• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

Signature Series Standard Qty 1

• Shipped to CGC Oct 20th
  • Received Nov 1st
  • Moved to GEI Nov 4th
  • Moved to GQC Nov 8th
  • Shipped Nov 9th

Slow track Modern Pre Screen Qty 50

• Shipped to CGC April 19th. 
  • Received June 14th
  • Moved to GEI Sept 22nd
  • Moved to GQC Nov 8th
  • Shipped Nov 9th

Slow Track Economy Qty 4

• Shipped to CGC April 19th. 
  • Received June 14th

On 11/9/2021 at 1:33 PM, cd4ever said:

Niiiice.  FU too Greggy and thanks.

image.thumb.png.553fab5765417b0ffd8ba0952cdf95a5.png

Wait a minute so you got walkthu service for the price of regular modern on 4 of you 11/8 receive date modern invoices?

So some of your moderns went out literally the next day upon arrival at CGC?

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 11/9/2021 at 8:41 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Wait a minute so you got walkthu service for the price of regular modern on 4 of you 11/8 receive date modern invoices?

This has been happening for a while. There have been Facebook meta posts etc.

It's by the luck of the draw, but cgc fine tunes it as," we're trying something to 'eventually' lower tat across the board."

All that has remained to be seen, but it's a head scratcher for sure. I even tried my luck and sent in more. I get a dunce cap sometimes! But might as well lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

As someone who has been a recipient of the warp speed grading, I was wondering if it depends on what you submit. I had 21 of the same comic. I wonder if multiples of the same issues may give you a bump in priority? Maybe because it's easier for to catalogue and easier for newer graders to grade?

On 11/10/2021 at 2:45 AM, Tnexus said:

As someone who has been a recipient of the warp speed grading, I was wondering if it depends on what you submit. I had 21 of the same comic. I wonder if multiples of the same issues may give you a bump in priority? Maybe because it's easier for to catalogue and easier for newer graders to grade?

How is the grading with this greased lightning service?

On 11/10/2021 at 7:35 AM, Ryan. said:

10/28. Still within the stated TAT but that's not stopping me from vigorously refreshing my submissions page. 

It’s interesting to me that apparently a lot of modern subs are getting pushed through very quickly but the more expensive tiers, such as express, aren’t.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:45 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

It’s interesting to me that apparently a lot of modern subs are getting pushed through very quickly but the more expensive tiers, such as express, aren’t.

Interesting...stupid...either works.

I honestly think that CGC has created a lottery system with the recent submissions to give people hope that they have a 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 chance to get lightning fast service. Perhaps they started seeing a slow down in modern submissions, so instead of having all submitters wait 5 months to get their books back, this lottery system gives some people a chance to potentially get their books back faster than ever. The reason why I think submissions have gone down considerably is because CGC is now opening packages received last week. The last we saw that was in the beginning of the pandemic, where submissions were really low. This lottery system may prompt more books to be submitted, until CGC catches up. 

On 11/9/2021 at 8:41 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

So some of your moderns went out literally the next day upon arrival at CGC?

They literally did.  And they didn't even wait to get received. I mailed them out on 11/2.