• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

25 Modern Fast Track

12/3 Delivered to CGC

12/8 Received

12/8 SFG

12/23: GEI

2/16: G/QC

2/17: Shipped

2/24: Delivered :banana:

1 Mechanical Error

1/10: Delivered to CGC

1/13: SFG

2/14: GEI

2/28: Shipped

3/1: Delivered :banana:

1 George Perez Signature Series w/ Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

2/22: Received at CCS

1 Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley Signature Series w/Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

3/3: Received at CCS

Still no email pertaining to my Perez book.  I just want it returned.  The book meant nothing to me unless it had his signature on it.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:01 AM, jlrangers21 said:

Seven submission order but had a Walkthru that got the box opened immediately.  Fast track seems to be making a difference to get to GEI status.  

Fast Track Economy with Labels (4 Books)
Delivered 02/16/21
Received 02/16/21
Scheduled For Grading 02/16/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 02/24/21

Fast Track Economy with NO Labels (8 Books)
Delivered 02/16/22
Received 02/16/22
Scheduled For Grading 02/16/22
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 02/24/22

Fast Track Modern with Labels (3 Books)
Delivered 02/16/22
Received 02/16/22
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 02/25/22
Grading Quality Control 03/01/22 - CGC charged 03/01/22
Shipped 03/07/22 - Shipped on Saturday 03/05/22, but official ship date is 03/07/22

Modern Slow Track (25 Books)
Delivered 02/16/22
Received 02/16/22

Modern Pre-sceen Slow Track with Labels (25 Books)
Delivered 02/16/22
Received 02/16/22

Standard (4 Books)
Delivered 02/16/22
Received 02/16/22
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 03/01/22
Grading Quality Control 03/03/21 - CGC charged 03/03/22
Shipped 03/04/22

Walkthru with CCS Restoration Screening (1 Book)
Delivered 02/16/22
Received 02/16/22
Received at CCS 02/16/22

Question for anyone who has had CGC incorrectly label your book - Does the correct label show up in your dashboard after they supposedly fix it? My Mechanical Error submission was just marked as shipped, however, it is still showing the incorrect label and no grade attached to it. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

7x Modern Fast Track (no addl services)

Delivered: 1/28
Rcvd: 2/3
SFG: 2/3
G/E/I: 2/22
QC: 2/23
Shipped: 2/28
Charged: 2/16

Pleased it was so quick, like I got my money's worth choosing Fast Track, but still so bizarre how willy-nilly their prioritization seems to be. 

So looking over one of my economy submissions that was received on 10/1 and running it through a working day calculator gave me a tentative return date of July. 

That got me thinking and curious about what CCS has and Currently the TAT for both modern and economy sit at 248 :shiftyeyes:

(Please note other than signing or SS books I do not use CCS ) still I was curious. 

With the same calculator I put in todays date and that TAT and just for CCS it came back with this ...20220307_121035.jpg.7eb85bef168b861d3f38866dff147b2c.jpg

:whatthe:

On 3/7/2022 at 1:19 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

So looking over one of my economy submissions that was received on 10/1 and running it through a working day calculator gave me a tentative return date of July. 

That got me thinking and curious about what CCS has and Currently the TAT for both modern and economy sit at 248 :shiftyeyes:

(Please note other than signing or SS books I do not use CCS ) still I was curious. 

With the same calculator I put in todays date and that TAT and just for CCS it came back with this ...20220307_121035.jpg.7eb85bef168b861d3f38866dff147b2c.jpg

When you started collecting did you think, I hope one day I will be able to read and determine actual lunar stages from the roman calendar as well as estimate business days from now and in the past.

Edited by PKJ

On 3/7/2022 at 12:55 PM, Kantankerous said:

I'm beginning to see a pattern here.  Lot of the submissions with few books (say less than 8) seem to get graded quickly...

Yes.

From now on I will separately send in 25 comic books to be graded for my 25 comic book submissions. Granted, the $5 handling fee per invoice that applies to all online submissions will add up. :wink:

Wow! So basically a year for pressing. Then the clock starts for grading?

homer.gif

Economy Magazine is 301 for grading only....have a Savage Sword of Conan #1 I wouldn't mind grading.....but nope..

On 3/7/2022 at 2:57 PM, Msgarmar said:

EXTENSIVE grading notes on some beat up books. One example:

Wow... this is the ultimate example of redundancy and waste. If the spine is "96% split" why would they bother indicating 3 specific areas on the spine that were split lol . Nice to know where the graders choose to inconsistently allocate their time... guess their still working on creating "Standard Work" with those efficiency experts?

On 3/7/2022 at 3:22 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

Seriously. To think any persons books have a better right to be graded can suck it. Value is not necessarily just what it is worth but it could be sentimental as well. I don't care if you are submitting a $5,000 book or a $50 book. I personally don't submit books under $100 but if someone wants to do it then that is their money. Complain at the company allowing the TATs to get out of control, not the people submitting books.

Completely disagree. Blame the people. 

Most people aren't submitting books for sentimental value.  :makepoint:

They have the right to submit what they want but I have to right to say how uneducated they are when we all know most are just clogging up the line with trash. 

Not buying the fact some collector wants their reader Spawn #1 from when they were a kid that all of a sudden needs to be in a holder at 6.5 grade.  If the book has sentimental value then why even bother getting it graded?

No one is saying CGC cant do better, but at the same time the per usual  "hire more graders" just makes the person saying it not understand anything about the comic book market and truly how tough that is to find.   The facts are a good chunk of CGC submissions are for $ gain, and since a good amount of them are now here from other avenues from Covid a lot of them are submitting books that should never be in CGC holders.  They are just now losing money from giving everyone a cash advance and in turn losing on their initial purchase prices.  They will slowly go away just like all bull markets or fads, and things should return to a reasonable TaT in the near future with the addition of the CGC expansion.  Not excusing some of the current problems with QC right now, but you can't blame CGC for not being prepared to get 10x-ed on the amount of books they receive out of no where.  

Now if one says they should hire more warehouse workers, CS, and add more encapsulation machines, which they say they have over the past year okay then I see a more logical thought process.  Another valid concern I agree with others is all the signings and how that is effecting TaT's.  However, again I am not going to put CGC as the #1 blame here when we the customers can first put a stop high TaT's by stopping to submit trash DREK to begin with.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

They have the right to submit what they want but I have to right to say how uneducated they are when we all know most are just clogging up the line with trash. 

Not buying the fact some collector wants their reader Spawn #1 from when they were a kid that all of a sudden needs to be in a holder at 6.5 grade.  If the book has sentimental value then why even bother getting it graded?

No one is saying CGC cant do better, but at the same time the per usual  "hire more graders" just makes the person saying it not understand anything about the comic book market and truly how tough that is to find.   The facts are a good chunk of CGC submissions are for $ gain, and since a good amount of them are now here from other avenues from Covid a lot of them are submitting books that should never be in CGC holders.  They are just now losing money from giving everyone a cash advance and in turn losing on their initial purchase prices.  They will slowly go away just like all bull markets or fads, and things should return to a reasonable TaT in the near future with the addition of the CGC expansion.  Not excusing some of the current problems with QC right now, but you can't blame CGC for not being prepared to get 10x-ed on the amount of books they receive out of no where.  

Now if one says they should hire more warehouse workers, CS, and add more encapsulation machines, which they say they have over the past year okay then I see a more logical thought process.  Another valid concern I agree with others is all the signings and how that is effecting TaT's.  However, again I am not going to put CGC as the #1 blame here when we the customers can first put a stop high TaT's by stopping to submit trash DREK to begin with.

Everybody has a right to their opinion. I have seen hauls on YouTube and I think to myself why in the hell are they submitting $50-60 books. I get that. I don't recommend they do it. But, just like any company, if the customer is willing to spend/waste their money then let them do it. CGC does not care if the $24 grading fee goes to grading a $400 book or a $1 book. It is all the same to them.

I agree that hiring more graders is easy to say but harder to implement. Do we really want graders hired in a hurry? It would probably result in inconsistent grading. The only things I think will help would be to postpone signings and possibly pausing the modern submission tier for a few months to try to catch up. The people you are referring to will probably not want to spend for economy and the people who are smart will submit books where their profit is not affected too much.

I just think saying "my books are better than yours" is elitist. I learned my lesson to sending books in as slow. I will only be sending in as fast from now on.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Where do you get your information on what is actually being submitted?  AFAIK CGC does not publish any of this.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, Petroman said:

Where do you get your information on what is actually being submitted?  AFAIK CGC does not publish any of this.

Because I am smart

image.thumb.png.d8cdd97a5c2c36fd137f936b4c43f21a.png