• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,094 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2021 at 6:13 PM, 50 Fiddy said:
On 10/8/2021 at 7:28 AM, 50 Fiddy said:

6/18 Schedule for grading 

10/7 Grading/encapsulating/imaging

:banana:

10/15 Grading/Quality Control 

What tier modern slow?

On 10/22/2021 at 6:33 PM, rexinnih said:

Good to hear movement. Mine's been "Received at CCS" since July 8th. 

I was a little surprised to see this one get the movement.  It arrived the day of the deadline.  I have another that was recieved 7/6/21 that is still at "Received at CCS" as well. 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:18 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I was a little surprised to see this one get the movement.  It arrived the day of the deadline.  I have another that was recieved 7/6/21 that is still at "Received at CCS" as well. 

My 10 mags arrived on 7/8. They went from "Received" on 7/9 to "Received at CCS" on 7/29, and have been there since. It has been over a month since he signed, so we should hopefully see much more movement next few weeks. :wishluck: 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, Chazgee said:

My 10 mags arrived on 7/8. They went from "Received" on 7/9 to "Received at CCS" on 7/29, and have been there since. It has been over a month since he signed, so we should hopefully see much more movement next few weeks. :wishluck: 

I would agree. Seeing the Questions for Bill Sienkiewicz  and Remarque Review they posted on FB and Instagram were roughly 3-4 weeks ago, so they should be moving along to meet the 6 week TAT for the signings.  

656F7287-4EC1-44AE-9973-91921E0A91A2.thumb.jpeg.59959fbd7b8b9438f0b65c8facde59d9.jpeg

giphy.gif

No changes here in 3 weeks when my 6/18 order went to GEI shutdown mode.

But the good news is that the never guaranteed TATs have grown AGAIN for us lucky bustards that have paid orders sitting there. So according to CS that means we get to wait longer for doing nothing but keeping you all entertained.

giphy.gif

Edited by ChrispyC66
Grammmer

On 10/22/2021 at 3:43 PM, Petroman said:

Ugh, just when you thought things were getting better the TATs for Modern and Economy take a sizeable jump.  Just jumped from:

image.thumb.png.4b36550fd3ed286a059b57795f1faff9.png

To:

image.thumb.png.6343c0aa8c0102bc91faeef497865f73.png

It looks like there has been no slowdown in submissions.  They should either close down the lower tiers or just raise the prices again (this time with no warning).  Something has to give here.  Too much demand and too little supply.  And honestly, they need NOT worry about people moving over to CBCS.  Looking at their TAT discussions they seem even more swamped than CGC.  And the fact that their president is actually spending time grading books wouldn't give me the sense that they are going about expanding their capacity in the right way.  Come on Blackstone people, you've been there for nearly 4 months now, get this ship righted!

I wonder what the modern slow track turnaround times would've been if CGC was not expediting certain submissions.

Also, CCS turnaround times are now sitting at 200 business days. This is close to 1 full year. :cry: I'd be really pissed if they started expediting certain submissions as well.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:23 AM, J RANDALL said:

My submission has been in G/E/I since 9/20 and CGC keeps moving their TAT to avoid sending them to me.  Now 126 for moderns.  

Something is going on here. I understand the speculation about a 2nd facility pushing some of the older submissions back. However, how did my 6/23 and 6/24 submissions jump over the ones that went into G/E/I a full week or 2 before mine. These were shipped back to me last week.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, skybolt said:

I wonder what the modern slow track turnaround times would've been if CGC was not expediting certain submissions.

Also, CCS turnaround times are now sitting at 200 business days. This is close to 1 full year. :cry: I'd be really pissed if they started expediting certain submissions as well.

I've been wondering that as well.   Sent my first submission (and quite possibly last) of 20 books on 3/5/21.  It landed in Sarasota on the 8th, was finally confirmed as delivered by USPS tracking on 4/1, and the order status has it marked as received by CCS on 4/3.  At that time the estimated TATs were ~108 (working) days for a "quickpress", and another ~51 days for Modern grading turnaround.  That's roughly 32 weeks, or 7 to 8-ish months.   I thought they might arrive as a nice X-mas surprise.  After nearly 7 months the submission is still with CCS, and might be for another fifty-ish days (given the currently estimated CCS TAT of 200 days).   Add to that the current CGC Modern TAT estimate of 126 days, and I'm potentially looking at not seeing these books slabbed for another ~35 weeks, or 8+ months.   I have to wonder if after another 7 months of waiting I'll have another 8 months to wait.  Maybe next Christmas!?

I've since purchased my own press, and will never make the mistake of sending to CCS again.   After seeing advertisements for, say, six in-house signings per month (which may be a modest estimate), it's not a wonder that grading TATs at the lower tiers keep getting longer.   Originally planned on sending a second submission before membership runs dry, but now that seems doubtful.

In some industries slow service / delayed contract completion == associated pricing adjustments.  This is frustrating.

Edited by SargenticusV

On 10/25/2021 at 5:22 PM, SargenticusV said:

I've been wondering that as well.   Sent my first submission (and quite possibly last) of 20 books on 3/5/21.  It landed in Sarasota on the 8th, was finally confirmed as delivered by USPS tracking on 4/1, and the order status has it marked as received by CCS on 4/3.  At that time the estimated TATs were ~108 (working) days for a "quickpress", and another ~51 days for Modern grading turnaround.  That's roughly 32 weeks, or 7 to 8-ish months.   I thought they might arrive as a nice X-mas surprise.  After nearly 7 months the submission is still with CCS, and might be for another fifty-ish days (given the currently estimated CCS TAT of 200 days).   Add to that the current CGC Modern TAT estimate of 126 days, and I'm potentially looking at not seeing these books slabbed for another ~35 weeks, or 8+ months.   I have to wonder if after another 7 months of waiting I'll have another 8 months to wait.  Maybe next Christmas!?

I've since purchased my own press, and will never make the mistake of sending to CCS again.   After seeing advertisements for, say, six in-house signings per month (which may be a modest estimate), it's not a wonder that grading TATs at the lower tiers keep getting longer.   Originally planned on sending a second submission before membership runs dry, but now that seems doubtful.

In some industries slow service / delayed contract completion == associated pricing adjustments.  This is frustrating.

I thought I read somewhere that Matt Nelson (CCS) stated that CCS turnaround times should be back to normal by end of year. Good luck with that.

On a positive note, CGC generally expedites grading for CCS books. Once CCS presses them, which could be another few months, CGC will grade them within 2-4 weeks.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:27 PM, skybolt said:

I thought I read somewhere that Matt Nelson (CCS) stated that CCS turnaround times should be back to normal by end of year. Good luck with that.

On a positive note, CGC generally expedites grading for CCS books. Once CCS presses them, which could be another few months, CGC will grade them within 2-4 weeks.

Yes that has been my experience as well! The TATs are somewhat concurrent rather than consecutive.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:27 PM, skybolt said:

I don't know anything about Matt Nelson saying anything, but from my experience once books finally get through CCS the grading time at CGC is expedited, nowhere near the stated TAT. 1-4 weeks. (Though if you contact CGC they will tell you the contrary and state TAT's are whatever is posted)

Edited by Fisionbomb
Yup

This is an interesting turn of phrase on the services page.  Might have always been there but the meaning to me is different than what most people have been quoted.

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today.”

So that means our individual TATs are what was quoted on the page the days the submission was delivered to CGC e.g. my Regular Modern Submission that was delivered on 06/17/21 the TAT was quoted at 89 days. Which means my delivery should be arriving tomorrow 10/26/21…err It’s still in GEI.

I guess I shall call my friends in Customer Service tomorrow.

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 10/25/2021 at 8:26 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

This is an interesting turn of phrase on the services page.  Might have always been there but the meaning to me is different than what most people have been quoted.

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today.”

So that means our individual TATs are what was quoted on the page the days the submission was delivered to CGC e.g. my Regular Modern Submission that was delivered on 06/17/21 the TAT was quoted at 89 days. Which means my delivery should be arriving tomorrow 10/26/21…err It’s still in GEI.

I guess I shall call my friends is Customer Service tomorrow.

That phrasing has been there for awhile.  I always read it the way you do.  The actual tat should be what is stated when your books are delivered. At least that's what that quote says!