• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, Droid81 said:

I emailed customer service regarding membership credit from last year due to the current TATs and I was told my order is still being pressed by CCS even though I was charged back on March 17th.  Also, when I search for this order in the submission tracking it says 'Your submission is in the “Received” status. Line item detail is not yet available.'

If my order had actually been received by CGC before I renewed my membership just a week ago the submission would have still qualified for last years membership credit, but because my books are not even at CGC yet, I will be loosing my credit from an entire year of having a membership.  Why offer a credit for an order if it takes longer than a year to process said order, therefore not qualifying for the credit?

Here I thought my books were done at CCS and were already at CGC, but this is not true.  Not having accurate information on the Submission Tracking page is most frustrating.  For everyone waiting on orders older then 8 months, there is no guarantee your books are actually where they say they are.

@CGC Mike

• Administrator
On 6/17/2022 at 4:57 PM, Droid81 said:

I emailed customer service regarding membership credit from last year due to the current TATs and I was told my order is still being pressed by CCS even though I was charged back on March 17th.  Also, when I search for this order in the submission tracking it says 'Your submission is in the “Received” status. Line item detail is not yet available.'

If my order had actually been received by CGC before I renewed my membership just a week ago the submission would have still qualified for last years membership credit, but because my books are not even at CGC yet, I will be loosing my credit from an entire year of having a membership.  Why offer a credit for an order if it takes longer than a year to process said order, therefore not qualifying for the credit?

Here I thought my books were done at CCS and were already at CGC, but this is not true.  Not having accurate information on the Submission Tracking page is most frustrating.  For everyone waiting on orders older then 8 months, there is no guarantee your books are actually where they say they are.

PM me your submission number and I will look into this for you.  

On 6/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

Slight increases to TATs for some of the lower tiers today:

Economy CGC: 210 -> 220 Days    Economy CCS 242 -> 244 Days

Modern CGC 73 -> 75 Days    Modern CCS 242 -> 244 Days

Modern CGC 75 -> 81 Days

Economy CGC 220 -> 227 Days

• Administrator
On 6/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, Beastfeast said:

@CGC Mike Just to clear up any confusion - TATs are NOT based on the time of submission but the current estimates instead, correct?  Just trying to adjust expectations.  

Here's a post from Jennifer:

The turnaround time does start when the package is received, however, that does not mean the the turnaround time of that package cannot change from what it was when you sent the order in.  There are many factors that go into the turnaround times including how many other submissions were received in the same week.  We generally receive about 30-40 thousand submissions a week and depending on how many of those are in the same tier or have the same services as your invoice could factor into a longer turnaround time.  We also can't say exactly how long it will take to grade or press one invoice.  That will vary from submission to submission.  Sometimes the graders need more time with a particular book or sometimes a book may require multiple passes through the pressing machine. All of these things can extend the turnaround time.  We try to provide the best estimate we can but those sorts of variables will cause fluctuations in the time. 

On 6/17/2022 at 10:01 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here's a post from Jennifer:

The turnaround time does start when the package is received, however, that does not mean the the turnaround time of that package cannot change from what it was when you sent the order in.  There are many factors that go into the turnaround times including how many other submissions were received in the same week.  We generally receive about 30-40 thousand submissions a week and depending on how many of those are in the same tier or have the same services as your invoice could factor into a longer turnaround time.  We also can't say exactly how long it will take to grade or press one invoice.  That will vary from submission to submission.  Sometimes the graders need more time with a particular book or sometimes a book may require multiple passes through the pressing machine. All of these things can extend the turnaround time.  We try to provide the best estimate we can but those sorts of variables will cause fluctuations in the time. 

Dig it.  Thanks so much.

Also - the bolded part :whatthe:

Edited by Beastfeast

On 6/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, CGC Mike said:

We generally receive about 30-40 thousand submissions a week and depending on how many of those are in the same tier or have the same services as your invoice could factor into a longer turnaround time. 

Finally a piece of the puzzle falls into place.

Remember this, people 

On 6/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Given all of the QC errors lately, I would not be surprised if the 9.8 with grader's notes was actually graded 9.4-9.6, but assigned the wrong grade/label...

Honestly I think the book was fairly graded.  It was an Excalibur Special Edition #nn that was pretty darn near perfect.  Submitted 2 copies that were both bagged and boarded back in 1987.  They both had an identical production error light scuff on the back that I was afraid a new grader would hammer.  The other copy came back as 9.6 and had "fingerprints to cover".  I didn't see fingerprints on either cover but it is a pretty busy cover so I probably missed them.  In any event I feel the grades I got on this batch were consistent with the grades I used to get prior to 2021.  I am hopeful this will be the trend with submissions going forward. 

On 6/18/2022 at 8:53 AM, Petroman said:

Honestly I think the book was fairly graded.  It was an Excalibur Special Edition #nn that was pretty darn near perfect.  Submitted 2 copies that were both bagged and boarded back in 1987.  They both had an identical production error light scuff on the back that I was afraid a new grader would hammer.  The other copy came back as 9.6 and had "fingerprints to cover".  I didn't see fingerprints on either cover but it is a pretty busy cover so I probably missed them.  In any event I feel the grades I got on this batch were consistent with the grades I used to get prior to 2021.  I am hopeful this will be the trend with submissions going forward. 

I used to think and hope this way, until I got my last submission. You got lucky this time, next time you might not be so lucky. It's all luck of the draw. Kinda unsettling really. Never had anxiety about submitting before, now it's like playing Russian roulette. 

Edited by ak47po

4/20/22
MODERN
6/16/22

4/20/22
FAST TRACK MODERN
4/25/22

4/20/22
MODERN
6/17/22

4/20/22
MODERN
6/17/22

4/20/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
6/17/22

4/20/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
6/20/22

4/20/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
6/20/22

4/20/22
MODERN
Scheduled for Grading

4/13/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
6/17/22

4/13/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
6/17/22

4/13/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
Grading/Quality Control

4/13/22
EXPRESS
4/26/22

4/13/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
6/16/22

4/12/22
PRESCREEN - MODERN
6/20/22

TATs were better than advertised when I sent the books in to CGC. Pretty pleased with the speed.

Grading however is inconsistent. Most Pre-Screen were in the 80-92% range which is typical for my old submissions. In one particular Modern Pre-screen lot of 25, only 11 passed screening while 15 were rejected. Yes, 26 answers on a 25 question test (: How is this possible ? One book received both 9.8 and Reject ??? This isn't a valuable book but I liked the cover. I intended to make it a gift. Spoke with customer service and let them know whoever graded this lot needs more training or at the very least, a second set of eyes on their results. 

Customer service was Grade A as always.

Iron Man 12 11/21 Marvel Comics Variant Edition                                      REJECT                               9.8 WHITE

Edited by the authority

On 6/18/2022 at 1:06 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.63956666bef3f79fd42a3d19201110f2.png

These are modern slow I assume?    I have 2 modern/slow stuck in SFG 3/14 & 4/4 received dates.  My 2 previous orders were 2.5 months, so it seemed like TAT's were drastically improving.  Your TATs are not bad at all.

On 6/17/2022 at 4:57 PM, Droid81 said:

You're not alone.  Same thing is happening to my submission from last year...

Delivered 5/3/2021

Received (Opened) 6/21/2021

CCS Billed 1/12/2022

I called Customer Service on Friday and was told they were starting to press books received July 1 2021.  The CS Rep was very nice and sent an inquiry email, as mine should have resurfaced by now.  Got a call back from CGC but missed it and no VM.  Hoping there is an update next week, as it was late in the day Friday.  :wishluck:

On 6/19/2022 at 6:11 PM, ak47po said:

:frustrated:(shrug)

Screenshot (64).png

How is Modern Fast Track at 10 days while Walkthrough which is a premium service is at 11 days. Talk about odd. It's like this mad rush of Walkthrough came in through their doors.

Edited by captainzombie