• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,044 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2022 at 2:53 PM, Stefan_W said:

It is now, was 15 when I submitted. 

CGC will tell you it doesn't matter what the estimated turnaround time was when they were submitted but that the currently posted times are the (more) accurate ones.

Edited by GACollectibles
added "ed"

On 3/17/2022 at 12:03 PM, GACollectibles said:

CGC will tell you it doesn't matter what the estimated turnaround time was when they were submitted but that the currently posted times are the (more) accurate ones.

doh!

On 3/17/2022 at 2:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

Does anyone know where things are at with modern pre-screens? I have a shipment of moderns heading back starting today, and my pre-screen moderns got to CGC about 4 days ahead of the other group. The web page said 15 working days at the time for pre-screens, but some people have said that the pre-screens have been taking much longer. 

Looking back at the last two in this thread, there was a Mid-August submission that got graded late Feb. The second was also from Mid-August and just got returned last week.

Mine are from 11/12 and still SFG.

So I probably have 30-60 days left for mine.

On 3/17/2022 at 8:59 AM, JJ-4 said:

Except the In-N-Out Burger isn't $20.  It's actually the same price or slightly cheaper than what you would pay at other fast food restaurants.  So by your logic they would just keep increasing prices ($20 burger) until they lost customers.  They've done the opposite, kept quality up, hired more staff, and kept their core customers extremely happy so they have great word of mouth and don't have to spend any money on marketing.

Can you imagine if they had a In-N-Out chat board where people said they kept jacking the prices, they always got the order wrong, the food wasn't fresh any more and there was only 1 person working the drive thru.  In-N-Out Burger as run by Blackrock.  Huge short term profits and on the way to becoming the opposite of a Winnah.

I get 1500-2000 books back from CGC each year.  Of that I get maybe 10 of them on average per year that need to go back (mainly for a cracked slab at shipping).  Honestly I usually don't bother sending them back and just sell them as is with the customers seeing the pics of the case damage.  Only time I will send a book back is for a bigger value book or the book itself was damaged (which is rare).  So I personally can't complain as much as I see here sometimes.  

The point is any company will try to raise their prices till they either A hit price resistance or B loose customers from bad management, QC, CS etc...

So many people complain online, but yet they keep submitting. lol   As I have said a million times until CGC stops making people money or a real competitor comes into the market they are in no rush to lower prices.  If anyone was in charge of CGC and they tell me they wouldn't raise prices till they saw a drop off in submissions I wouldnt believe them. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I get 1500-2000 books back from CGC each year.  Of that I get maybe 10 of them on average per year that need to go back (mainly for a cracked slab at shipping).  Honestly I usually don't bother sending them back and just sell them as is with the customers seeing the pics of the case damage.  Only time I will send a book back is for a bigger value book or the book itself was damaged (which is rare).  So I personally can't complain as much as I see here sometimes.

You submit books, got it.

The point is any company will try to raise their prices till they either A hit price resistance or B loose customers from bad management, QC, CS etc...

And yet In-N-Out Burger (which you like) isn't doing either of these things, which is my point.  

As I have said a million times until CGC stops making people money or a real competitor comes into the market they are in no rush to lower prices.  If anyone was in charge of CGC and they tell me they wouldn't raise prices till they saw a drop off in submissions I wouldnt believe them.

I agree with you, CGC is operating exactly like you noted but not like ln-N-Out Burger which has very high customer satisfaction.

On 3/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, JJ-4 said:

You submit books, got it.

And yet In-N-Out Burger (which you like) isn't doing either of these things, which is my point.  

I agree with you, CGC is operating exactly like you noted but not like ln-N-Out Burger which has very high customer satisfaction.

However their fries are sub-par.

If you combine McDonalds fries with them you have perfection! 

Do you see In-N-Out continually raising prices until they hit either A or B?

(I don't they operate like that at all)

On 3/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, Tnexus said:

Looking back at the last two in this thread, there was a Mid-August submission that got graded late Feb. The second was also from Mid-August and just got returned last week.

Mine are from 11/12 and still SFG.

So I probably have 30-60 days left for mine.

Mine are 11/11 so we are pretty much back to back. 

To anyone who are George Perez fans,

Mine: 

Received: 2/22/22
Items: 4
Declared Value: 375
Service: In-house Signing Grading

Last Thursday (3/10), I replied the email from CGC customer service and I picked Option #1. My response was forwarded to the in-house signature team to move my books to the grading department. What is your turnaround after you picked option #1 (regular blue universal labels) or option #2 (George Perez blue label)?

Edited by JollyComics

On 3/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, Tnexus said:

It's possible some of the books got creased on or at the way to CGC. One of my submissions in the past came back with about five books with a crease all in the exact spot.

It could be, but all 50 books were shipped together in one box.  I think it's the tale of two graders.  One was very hard on grading and the other one not.

Based on some of the TATs posted here, I think I can get an estimate of when my books are coming back to me (+/- a few days). The only bad news is that I may be out of town when they arrive due to a trip planned way before these TATs were off the charts. FedEx online manager doesn't allow me to change the delivery instructions once its out CGC's door because the sender, CGC, requires the signature and if a 2nd attempt of delivery is made and no ones home, FedEx states that they will ship it back to CGC. Then I've got to pay shipment twice, and risk damage to the shipment with all the back and forth.

Has this happened to anyone and/or know of a way I can set up my delivery to arrive later when I get back? Would CGC be able to hold off on the shipment once I see that it's in GEI status (just before SHIPPED status)?

On 3/17/2022 at 8:26 PM, comixry said:

Based on some of the TATs posted here, I think I can get an estimate of when my books are coming back to me (+/- a few days). The only bad news is that I may be out of town when they arrive due to a trip planned way before these TATs were off the charts. FedEx online manager doesn't allow me to change the delivery instructions once its out CGC's door because the sender, CGC, requires the signature and if a 2nd attempt of delivery is made and no ones home, FedEx states that they will ship it back to CGC. Then I've got to pay shipment twice, and risk damage to the shipment with all the back and forth.

Has this happened to anyone and/or know of a way I can set up my delivery to arrive later when I get back? Would CGC be able to hold off on the shipment once I see that it's in GEI status (just before SHIPPED status)?

If FedEx is the same in your area as mine you can get them to hold at a location for pickup. Assuming your trip is not super long that should do the trick. 

Yeah just have it held at a FedEx location. FedEx is horrible at delivering at my home, so this way I know it will be safe.

If they haven't shipped yet you should be able to contact CGC and request a Hold (probably gets put on Hold for Pickup) and then when you get back have it shipped, or at least that used to work. You can call first to confirm, but it will probably take an email confirmation for them to change the shipping request.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:26 PM, comixry said:

I used to have to do what @Stefan_Wand @Tnexus suggested, which is hold at local distribution hub for a Will Call pickup since I was never home. Then had delivered to work a few times until TAT got so long I was like "what if I'm fired?" Then I stumbled upon the real fix! Rent a mailbox service.  

Yeah it can be $200-400 a year, but someone is always there to sign for packages and they hold till I pick up and it works for anything I online order. Never again have I received damage to comics crammed in mailbox or stuff stolen from porch. Very, very handy and worth it. Bear in mind, you want Mailbox, NOT PO Box - since PO Box will only accept USPS. Mailbox service accepts from all carriers. Look for mailbox rental at UPS Store, Mailbox+, or similiar.

Good luck