• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 8:26 PM, wombat said:
On 10/12/2021 at 6:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's good news at least. 

This may be the most depressing comment I have ever read. 

Not half full, not half empty, but the glass in the desert expecting rain lol

On 10/13/2021 at 7:30 PM, wombat said:

so my magazine economy received 5/12 is many months away. i should have my head examined for sending books in. 

Books I sent in July I am expecting next year 

On 10/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jkelly said:

I hit up customer service to try and get an estimate and an explanation of whats going on with all these Moderns in the June range that have been sitting in G/E/I for weeks (If your submission was received in their system on June 14th, by my calculations we should have had our books back by September 30th. TATs were at 111 business days when we submitted back in May). 

Customer service gave me canned answers the first 3 back and forths and then they finally told me "End of November" would be when we get our books back. I'm not sure if they are just saying some far projection to get us off their backs or if that is real life. If thats true thats putting them almost 2 months past what their projections were back in June, and currently their TATs have gone down to 106. Nothing makes sense at this company. In my experience the past year, their TAT's are fairly spot on and I've never sat in G/E/I for more than two weeks on modern.

One thing I notice w/ customer service they keep quoting the time estimate starting when the submissions were inputted into their system, not when they received them.  On CGC TAT page they say that the time starts when they are received.  So I'm hoping and praying that customer service is just wrong and is saying the same thing to all the inquiries they get.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:24 AM, sckao said:

I think that what is happening is that as the turnaround times got longer, more people started paying for the expedited service. This, in turn, pushed the people already in line for the slower service even further back. So that TAT is really a moving estimate. 

It's like being at Disneyland and waiting in line for a popular ride and having people come in through the special front cut line for people who pay extra.

Hate that…what a racket. :frustrated:

On 10/14/2021 at 8:18 AM, J RANDALL said:

One thing I notice w/ customer service they keep quoting the time estimate starting when the submissions were inputted into their system, not when they received them.  On CGC TAT page they say that the time starts when they are received.  So I'm hoping and praying that customer service is just wrong and is saying the same thing to all the inquiries they get.

That's a good question. CGC staff may be using current time estimates between delivered and received packages (around 1 month) vs. what was happening back in June (over 2 months). What I mean is that the current 106 business day TAT only takes into consideration 1 month of delivered to received time frame.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:04 AM, skybolt said:

That's a good question. CGC staff may be using current time estimates between delivered and received packages (around 1 month) vs. what was happening back in June (over 2 months). What I mean is that the current 106 business day TAT only takes into consideration 1 month of delivered to received time frame.

I am preparing either a 25 or 50 modern comic book submission and I imagine that I will not receive the graded books for, give or take, seven to eight months. At that point, I'll consider the books "vintage." :blush:

On 10/14/2021 at 11:40 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I am preparing either a 25 or 50 modern comic book submission and I imagine that I will not receive the graded books for, give or take, seven to eight months. At that point, I'll consider the books "vintage." :blush:

They will be Bronze before you get them back.............:baiting:

the same questions get asked in here over and over and always get a different answer

the verdict from reading many many posts is:

if you sent books in like me in may

currently im at 125 business days

still scheduled for grading and no movement

back then tat was 90 days

On 10/14/2021 at 10:48 AM, 123beeb said:

the same questions get asked in here over and over and always get a different answer

the verdict from reading many many posts is:

if you sent books in like me in may

currently im at 125 business days

still scheduled for grading and no movement

back then tat was 90 days

I think CGC is calculating the current TATs by taking the business day difference between books shipped and received and then tacking on the additional 4 to 5 weeks they're currently taking to open packages. If the delivered to received time span was much longer 4 months ago, they're not factoring that into their calculations. The current 106 business day time frame is basically mid June to mid October plus the one month it's currently taking them to open packages. I doubt they're factoring in the additional month some of us has to deal with when waiting for packages to be officially received.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:29 PM, skybolt said:

I think CGC is calculating the current TATs by taking the business day difference between books shipped and received and then tacking on the additional 4 to 5 weeks they're currently taking to open packages. If the delivered to received time span was much longer 4 months ago, they're not factoring that into their calculations. The current 106 business day time frame is basically mid June to mid October plus the one month it's currently taking them to open packages. I doubt they're factoring in the additional month some of us has to deal with when waiting for packages to be officially received.

what they shoud do instead of that dumb "now opening week of.." is:

now shipping back to customers their graded books received...

that would actually close this whole thread

On 10/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, 123beeb said:

what they should do instead of that dumb "now opening week of.." is:

now shipping back to customers their graded books received...

that would actually close this whole thread

I agree with that. Plus, it eliminates having people trying to figure out what 106 or 186 business days actually mean.