• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,047 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2022 at 4:05 PM, Gary Strange said:

I have an economy fast track that's been scheduled for grading for 32 days now.

Same here. I also have one magazine order that has been sitting almost two weeks now in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging.   I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt thinking the 4th of July holiday and SDCC has slowed them up some.

Very happy with results of grading.  The CCS must have been performed well for the 9.4  Kudos and patience pays off!  Walk thru submitted end of May with pressing and grading.  Only 5 currently in 9.4 with 8 in higher grades.  Not a bad pick up on ebay for a really solid full service!  Thanks! Very happy with this one. 

Submission #4072300

Current Turnaround Times >
Order #: CGC2151375993
Received: 7/11/22
Shipped: 7/21/22

CGC Cert #4072300001
Title Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Issue 1
Issue Date 2007
Issue Year 2007
Publisher Mirage Studios
Grade 9.4
Page Quality WHITE
Grade Date 07/18/2022

On 7/20/2022 at 12:34 PM, BDubs said:

Very happy with results of grading.  The CCS must have been performed well for the 9.4  Kudos and patience pays off!  Walk thru submitted end of May with pressing and grading.  Only 5 currently in 9.4 with 8 in higher grades.  Not a bad pick up on ebay for a really solid full service!  Thanks! Very happy with this one. 

Submission #4072300

Current Turnaround Times >
Order #: CGC2151375993
Received: 7/11/22
Shipped: 7/21/22

CGC Cert #4072300001
Title Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Issue 1
Issue Date 2007
Issue Year 2007
Publisher Mirage Studios
Grade 9.4
Page Quality WHITE
Grade Date 07/18/2022

^^:whee::yeehaw::headbang:

On 7/20/2022 at 10:30 AM, toro said:

Same here. I also have one magazine order that has been sitting almost two weeks now in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging.   I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt thinking the 4th of July holiday and SDCC has slowed them up some.

They need to change their turnaround times on the website then. Still days 26 days. 

2x Standard
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29; Grading/Ecapsulation/Imaging 7/19; Grading/Quality Control 7/21 :news:

This will be my second copy of Silver Surfer 4 and Fantastic Four Annual 2 coming home soon.

On 7/16/2022 at 9:48 AM, Frederic9494 said:

image.thumb.png.1bfacd71045af2a5b77d59ae1c6dbd18.png

Patience... :wishluck:

When a comic goes to CCS first, does status change directly from "Received at CCS" to "Received at CGC" at some point (with no other status for CCS?)

On 7/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, Frederic9494 said:

When a comic goes to CCS first, does status change directly from "Received at CCS" to "Received at CGC" at some point (with no other status for CCS?)

Correct afaik

On 7/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, Frederic9494 said:

CCS in process is the status before being received at CGC

On 7/21/2022 at 6:00 PM, Aarrow108 said:

4x Fast Track Economy
Delivered 6/27; Received 6/29; Scheduled for Grading 6/29; Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 7/21:news:

How is my received 6/14 still sfg doh!

On 7/21/2022 at 4:24 PM, Amandasue1213 said:

My 6/17 is still in recieved 😭

On 7/21/2022 at 4:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

How is my received 6/14 still sfg doh!

Not sure if it was the true cause, but my 6/29 FT Economy books were shipped with an Express and Standard submission. Who knows anymore...

Okay, so I am a noob with getting my own books graded but I think this thread has answered the question I had: just because my books are now "scheduled for grading" does not mean I should expect to see them anytime soon.

These were two different modern submissions, no fast tracks. One was received 6/10 and the other 7/12; interestingly they both were made "scheduled for grading" yesterday (when my card was charged.)

On 7/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, justinsl said:

Okay, so I am a noob with getting my own books graded but I think this thread has answered the question I had: just because my books are now "scheduled for grading" does not mean I should expect to see them anytime soon.

These were two different modern submissions, no fast tracks. One was received 6/10 and the other 7/12; interestingly they both were made "scheduled for grading" yesterday (when my card was charged.)

I'd say the reality is that there is no way to predict when you will get your books back.  It's quite possible that the 6/10 book could move to the Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging step in the very near future, and its probably equally as possible that it could take another month or two.  I personally have a MODERN submission that was received and went to SFG on 5/16 and hasn't moved since.  But I've seen others showing MODERN submissions from June that have already been shipped back.  The inner workings of CGC are very opaque, but many have surmised that books in the SFG status have been assigned to a specific grader and are thus in that grader's "queue".  Some graders are faster than others, so the time in the queue varies.  Anyway, good luck with your subs and hope you get them back in a timely manner and with the expected grades!

On 7/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, justinsl said:

It usually takes a couple of months, maybe 3 at most, so the wait will not be too long. Moderns tiers typically motor through compared to older books. 

Best of luck with your submissions :) Here's hope for a bunch of 9.8s :cheers:

On 7/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, Brad Ross Cohen said:

Hopefully this is good info for people waiting on CCS books....

Value and Economy Books sent in for CCS and Grading in April 2021.

Delivered - April 27th 2021
Received at CCS - July 19th 2021
Back to CGC - July 1, 2022
Shipped - July 19, 2022

So it looks like they are not putting the books from CCS into the regular line as I was told. They seem to skip ahead.

So @Brad Ross Cohen, did they ship your economy submission and your value submission together in one shipment?  Thanks,