• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,040 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 8:56 PM, X_Phile said:
On 11/1/2021 at 8:46 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

what's your receive date from June?  My 6/11's were graded a month ago.

If they are not graded by the next week or so then you need to talk to a manager.  Those reps you talk to on the phone may not be able to do much besides give you the run around.  I am sure they are not lost, but for sure misplaced.  I would call in tomorrow and ask to get in touch with management.  

I have talked to a few in management. Fees were refunded but still no clue where they are or when I will get my books. 

Screenshot_20211101-215439_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6f3bfb17674da636a40e81ed9b78fb2c.jpg

9 modern books declared for $280... that's about $31 per book -- graded.

@NewWorldOrder - is this the Modern junk clogging up the system you're talking about?

:jokealert:

On 11/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, manetteska said:

9 modern books declared for $280... that's about $31 per book -- graded.

@NewWorldOrder - is this the Modern junk clogging up the system you're talking about?

:jokealert:

:bigsmile: Yeah, I have been way undervaluing my subs and corrected that in August. This issue made me realize the potential loss I take if they need to reimburse me the declared value. 

20 book modern slow.

Delivered 11/01

received and marked into system 11/02

:wishluck: 

Modern mags 4 

Delivered 2/24

Marked Received 3/17  at GEI on my end, yet reps tell me it is in QC since 10/29, awaiting status update on my end and hopefully I see shipped :) 

The thing that is interesting to me is the lack of consistency in information relating to TAT. I submitted 40 book that were delivered on 5/17 in 3 different tiers. Modern, Standard, and Value tier. I received the standard tier last month. I've got no idea what the TAT was at submission for that tier so I'm not sure if it was in the window or not. I called today about the modern order that is at 123 days. I was told it was in process and the TAT was 126 days so it was within the window. I got the standard response that TAT are not guaranteed just estimations. I get that completely I've been submitting for years; however, the TAT was 82 days when the comics were signed for at CGC. I was told the estimated TAT for a current order at CGC is the current TAT as of today????? Huh? I asked the lady to repeat that and she said the same thing. Sooooo if the TAT jumps to 300 days are they just kicking the can down the road and bumping everyone's TAT to the current estimation? Surely she was mistaken, but that's what she said. Customer service is taking a beating at CGC cause of the lack of information for the customer and inconsistency of the information. It seems to me a meeting with the staff is in order to get everyone on the same page. If she is in fact correct and business continues to increase it seems like orders will continue to move forward in TAT and never ship. Its a bit ridiculous. 

On 11/2/2021 at 9:24 AM, irishcritic said:

The thing that is interesting to me is the lack of consistency in information relating to TAT. I submitted 40 book that were delivered on 5/17 in 3 different tiers. Modern, Standard, and Value tier. I received the standard tier last month. I've got no idea what the TAT was at submission for that tier so I'm not sure if it was in the window or not. I called today about the modern order that is at 123 days. I was told it was in process and the TAT was 126 days so it was within the window. I got the standard response that TAT are not guaranteed just estimations. I get that completely I've been submitting for years; however, the TAT was 82 days when the comics were signed for at CGC. I was told the estimated TAT for a current order at CGC is the current TAT as of today????? Huh? I asked the lady to repeat that and she said the same thing. Sooooo if the TAT jumps to 300 days are they just kicking the can down the road and bumping everyone's TAT to the current estimation? Surely she was mistaken, but that's what she said. Customer service is taking a beating at CGC cause of the lack of information for the customer and inconsistency of the information. It seems to me a meeting with the staff is in order to get everyone on the same page. If she is in fact correct and business continues to increase it seems like orders will continue to move forward in TAT and never ship. Its a bit ridiculous. 

I joke with my friends that every week they just bump the tat another week so don't actually have to process anything. They just keep collecting the money and laugh all the way to bank. 

It is difficult to understand cause it doesn't make any sense at all. Here's an example to clarify.

1 book submission today 5 day TAT. In 4 days TAT increases to 10 days. In 9 days TAT increases to 15 days. In 14 days TAT increases to 20 days. Etc, etc, etc,....... So on day 100 you call and say "Hey just wondering where my book that was submitted with a 5 day TAT is at? "sorry sir or madam the current TAT is 250 days so check back at 251..... Its a perpetual spiral of indefinite dates. 

I suppose it works if everyday they ship out every single comic with the current TAT, but that isn't happening either. I've called CGC twice (before today) in 20 years with issues. On both occasions I was told TAT was tied to the submission date and not the current TAT. So if you submit and it 20 days then bump to 100 you are still on 20 day TAT cause your invoice number was submitted with that stated TAT. I guess something drastic happened and that policy changed. 

Best solution is eliminate TAT's altogether. CGC should just state "whenever" as the TAT.  

On 11/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, irishcritic said:

Best solution is eliminate TAT's altogether. CGC should just state "whenever" as the TAT.  

Or just say "TBD" which, as we all know, will never be determined. They can continue to move the goal posts.

In fact, they probably aren't even grading our books, just watching the boards (and this thread in particular) while pointing and laughing at our posts. 

On 11/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, graffix13 said:

Or just say "TBD" which, as we all know, will never be determined. They can continue to move the goal posts.

In fact, they probably aren't even grading our books, just watching the boards (and this thread in particular) while pointing and laughing at our posts. 

Aliens.jpeg

On 11/2/2021 at 12:10 PM, Callipygian said:

Of course she's correct. Why is that so hard to understand?

Well their statement is that whatever the TAT is when the books are delivered is what the estimated TAT should be.  If they were actually processing orders first in first out the orders would be closer to the original TAT instead of the current processing TAT.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:39 PM, Callipygian said:

They never process FIFO because of different tiers and Fast Track.

FIFO can still work even with the different tiers.  FT is the same as hot orders. They take priority, when done you pick up the regular orders where you left off.  It's a very simple concept. 

On 11/2/2021 at 1:46 PM, Callipygian said:

lol keep reading until you get to this qualifier. It nullifies your assertion.

Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. 

Does not change what their statement is.  I didn't write it.  I'm just saying in their words the TAT starts when it is delivered not 5 months later.  

On 11/2/2021 at 1:48 PM, Callipygian said:

If Fast Track can jump regular submissions you can't possibly maintain FIFO.

Yes you can. It's a common process in manufacturing and the same can be applied here.  As I said FT orders are essentially hot orders that once completed you go right back to your regular orders.  It's simple.