• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,079 posts in this topic

A group of 25 slow track moderns

SFG - 20 June 2022

G/E/I 27 July 2022

Q/C July 28 2022

All finalized, marked as shipped for Mon Aug 1.

I was stressed about this group since the quality of books was higher than I normally send. I ended up doing all right. My estimate was 12-15 books would hit 9.8 and it turned out that 13 did. Most of the ones that missed I knew were not 9.8. There was only one head scratcher in the bunch (and 8.0 that I figured would be a 9.2 or maybe a 9.4), and the other misses were within one step of where I figured. I am pretty happy with this overall, and I may not have any crack and resubs this time around depending on what I see. The grading seemed really reasonable which leads me to believe that the misses were just things I did not notice when I sent them in. 

On 7/29/2022 at 2:18 PM, toro said:
On 7/27/2022 at 3:02 PM, Gary Strange said:

My Economy FT is going on 38 days so that number means nothing.

I agree, I am seeing people with Economy Fast track getting their books graded and mine from early June are just in Scheduled for Grading, this is frustrating to say the least.

l agree, mine are still at qc, but at least that is SOMETHING, so idk, it's a headscratcher :shy: 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:16 AM, BDubs said:

CGC5511545964
5/27/22
MODERN
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

It was completed and marked shipped earlier in the week.  its now gone back to GEI.  I could see the grades, have the tracking, just a heads up!

Package received, however still marked GEI in system as info.  

On 7/29/2022 at 8:18 PM, toro said:

I agree, I am seeing people with Economy Fast track getting their books graded and mine from early June are just in Scheduled for Grading, this is frustrating to say the least.

Frustrating? Bollocks is the word I would use. Ring them up and ask for your money back. 

Edited by batmiesta

Last year I decided to try 5 books without using the fast track.I mailed them in July 2021 they opened them on September 13th 2021 and they’ve been sitting in scheduled for grading since. :nyah: I emailed CGC back in April to get a rough time line with a “please continue to wait” response. Never doing this again. Is nearly a year wait now normal for this???

On 7/29/2022 at 4:32 PM, N e r V said:

Last year I decided to try 5 books without using the fast track.I mailed them in July 2021 they opened them on September 13th 2021 and they’ve been sitting in scheduled for grading since. :nyah: I emailed CGC back in April to get a rough time line with a “please continue to wait” response. Never doing this again. Is nearly a year wait now normal for this???

It's been normal for a year hahahahah, but before that no lol

And I assume you mean economy slow? It was at 3 months at July last year (thumbsu

On 7/29/2022 at 2:32 PM, N e r V said:

We have an economy slow track tat thread. Im in the same boat as well. Mailed end of July 2021. Rec'd/SFG 9/12. The good news is we should be about 10 days until GEI

On 7/28/2022 at 10:41 AM, Aarrow108 said:

image.thumb.png.c9a6d06ddb96966323dc082ac74acecc.png

Modern FT Received on 7/11/22 shipped out 7/28

Economy FT Received on 6/29/22 shipped out on 7/28

Yeah my economy F/T was received 6/6. And it’s been in QC for three days now. How is it you can send in a month later and get them shipped already? I mean mine are just two effing books. 

Edited by Gary Strange

22 Modern Tier

Delivered: 02/01

SFG:       03/02

G/E/I:     05/27

CALLED:    07/08

CALLED:    07/19

MESSAGED:  07/20 - Ignored

CALLED:    07/27 - Help Ticket Opened

G/Q:      

Shipped:

Working Days: 123

Books have been "stuck" in Quality Control for 2 months now.

Edited by Willbert

On 7/29/2022 at 4:51 PM, Gary Strange said:

Yeah my economy F/T was received 6/6. And it’s been in QC for three days now. How is it you can send in a month later and get them shipped already? I mean mine are just two effing books. 

On 7/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, Willbert said:

Books have been "stuck" in Quality Control for 2 months now.

Mine is only one book, and the lady told me it wouldnt update over the weekend cause they're closed, and probably not Monday either. She went on to say current estimated tat is 26 days, which I dont think is true anymore, also there was already a ticket for mine being over the time.

The more I know or hear, and or find out, the more I just want to stop ahem doing that  :roflmai:

Frenzy stance Conan the Barbarian comes to mind, hulk out! Lol

On 7/29/2022 at 4:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mine is only one book, and the lady told me it wouldnt update over the weekend cause they're closed, and probably not Monday either. She went on to say current estimated tat is 26 days, which I dont think is true anymore, also there was already a ticket for mine being over the time.

The more I know or hear, and or find out, the more I just want to stop ahem doing that  :roflmai:

Frenzy stance Conan the Barbarian comes to mind, hulk out! Lol

Their estimate is half a month off  minus the snafu going on here  

Ridiculous. Time to give the others guys a chance. Or maybe no more slabs for a while. 

On 7/29/2022 at 2:51 PM, Gary Strange said:

Insider secret: there was a $20 bill slipped in between each book (who are we kidding, $20 doesn't get you anything nowadays).

In all honesty, we can try rationalizing this all we want, but we'll never know without some honest transparency from the company. I've given up on that.

It's been like this since the later half of 2020, yet we continue to expect different results (i.e. that they follow first in, first out; that they stay relatively close to TAT estimates), and yet we continue to give them money despite the disappointments. Insert Einstein's definition of insanity here..

June Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Received by CGC             6/15
Scheduled for Grading      6/17 (2 business days later / 2 days total)
Credit Card Charged         6/17 (0 business days later / 2 days total)
Grading / Encapsulation   7/25 (25 business days later / 27 days total)
Grading / Quality Control  7/27 (2 business days later / 29 days total)
Shipped                             7/29 (2 business days later / 31 days total)

Edited by Troy Division