• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,088 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, captainzombie said:

Thank you! I wonder if @CGC Mike can confirm if CGC will do on site grading for next month's C2E2.

Sorry but, currently there is no on site grading listed in the events section.

1x Express
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29; Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 7/7; Grading/Quality Control 7/8 :news:

2x Standard
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29

4x Fast Track Economy
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29

On 7/7/2022 at 12:09 PM, skybolt said:

One of my five 5/12 received slow modern submissions just went to G/E/I. I hate to say this, but these days I'm dreading getting books back due to A.) CGC's tough grading on about 1/3 of my submissions, and B.) the slow selling market, which creates a lot more inventory.

Three more of the 5/12 submissions just went into G/E/I.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:27 PM, skybolt said:

Three more of the 5/12 submissions just went into G/E/I.

Yup, it happened again. Books went from G/E/I to Shipped in a matter of minutes (without QC being noted), and the grades are horrible again.

1 - 9.8, 10 - 9.6's, 9 - 9.4's, 1 - 9.2, 3 - 9.0's and 1 - 7.5.

All of these books were pressed by a 3rd party, but the 5 grader notes I received included bend and crease notations. I'll need to check the pressing when the books are in hand.

Very frustrating, since most of these books were sent with the hope of getting a 9.8 grade.:tonofbricks:

On 7/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, skybolt said:

Yup, it happened again. Books went from G/E/I to Shipped in a matter of minutes (without QC being noted), and the grades are horrible again.

All of these books were pressed by a 3rd party, but the 5 grader notes I received included bend and crease notations. I'll need to check the pressing when the books are in hand.

Very frustrating, since most of these books were sent with the hope of getting a 9.8 grade.:tonofbricks:

Have you seen this thread? Not just about fingerbends.

Edited by ak47po

New grades just popped! Actually got a 9.8 this time :whee:

8n9gpmQ.png

Also that's not two names. That's the artist's initials and a doodle in marker - I was hanging out at his booth having a conversation and he just signed and doodled on the comics while talking, no additional charges or anything. lol

On 7/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, ak47po said:

Have you seen this thread? Not just about fingerbends.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I guess moving forward we just have to assume that 1 out of every 4 modern submissions will just go to waste. This grading inconsistency is being talked about at local comic shops and Youtube. 

What's funny is that whomever these graders are, they always thrown in 1 - 9.8 graded book to show that they know this grade exists.. It's typically the most modern book in the submission. 

On 7/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, ak47po said:

Economy increased 4 more days.

Screenshot (69).png

meh, I'm 246 business days for slow econ and still SFG so these numbers are still not accurate...

On 7/8/2022 at 2:05 PM, skybolt said:

Ran into another buzz-saw. This submission went to G/E/I at the same time as the one above, so I'm assuming it was the same grader.

2 - 9.8's, 16 - 9.6's, 4 - 9.4', 1 - 9.2 & 1 - 9.0. :(

On 7/8/2022 at 11:47 AM, Stefan_W said:

Regular track group of 25 moderns

Arrived and SFG on 13 May 2022

G/E/I 8 July 2022

Q/C and shipped today, July 11th 2022. 

This one graded out almost exactly how I expected. A couple of results that were above where I was thinking and 3 or possibly 4 that were below. Since everything else was graded very fairly I assume I just missed something with the ones that graded lower than I hoped. 

1x Express
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29; Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 7/7; Grading/Quality Control 7/8; Shipped 7/11 :news:

Grading-wise, was close with my estimate of 5.5; 2nd copy of WWBN 32 coming back 6.0