• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,135 posts in this topic

My EFT received on 6/30 has just gone to GEI yet my EFT received on 6/23 is still just scheduled for grading.  Both have 10 books.  What determines what books get done? 

I don't think they adhere to the accounting principle of FIFO :insane:

On 8/5/2022 at 11:38 AM, Ed Hanes said:

A month is a very long time to be in GEI, even for pre screen..my prescreen GEI usually last a few days.  I did have an Express stuck in GEI for two weeks, sent them an email (no response) but order went to QC the next morning

Well, I sent a message on Friday and the package has been received by FedEx.  Weird that all the grades show 9.0... I've never seen anything like it:

image.thumb.png.e37028975b74e8c78e75b975f9699435.png

None of them are in the census, either:

image.thumb.png.f2ce874848eafa682befe2d05ddd249a.png

Makes me really wonder about their process.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, wiparker824 said:

Ive got a modern batch of 25 sitting in GEI since 7/14…. So almost a month in that status currently (shrug)

Might want to send them a message.  It will almost certainly get it moving.  Perhaps there's a problem employee that we can help root out.

If you get all same grades, maybe you can give them a phone call before they ship out.

On 8/8/2022 at 2:30 PM, Richard Wysong said:

Might want to send them a message.  It will almost certainly get it moving.  Perhaps there's a problem employee that we can help root out.

If you get all same grades, maybe you can give them a phone call before they ship out.

Based on your second post I’m quite scared to email them lol… I’d rather not get 25 straight 9.0’s with no grader notes. That is very bizarre.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:04 PM, wiparker824 said:

Based on your second post I’m quite scared to email them lol… I’d rather not get 25 straight 9.0’s with no grader notes. That is very bizarre.

Oh I don't blame you one bit.  I'm pretty freaked out by this.  Part of me wonders if I should've not sent that initial message, but then again... maybe this was just bound to happen, so better to tackle it sooner.

I hope I find someone at CGC with some understanding.  I already got an alarming response via email; the rep doesn't recognize why there's a problem. 😬

237 business days so far for a ReHolder*. WHOOOOO LET'S GOOOOOOO FOR THE RECORD ;)

* jk, it's not even in the system yet for a reholder after all this time, cause CGC lost the book and have been trying to find it since last month.

edit: added spoiler image below if you are curious what book they lost and are scrambling to locate.

Spoiler

1195287360_ScreenShot2022-08-08at11_06_18PM.thumb.png.a72fe13645b23c107d67a2788504ee50.png

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 8/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Ed Hanes said:

anyone else having their 'shipped' submissions still being sent out thru USPS even though you requested Fed Ex? 

Yes..and Fedex is overnite ..USPS takes 3days and i live in Sarasota 

On 8/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, Ed Hanes said:

anyone else having their 'shipped' submissions still being sent out thru USPS even though you requested Fed Ex? 

Yes. It just happened to me last week. I'm not sure why they changed it.

I have an old economy sub for UPS with a UPS hub as the address. I'm hoping they don't try to change that as UPS will reject another carrier.

On 8/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, Stefan_W said:

3 ME books hit SFG on Aug 3rd

Moved into G/E/I and then Q/C today, Aug 9th

Based on experience they may sit at this stage for a few days, but man that it still fast.

Mechanical Error should be like one day. There's no excuse for those to sit untouched for days and days.