• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2022 at 2:48 PM, dman1234 said:

They just hit me for $3500 yesterday as well (for Nov-Jan submissions) - maybe their 1st Quarter revenue is looking a little light.

Pretty soon CGC will start charging our credit cards before opening the boxes. "Let's see, this package from greggy weighs a ton. Put him down for $5k. Next!"

On 2/17/2022 at 4:52 PM, Iceman399 said:

Your email is important to us.  We'll get back to you in some point in the future.
Facebook reports that everyone is getting charged for the Perez signing so I'm guessing you'll be at the bottom of the pile for refunds/responses.

Damn. I just got charged for a signing. I'll have to check and see if it was the Perez one or another one.

I was charged 30 hours ago for a submission that arrived on the 01/27 and opened the same day or within a day, so was happy with that.

I have 1 Standard comic and 24 Modern, the Moderns are still in Scheduled for grading since then.

But the Standard is in Grading/Quality Control, so 16 business days so far. And today will be the third day in this state.

Anyone have any idea how long it stays in this state Grading/Quality Control? I think that is getting close to the end :)

Being international i was told i could get them returned together, I was told to note that boldly and did, but have been charged $80 to get one book returned :0.  I guess it looks like i may get it sooner now anyway, so just hope the grade is above 9.2 on a 49 year old comic to cover the cost.

Edited by Nibirus

On 1/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, Gaard said:

Sheesh...6 months  Plus you gotta figure they were about 2 months behind in opening packages at that time. So your wait was probably closer to 8 months. Snow delays be damned, 8 months is too long.

I am at a year with the other guys, I'd be glad to have 6 or 8 months

On 2/18/2022 at 7:54 AM, cd4ever said:

I have been charged for 7 submissions in the last 2 days.  Like 4500.  No emails yet.  .

Sorry to hear that, I truly believe since the wait times are so awful they should only charge when they go to G/QC. Otherwise, they are basically collecting interest on our money. Bad business model in my opinion.

On 2/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Sorry to hear that, I truly believe since the wait times are so awful they should only charge when they go to G/QC. Otherwise, they are basically collecting interest on our money. Bad business model in my opinion.

I honestly don't mind getting charged at any point once CGC receives my packages. I just don't want to go through what greggy had to go through with over-charges or CGC billing me at the new rate (even though the submission was received before the rate change). Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with that issue yet.

On another note, does anyone have any experience with certain books being rejected by CCS (e.g. embossed or chromium covers) and receiving a refund as credit for these books? For instance, CCS charged me the full amount for books received early last year, and graded/shipped back in June. However, when they billed my most recent press submittals, they gave me credit for 2 books that weren't pressed as part of the June shipped package. Is this typical? Do we only see the credit applied if we submit more books for pressing?

On 2/18/2022 at 10:21 AM, zupaphly said:

So I had a sub marked shipped Wednesday morning,  and it still hasn't had a label printed for it... called and they said it must be behind... anyone every had one sit like this during the week?

Nope but I've had delays where it wouldn't be picked up for a couple of days after the label was created.  I could only imagine how many trucks show up to pick up USPS, FedEx, or UPS packages. 

On 2/18/2022 at 11:35 AM, greggy said:

Nope but I've had delays where it wouldn't be picked up for a couple of days after the label was created.  I could only imagine how many trucks show up to pick up USPS, FedEx, or UPS packages. 

Yeah... it just seems odd they would sit for 2 days without a label... now hearing you've never experienced this with as many subs you do, I'm kinda nervous...

On 2/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, cd4ever said:

I have been charged for 7 submissions in the last 2 days.  Like 4500.  No emails yet.  .

Among others, I have three Sept 2021 submissions charged Wed (no emails yet either), two of them modern have been in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for many weeks (at least one of them a  month); one is an economy still in the basic scheduled for grading.

On 2/18/2022 at 9:16 AM, skybolt said:

I honestly don't mind getting charged at any point once CGC receives my packages. I just don't want to go through what greggy had to go through with over-charges or CGC billing me at the new rate (even though the submission was received before the rate change). Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with that issue yet.

On another note, does anyone have any experience with certain books being rejected by CCS (e.g. embossed or chromium covers) and receiving a refund as credit for these books? For instance, CCS charged me the full amount for books received early last year, and graded/shipped back in June. However, when they billed my most recent press submittals, they gave me credit for 2 books that weren't pressed as part of the June shipped package. Is this typical? Do we only see the credit applied if we submit more books for pressing?

I totally agree. Getting refunds is a pain in the . I had a submission a while back that was a pre-screen and they charged me the entire amount. Luckily it came back 25/25 in 9.8 but I was already dreading having to get a refund if there were rejects.

On 2/19/2022 at 2:49 AM, 500Club said:

49 year old book! :whatthe:

…oh, wait… 1973… bronze … still a young ‘un :sorry:

Yep, Conan the Barbarian 23, First Red Sonja, i guess it has been graded now, just waiting on it to be shipped, if it is less than 9.2, it would be the best looking one around, if it has had no shipping or handling damage.