• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 2:57 PM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 10/27/2021 at 4:14 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Finally!!  Though mine is still showing G/E/I... I'm excited for you! Thanks for the update. 

Finalized/Shipped around lunchtime! Yours should be soon. Like I said long ago, remarques tendto be after signings.

:tink::download::flipbait:lol finally, somebody something :whee: 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, nikocb said:

So I sent in a book for the Frank Miller signing and chose the pressing option.

The status update says 'Received at CCS' and my card was charged by CCS.

Does this mean they're pressing the book before the signing?

Nope.

And it will stay in that status until the book is signed, then pressed and returned to CGC. You will not see "CCS in process" like you would with normal submissions. Once it gets back to CGC it will change to "scheduled for grading" and move on through the other statuses.

On 10/28/2021 at 6:31 AM, nikocb said:

So I sent in a book for the Frank Miller signing and chose the pressing option.

The status update says 'Received at CCS' and my card was charged by CCS.

Does this mean they're pressing the book before the signing?

No, received at CCS is the 1st status phase for all books signed at CGC that want pressing.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:14 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Nope.

And it will stay in that status until the book is signed, then pressed and returned to CGC. You will not see "CCS in process" like you would with normal submissions. Once it gets back to CGC it will change to "scheduled for grading" and move on through the other statuses.

Bless you! I don't press often enough or not always through ccs, so I wasn't sure how the in house signings pressing would traverse through the stages (thumbsu

With Campbell two to three weeks ago I'm hoping for soon on it, and Jim Lee next week too. :wishluck:

On 10/29/2021 at 12:11 AM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 10/28/2021 at 5:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

and Jim Lee next week too. :wishluck:

Wait, you're hoping or you know the Jim Lee signing is next week. I may have a vested interest in his signing schedule

I tried posting this every where I could think of lol

CGC posted this on social media this week

Screenshot_20211026-171842.thumb.png.430f822d200160b2bd8aa67b9849be1d.png

For those doing in house signings,  the deadline for the Kubert signing was July 5, the signing took place 49 business days later, or 72 calendar days, or 10.29 weeks. The book was pressed by CCS.

From signing to press to shipped, it took 31 business days, 44 calendar days, or 6.29 weeks. CGC estimate was 8 weeks.

So total from deadline to shipped 80 business days, 116 calendar days, or 16.6 weeks.

image.thumb.png.0f85a1727feac77ac3f28e65375bb9f9.png

Edited by catch21

On 10/29/2021 at 12:50 PM, catch21 said:

For those doing in house signings,  the deadline for the Kubert signing was July 5, the signing took place 49 business days later, or 72 calendar days. The book was pressed by CCS.

From signing to press to shipped, it took 31 business days, 44 calendar days, or 6.29 weeks. CGC estimate was 8 weeks.

image.thumb.png.0f85a1727feac77ac3f28e65375bb9f9.png

:tink:THANKS!! :whee::wishluck: HOPING HOPING HOPIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNG!

So I just looked at CCS turn around time for modern... up to 200 days, yikes!!!... my books are at 150, but are in ccs in process... how long have you guys typically waited once they hit this status? Do I really have another 50 business days???

On 10/29/2021 at 2:25 PM, zupaphly said:

So I just looked at CCS turn around time for modern... up to 200 days, yikes!!!... my books are at 150, but are in ccs in process... how long have you guys typically waited once they hit this status? Do I really have another 50 business days???

Mine are still sitting at SFG since 4/11 (140 business days). In the past, CCS has charged my credit card about 2/3 or 3/4 of the time into the process.

On 10/29/2021 at 2:35 PM, skybolt said:

Mine are still sitting at SFG since 4/11 (140 business days). In the past, CCS has charged my credit card about 2/3 or 3/4 of the time into the process.

Sheesh... that's abysmal news... so I very well could have another month or two... then another couple at cgc... sounds like they should schedule a few more signings... can't believe yours are still at sfg since they were only a week behind mine... sorry bud 😬

On 10/29/2021 at 6:46 PM, zupaphly said:

Sheesh... that's abysmal news... so I very well could have another month or two... then another couple at cgc... sounds like they should schedule a few more signings... can't believe yours are still at sfg since they were only a week behind mine... sorry bud 😬

As was mentioned in a couple of pages before, once CCS presses the books, CGC will grade them within 2 to 3 weeks.