• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2022 at 10:55 PM, skybolt said:

I'm getting 4 submissions back this week. I'll do a full analysis once the books are in hand with respect to how my original grading was, the press job performed and CGC grading. The 4th submission was graded today and came back with 7 - 9.8's, 6 - 9.6's, 6 - 9.4's, 2 - 9.2's, 1 -9.0 & 1 - 8.5. These were mostly 80's books, so the grades are probably not totally off. At least 2 of the 3 Uncanny X-Men #195 Newsstand Editions got a 9.8 grade. 

Just got this submission back. After careful inspection, the grading was spot on. 

Is anyone else waiting on their book to come back from the George Perez signing? I know he couldn't sign them, so I moved it to have Marv Wolfman sign the book, but it is still in scheduled for grading and has been there since the 1st of March?

On 7/18/2022 at 3:04 PM, DINGER033 said:

Is anyone else waiting on their book to come back from the George Perez signing? I know he couldn't sign them, so I moved it to have Marv Wolfman sign the book, but it is still in scheduled for grading and has been there since the 1st of March?

I tagged you but just in case...

Screenshot_20220718-150939_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 7/17/2022 at 9:24 PM, Stefan_W said:

Is anyone else in Canada having more issues than usual with FedEx lately? A few months ago a package from CGC would arrive within about 4 or maybe 5 days using the ground option. The past few shipments have taken a week, and I have had books damaged en route as a result. Now the latest package sent Monday which was scheduled for Fri is still sitting with almost no chance of making it over the boarder and clearing customs for tomorrow. It has been sitting literally in the exact same spot for 3 days now. I hope it gets here soon and without a lot of damage. 

capture.jpg

Sitting in the same spot for 4 days now. I am getting a bit annoyed/worried.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:37 AM, awakeintheashes said:

9CD3DE9F-B79E-4AED-9BCB-4AAF5B46CD2D.thumb.jpeg.31b06dc117473b2e97deed5d866ab62f.jpeg

21/25 - I’ll take it. 

So it does seem possible that using PRESCREEN will speed up the grading process, huh?  My MODERN sub received 5/16 has been hanging out in SFG for 2 months now, but looks like a prescreen from a few weeks later has jumped the queue.  I've been planning on using prescreen anyway for newer books to avoid getting a bunch of worthless under-graded slabs back, and if that ends up speeding up the TAT all the better.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:11 PM, Petroman said:

So it does seem possible that using PRESCREEN will speed up the grading process, huh?  My MODERN sub received 5/16 has been hanging out in SFG for 2 months now, but looks like a prescreen from a few weeks later has jumped the queue.  I've been planning on using prescreen anyway for newer books to avoid getting a bunch of worthless under-graded slabs back, and if that ends up speeding up the TAT all the better.

That does look to be the case, but I wasn’t counting on it. In fact, I had prepped a submission to be sent off a little over a week ago before I went out of town for a few weeks so that I could have a shipment back a month…not expecting this to come back until August at the earliest.

I forgot to send off that shipment, and because I got this one back quickly, my next submission will likely take twice as long as long.

But yes, I would recommend Prescreening if at all possible. I had a smaller non-pre screen submission a couple months ago and couldn’t make sense of some of the grades. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 7/19/2022 at 12:11 PM, Petroman said:

I sent 25 modern prescreen and 25 modern slow boat and both were received on 6/7/22. The slow boat just changed to GEI today and the prescreen is still sitting at SFG.

Honestly, I was surprised that the slow boat submission status changed before the prescreen given previous posts.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, jjfversion1 said:

I sent 25 modern prescreen and 25 modern slow boat and both were received on 6/7/22. The slow boat just changed to GEI today and the prescreen is still sitting at SFG.

Honestly, I was surprised that the slow boat submission status changed before the prescreen given previous posts.

CGC certainly keeps us guessing as to how their internal processing works!  My slow boat modern from 5/16 still sits in SFG while others received in June have already been processed.  Maybe it has to do with the types of books submitted?  Mine was mostly early 80's to early 90's stuff.  Maybe those books go to different graders than more recent books?  Who knows and there's not much you can do about it anyway.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:05 PM, Gary Strange said:

I have an economy fast track that's been scheduled for grading for 32 days now.

I was wondering....

Mine was delivered and received June 14th. This week would be 26 days, as the tat suggests, sounds like I've got a while since it's still sfg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/19/2022 at 4:09 PM, Petroman said:

CGC certainly keeps us guessing as to how their internal processing works!  My slow boat modern from 5/16 still sits in SFG while others received in June have already been processed.  Maybe it has to do with the types of books submitted?  Mine was mostly early 80's to early 90's stuff.  Maybe those books go to different graders than more recent books?  Who knows and there's not much you can do about it anyway.

As others have mentioned previously, I think it has to do with which grader’s table your invoice lands on. Some are apparently grading quicker than others. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing that my 6/7 slow boats are moving so quick… 

On 7/19/2022 at 3:00 PM, Gary Strange said:

Who knows?  It was 20 days TAT when my books were first SFG.

wonderful. Great to know that TATs are to be taken with a grain of salt even for FT Economy. Guess I'm looking at September/October for my submission received on 6/29.

On 7/15/2022 at 7:17 PM, djzombi said:

WOO HOO
Modern Slow Track sub from 5/24 went to GEI today!!  

5/24/22
MODERN
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Only in GEI for 2 days - shipped today!  That's a TAT *far less* than what is posted.  Now if I could get some movement on my Economy books from September...