• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,089 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 11:43 AM, Courageous Cat said:

yea, but that pineapple drink :cloud9:

I know right lol 

I see that line every time I am in Disneyland.  What gives with that drink? 

On 3/9/2022 at 2:39 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Should a Dealer (who spends 100K per year at CGC) or Little Jimmy (spends 1k) have their books graded faster in the same tier.  By your logic it should be that dealer right?

Yeah, I have no problem with this.  Same as someone who is Platinum on an airline or hotel rewards program.  Keep your best customers happy.  Its good business.  I honestly figure they have something like this for their dealers, but just speculation on my part.  Hey, we agree on something :-)

BTW Disney World blows, Universal is where its at because at least there you can buy "Universal Fastpass" and skip the lines the whole day.

Haven't been to Disney in 15+ years but have been to Universal twice.  One Fastpass, one not.  I guess it depends on the season, but if its busy Fastpass is the only way to go.  Unless you like waiting on 2 hour lines and going on 5 rides in a day.  

Wow, that's agreement on two things!

BTW I am also guilty of submitting trash over the years.  

Even in this last batch I just got back it would have been better for me to throw 3 of the books in the trash than have submitted them to CGC.  So I can also do better.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:38 PM, cd4ever said:

Real books?  If that statement isn't elitist, I don't know what is. 

So this is a real book?  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325072947648?hash=item4bafdb89c0%3Ag%3AauAAAOSwIo5iGlmX&LH_Auction=1

Are we really going to have this conversation?

On 3/9/2022 at 12:41 PM, Petroman said:

Yeah, I have no problem with this.  Same as someone who is Platinum on an airline or hotel rewards program.  Keep your best customers happy.  Its good business.  I honestly figure they have something like this for their dealers, but just speculation on my part.  Hey, we agree on something :-)

BTW Disney World blows, Universal is where its at because at least there you can buy "Universal Fastpass" and skip the lines the whole day.

Haven't been to Disney in 15+ years but have been to Universal twice.  One Fastpass, one not.  I guess it depends on the season, but if its busy Fastpass is the only way to go.  Unless you like waiting on 2 hour lines and going on 5 rides in a day.  

Wow, that's agreement on two things!

So then I am not sure what got you all worked up lol

Give you another example.  One of my close friends just got 50 books back from CGC.  35 of them were a complete waste because he lost money on them.  He still did ok over all because of the other 15, but he knew he wasted valuable grading spots in line on 35 books which could have went to other "real books" worth grading.  So admits he wasted not only his time but others who had to wait longer for their books to get graded behind his 35 books that should not have been graded in the first place.  He wasted profit from the other 15 books that bleed into the loses from the other 35. 

That is mainly what I am saying about people needing to better educate themselves in getting "real books" graded, and not waste valuable spots in line.  I have no problem if a collector wants to submit books for their personal collection and the grading costs outweigh the value of the books.  I am merely saying 50% of the time people aren't submitting for that reason and its leading to the backup.  So if we are all going to wait behind others it would be nice to be behind "real books" worth getting graded.  

If everyone knew what they were doing and submitted just "real books" to get graded or books for their personal collections CGC wouldn't need to expand so fast.  They are growing because many people don't know what they are doing and are donating FREE money to CGC.  Just my opinion.

Pomps out. lol 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/9/2022 at 3:57 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

One of my close friends just got 50 books back from CGC.  35 of them were a complete waste because he lost money on them.

Well this is another aspect of getting books grading.  Call it the scratch lottery aspect.  You send in some marginal books hoping for decent grades.  Doesn't always work, in which case you sell at cost or a loss (if you can even sell them LOL).  But if one or two of those marginal books comes back 9.8 it could all be worth it.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, Petroman said:

Well this is another aspect of getting books grading.  Call it the scratch lottery aspect.  You send in some marginal books hoping for decent grades.  Doesn't always work, in which case you sell at cost or a loss (if you can even sell them LOL).  But if one or two of those marginal books comes back 9.8 it could all be worth it.

That sounds more like gambling no?

On 3/9/2022 at 4:02 PM, cd4ever said:

Absolutely it is, and has sales to support it having a value much higher than that.  The issue here was sales format, auctions quite often don't hit the prior and post retail value.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:20 PM, GACollectibles said:

Absolutely it is, and has sales to support it having a value much higher than that.  The issue here was sales format, auctions quite often don't hit the prior and post retail value.

and this one? :insane:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224865314512?hash=item345b0466d0%3Ag%3Atb0AAOSwB1ViH-K1&LH_Auction=1

On 3/9/2022 at 4:48 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

It's another auction, are we really going to have this conversation?

On 3/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, Timmay said:

The same could be said about the current modern graders.

Tim are you talking about graders at CGC or people submitting to CGC?

On 3/9/2022 at 1:53 PM, GACollectibles said:

It's another auction, are we really going to have this conversation?

Until you get things right. :makepoint:

image.png.9b32a33fc199e1041ab94b65879ac283.png

On 3/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Until you get things right. :makepoint:

image.png.9b32a33fc199e1041ab94b65879ac283.png

Every post is one less overhang drek book you could be submitting.

On 3/9/2022 at 4:57 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Tim are you talking about graders at CGC or people submitting to CGC?

Probably means your friend who got smoked on 35 slabs.  :baiting:

On 3/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, GACollectibles said:

Every post is one less overhang drek book you could be submitting.

It's all DREK.

In the end we die alone. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 3/9/2022 at 1:58 PM, Timmay said:

Current modern graders at CGC.

Hit or miss both ways with some of the grades.

Are you talking about post year 2000 books or 1975-1999?

1975-1999 I feel its pretty much the same as it has always been.  On my end I am not seeing over all invoices I disagree with besides the usual 2-3 per 100 books submitted. 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:07 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Are you talking about post year 2000 books or 1975-1999?

1975-1999 I feel its pretty much the same as it has always been.  On my end I am not seeing over all invoices I disagree with besides the usual 2-3 per 100 books submitted. 

80's and 90's drek