in the context of this discussion being that standard is flying through (comparatively so-to-speak). hm Of course, the bump of paying $15 more for a particular comic would have to be worth the price to get it back in less than half the time of Modern without fast-tracking (106-ish days). This really would only be feasible obviously with values under $400.

Modern (1975 - Present) 
$400 
$22

106 days
Standard

$1,000 

$75

44 days

At least right now Modern Fast track is moving much faster than the 47 days.  Took about 25 days to get logged in but immediately scheduled for grading and GEI and GQC like right after.  Delivered to CGC via USPS on 8/30, shipped to me 10/4.  That was 8 books Modern Fast Track

I hit up customer service to try and get an estimate and an explanation of whats going on with all these Moderns in the June range that have been sitting in G/E/I for weeks (If your submission was received in their system on June 14th, by my calculations we should have had our books back by September 30th. TATs were at 111 business days when we submitted back in May). 

Customer service gave me canned answers the first 3 back and forths and then they finally told me "End of November" would be when we get our books back. I'm not sure if they are just saying some far projection to get us off their backs or if that is real life. If thats true thats putting them almost 2 months past what their projections were back in June, and currently their TATs have gone down to 106. Nothing makes sense at this company. In my experience the past year, their TAT's are fairly spot on and I've never sat in G/E/I for more than two weeks on modern.

Edited by Jkelly

On 10/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jkelly said:

I hit up customer service to try and get an estimate and an explanation of whats going on with all these Moderns in the June range that have been sitting in G/E/I for weeks (If your submission was received in their system on June 14th, by my calculations we should have had our books back by September 30th. TATs were at 111 business days when we submitted back in June). 

Customer service gave me canned answers the first 3 back and forths and then they finally told me "End of November" would be when we get our books back. I'm not sure if they are just saying some far projection to get us off their backs or if that is real life. If thats true thats putting them almost 2 months past what their projections were back in June, and currently their TATs have gone down to 106. Nothing makes sense at this company. In my experience the past year, their TAT's are fairly spot on and I've never sat in G/E/I for more than two weeks on modern.

CS told you this today? Did you ask why they are processing and shipping normal Modern books submitted sometime in September and our books aren’t going anywhere? Just wondering before I give them a call.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:41 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

CS told you this today? Did you ask why they are processing and shipping normal Modern books submitted sometime in September and our books aren’t going anywhere? Just wondering before I give them a call.

I did. I also brought up that i have a Pre screen that was received a month after (7/14) that is in QC right now that somehow bypassed my regular modern. It was through email so they didn't even address those points and have since stopped responding to my questions after I got the "End of November" answer. When I email them they are great at ducking real questions.

If you get someone on the phone Id love to hear what they tell you.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:34 PM, Jkelly said:

I hit up customer service to try and get an estimate and an explanation of whats going on with all these Moderns in the June range that have been sitting in G/E/I for weeks (If your submission was received in their system on June 14th, by my calculations we should have had our books back by September 30th. TATs were at 111 business days when we submitted back in May). 

Thanks for checking. I'm right in that June time range (June 15). 

End of November is ridiculous. 

On 10/13/2021 at 3:16 PM, graffix13 said:

Thanks for checking. I'm right in that June time range (June 15). 

End of November is ridiculous. 

Especially since we mailed mid-late April....  I think it said something like 50-60 days when I mailed out and I'm 6/18 "received (actual receive date was in April) on GEI for 2 full weeks now.  

On 10/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jkelly said:

I have an order (25 subbed) sent early April - arrived to their PO Box April 22 , marked as received June 14, sitting in G/E/I  since Sept 17.

I do hope if CGC ever ships it back to me that they send it to the correct person(me)/address(mine) as have been reading some horror stories in other areas of this board :(

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/13/2021 at 5:14 PM, MAR1979 said:

I have an order (25 subbed) sent early April - arrived to their PO Box April 22 , marked as received June 14, sitting in G/E/I  since Sept 17.

I do hope if CGC ever ships it back to me that they send it to the correct person(me)/address(mine) as have been reading some horror stories in other areas of this board :(

Mystery Boxes have had huge displays at the shows this year, maybe CGC is taking it to the next level.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:49 AM, joeypost said:

Just had a magazine submission finished from 1/19. 

:acclaim:

MSS #16 - at least they didn't lose that one!

I think that what is happening is that as the turnaround times got longer, more people started paying for the expedited service. This, in turn, pushed the people already in line for the slower service even further back. So that TAT is really a moving estimate. 

It's like being at Disneyland and waiting in line for a popular ride and having people come in through the special front cut line for people who pay extra.

Edited by sckao

On 9/28/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

YES! My Marc Silvestri InHouse Signing moved to G/E/I! Soon I won't have to scroll down past a bunch of completed subs to check on this one. 

Cutoff was July 5th so happy to see movement even if it was apparently another unannounced visit. 

Any change for you?  My remarque (no pressing) book has been G/E/I for 2 weeks.