• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, Turtle said:

So much this!  It was great when you could call and it would be one of the handful of customer service reps they had working there at the time.  These people were knowledgeable and and personable both on the phone and when they were at conventions.  The good old days...:preach:

I called once earlier this year and the guy I had never heard of seemed to think I was speaking in a foreign language and had absolutely zero interest in trying to answer my question.  He was in such a hurry to get off the phone.  It was a waste of time.

Well, you do speak funny

On 11/2/2021 at 7:15 PM, greggy said:
On 11/2/2021 at 7:13 PM, Turtle said:

So much this!  It was great when you could call and it would be one of the handful of customer service reps they had working there at the time.  These people were knowledgeable and and personable both on the phone and when they were at conventions.  The good old days...:preach:

I called once earlier this year and the guy I had never heard of seemed to think I was speaking in a foreign language and had absolutely zero interest in trying to answer my question.  He was in such a hurry to get off the phone.  It was a waste of time.

Well, you do speak funny

What about when you could get grades over the phone? The lady I talked to said I've been at QC since last Friday, but "we cant give grades until it ships, you did really good on 3 and mid grade on the other!"

Well dang, if it ships I can see the grade! "When it ships it may be on my end first and then I'll give you the grade" she said :(

Please don't hate me.

Modern Slow Track Prescreen.

Delivered 10/19

Graded 10/25

Shipped 10/26

Returned to me 11/02.

They did however, completely ignore the pre-screen. Two 9.4s made it in, but overall happy with the results and stunned at the speed.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, at least 2/3 have a serious scuff mark in the upper right half. One case is cracked internally, and another came in the most beat up bag I've seen yet.

Edited by Tnexus

On 11/3/2021 at 3:26 AM, Tnexus said:

Please don't hate me.

Delivered 10/19

Graded 10/25

Shipped 10/26

Returned to me 11/02.

They did however, completely ignore the pre-screen. Two 9.4s made it in, but overall happy with the results and stunned at the speed.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, at least 2/3 have a serious scuff mark in the upper right half. One case is cracked internally, and another came in the most beat up bag I've seen yet.

They really need to stop taking new submissions and get everything in order. The customers will come back when the product is good again.

Please don't hate me.

Delivered 10/19

Graded 10/25

Shipped 10/26

Returned to me 11/02.

I hate to say this, but at this point I'd rather wait for my 13 submissions currently sitting at CGC/CCS instead of having to deal with some mechanical errors upon arrival. I consider myself super lucky that the last 2 submissions I received 2 weeks ago had no damage to the cases and were graded accurately.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:38 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Modern mags 4 

Delivered 2/24

Marked Received 3/17  at GEI on my end, yet reps tell me it is in QC since 10/29, awaiting status update on my end and hopefully I see shipped :) 

They DO say QC on my end now :) 

Perhaps shipped today :wishluck: we'll see :tink: 

Please don't hate me.

Delivered 10/19

Graded 10/25

Shipped 10/26

Returned to me 11/02.

Were you charged for pre screening?

On 11/3/2021 at 11:25 AM, IceHole said:

My 24 Mag Mod Sub

Delivered 3/12 went to Grading/Quality Control an hour ago.  First movement since SFG in July.

yes the very same with mine, will update if anything happens (thumbsu edit, except mine has been GEI since July

Here is hoping :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/3/2021 at 9:48 AM, Comic Roger B said:

Can anybody post some received dates on orders that are currently being graded. I am sure I have some more time but I am just curious where they are at. My books were delivered in June but actually received 8-3-21. So, basically sitting there for going on 5 months.

I don't remember my rec'd dates, but I think we all had books in June that took a couple months to receive in.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:45 PM, manetteska said:

You know the grades but not the books?

I mean what the condition is (I donno how they received my comics after shipping)...but that wait is over, I just got them.

10 - 9.8

14 - 9.6

1 - 9.4

24 "Something is  Killing the Children #1's...one of the 9.6's i dropped on the top right corner and pressed for days...color break of every page and back cover, so happy with that.

the 9.4 had 3 spine ticks...happy with that.

All the rest look exactly the same, so donno...and I mean all the same!  And CGC is up charging me for the 9.8's to standard sub cuz...money, i guess...so that adds 49.50 per book.  I can post pics...but 2 pages of fighting has filled the board up, just ask.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:55 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I don't remember my rec'd dates, but I think we all had books in June that took a couple months to receive in.

My books arrived at CGC late June. They were received August 3rd and still in Scheduled for Grading. I am thinking I have another month because I saw a few people where their rec'd dates were in July. Definitely would be nice to get them before 2022 so we will see.