• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

@CGC Mike

Any updates on extending the 8 month drop off time on CGC Tracking?  Seems like a simple fix many of us have been repeatedly asking for.  Please understand it is stressful to wait so long and then no longer to be able to track any sort of progress or even see our valuables in tracking.

Trying not to get too dramatic here but CGC ignoring this repeated request borders on sadistic. 

• Administrator
On 2/28/2022 at 8:57 AM, eastriver31400 said:

@CGC Mike

Any updates on extending the 8 month drop off time on CGC Tracking?  Seems like a simple fix many of us have been repeatedly asking for.  Please understand it is stressful to wait so long and then no longer to be able to track any sort of progress or even see our valuables in tracking.

Trying not to get too dramatic here but CGC ignoring this repeated request borders on sadistic. 

Sorry, I do not have an update at this time.  Meanwhile, you should be able to locate the specific invoice information by entering the submission number in the search bar on the submission tracking page.

On 2/28/2022 at 7:57 AM, J RANDALL said:

And more good news, looks like TATs have been extended again.

image.thumb.png.18586b97044273fc1595243fc71012cb.png

Slow track modern pressing is also up to 249 business days. This will likely go up to 300+ business days as CCS starts catching up with the late April submissions to beat the price hike.

September Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to CGC               9/7
Delivered to CGC             9/10
‘Received’ by CGC           10/6 (18 business days later / 18 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading     10/6 (0 days later / 18 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation   10/6 (0 days later / 18 days so far)
Credit Card Charged        1/18 (66 business days later / 84 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control  2/23 (25 business days later / 109 days so far)
Shipped                            2/28 (3 business days later / 112 business days total)

On 2/28/2022 at 10:13 AM, Troy Division said:

September Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to CGC               9/7
Delivered to CGC             9/10
‘Received’ by CGC           10/6 (18 business days later / 18 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading     10/6 (0 days later / 18 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation   10/6 (0 days later / 18 days so far)
Credit Card Charged        1/18 (66 business days later / 84 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control  2/23 (25 business days later / 109 days so far)
Shipped                            2/28 (3 business days later / 112 business days total)

If you dont mind me asking, what was the submission number? Just seeing how far down my next batch is in the queue. 

On 2/23/2022 at 12:07 PM, Petroman said:

The problem is there aren't really many options if you want to switch.  From everything I've read on the CBCS boards they are in even worse shape with TATs.  That only leaves PGX as far as I'm aware.  I've never submitted to them and I've seen some bad press on them in the past.  But still, if you're submitted relatively recent, limited edition books for grading, it may make sense to go with PGX.  Their fee's are lower and they advertise a 35 day TAT.  Heck, most new books (last 10 years or so) that are submitted anywhere expect a 9.6+ grade, so getting a 9.8+ PGX should be on par with a 9.6+ CGC/CGCS .  When it comes to older or key books, I definitely will stick to CGC as resale price seems to be quite a bit lower with PGX (and somewhat lower with CGCS, but the gap is narrowing).  In a perfect world I'd send everything to CGC and expect books back within a few months.  But at upwards of a year for MODERN SLOW its hard to justify.

Let me fix that last sentence for you.

"But at upwards of a year for MODERN SLOW its IMPOSIBLE to justify.

First, transactions in the real world are getting faster, I have my car's windshield replaced tomorrow while it sits in my driveway, heck I can buy a car and have it delivered to me in a few days.  I can plan a wedding and get married, have a multiple reconstructive surgeries, travel around the world in a boat, and do a million things in the time it takes them to grade a book a comic book and place it in a plastic container.

Second, the administrative nightmare CGC must being dealing with by getting this far behind must being causing a huge impact on their profits.  I'm sure the price hikes are directly related to how inefficient they are.  Imagine trying to do that job not with a streamlined process but with the complexity of multiple tiers, price points, and signings and seeing a literally a million books piled up around you and 4 thousand more (1M / 250 business days) showing up every day!  The staff need just to keep it all strait and to answer all the email and calls from all their clients must be staggering.

And I'm new around here but it sounds like this has been going on not for weeks but for at least decade.

They don't know how to run a business or don't care (or likely both).

Hard pass.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:23 AM, JJ-4 said:

First, transactions in the real world are getting faster, I have my car's windshield replaced tomorrow while it sits in my driveway, heck I can buy a car and have it delivered to me in a few days.  I can plan a wedding and get married, have a multiple reconstructive surgeries, travel around the world in a boat, and do a million things in the time it takes them to grade a book a comic book and place it in a plastic container.

Second, the administrative nightmare CGC must being dealing with by getting this far behind must being causing a huge impact on their profits.  I'm sure the price hikes are directly related to how inefficient they are.  Imagine trying to do that job not with a streamlined process but with the complexity of multiple tiers, price points, and signings and seeing a literally a million books piled up around you and 4 thousand more (1M / 250 business days) showing up every day!  The staff need just to keep it all strait and to answer all the email and calls from all their clients must be staggering.

And I'm new around here but it sounds like this has been going on not for weeks but for at least decade.

They don't know how to run a business or don't care (or likely both).

Hard pass.

The windshield is a good example, but I prefer the creation of human life. I currently have books delivered in June of 2021 sitting at CGC. Tomorrow will be the 9 month mark, meaning entire humans were grown and birthed in the time it took CGC to grade my books. And some people in here are still waiting on books from April… 

In terms of it causing an impact on their profits it’s not, they still get flooded everyday with more books. This will continue until the secondary market (people buying graded books) begins to pay the same or more for a competitor grading companies’ book AND those competitors can deliver in significantly faster delivery times. Until then it literally does not matter, CGC knows it, everyone in the business including their customers also know it. Most books I send in I am doing so to then sell, and they’re still the most profitable means to do that for me.  

On 2/28/2022 at 10:00 AM, wiparker824 said:

The windshield is a good example, but I prefer the creation of human life. I currently have books delivered in June of 2021 sitting at CGC. Tomorrow will be the 9 month mark, meaning entire humans were grown and birthed in the time it took CGC to grade my books. And some people in here are still waiting on books from April… 

In terms of it causing an impact on their profits it’s not, they still get flooded everyday with more books. This will continue until the secondary market (people buying graded books) begins to pay the same or more for a competitor grading companies’ book AND those competitors can deliver in significantly faster delivery times. Until then it literally does not matter, CGC knows it, everyone in the business including their customers also know it. Most books I send in I am doing so to then sell, and they’re still the most profitable means to do that for me.  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I never considered the fact I could actually create a human quicker than having a modern Batman book graded, but its 100% true.......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I agree with you to a degree.

They are running at capacity but had they hired more staff they would be able to have happier customers, more business (more profit from a volume standpoint), and greater efficiency (more profit per book).

Full disclosure, with these issues and all the problems they have with re-work (wrong holders, damaged books, etc.) I've been sitting on the sidelines for months.  Came on here hoping to learn about getting some of my collection graded but I've still never submitted a book to date and probably never will. 

On 2/28/2022 at 10:28 AM, JJ-4 said:

I agree with you to a degree.

They are running at capacity but had they hired more staff they would be able to have happier customers, more business (more profit from a volume standpoint), and greater efficiency (more profit per book).

Full disclosure, with these issues and all the problems they have with re-work (wrong holders, damaged books, etc.) I've been sitting on the sidelines for months.  Came on here hoping to learn about getting some of my collection graded but I've still never submitted a book to date and probably never will. 

They need to open a west coast office and have half the country ship their books there. 

On 2/28/2022 at 8:57 AM, J RANDALL said:

And more good news, looks like TATs have been extended again.

image.thumb.png.18586b97044273fc1595243fc71012cb.png

Are you fudging kidding me? :censored: 220 days for economy? CGC really needs to figure their :censored: out.

Edited by universal soldier

I had two Value Submissions move to GEI today, been sitting at SFG since 9/30.

Joey has 3 other submissions of mine that he dropped off at the same time that got put under his account so can't see progress but when all these get back I will be done submitting.