• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,039 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2022 at 12:21 PM, Amandasue1213 said:

Update on my 6/17 signature series modern moved from GEI to Quality control today 

And now it's shipped! Grades turned out pretty good 8 out of 10 were 9.8. one 9.4 and the one that shocked me a bit was an 8.0 I knew it would probably have benefited from a press but I kinda thought it would grade a 9.2 

Two out of four... Received 6/30/22

25 MODERN
8/02/22  Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging
25 MODERN
8/02/22 Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Other two soon to follow.. hopefully

quick question. do any of you submit to get a sig series without CCS pressing (and get it 3rd party pressed)?

what are the results?

or do you play it safe and get it CCS pressed?

On 8/3/2022 at 3:26 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Probably your 6/30 will ship before my 6/27. Maybe they ran out of medium boxes.

It's starting to feel like tier pricing matters on shipping too, which I didn't think used to for some odd reason, but then the bottom of the pile is not found again for a few days 😂

:tonofbricks: it'll happen though and hopefully soon 🥰

On 8/1/2022 at 3:48 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

I wouldn't say "issues" per se. I had a couple books in on Feb for Marv Wolfman and they apparently waited till SDCC to get them signed (GEI now). Now the long wait for SS to finish along with who knows how many other SS books in queue that were signed recently or at SDCC. Jim Lee is a signing event that seems to always be completed up to 5 months after the cutoff date.

I wouldn't worry in your shoes. Either a) the signing took place and they're clearing queue of earlier books or b) hasn't taken place yet but will either at another con or InHouse.

Just know, they will be at C2E2 which means the old rule of "Fri before a con doesnt count towards TAT" is in effect again. Also there will be skeleton crew at home while staff is at con setting up/working. i expect to see that crapshoot of longer than usual TATs for some orders and fast TAT on others as depends on who is working where.

Thanks!

With the other signings I had sent in for this year they didn't hit SFG or received at CCS until after the signing. I've switched from the "other place" because of TATs and still, admittedly, new to using CGC, only about 8 months.

On 8/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, BDubs said:

Fourth week, maybe fifth week my Eastman crew SS has been sitting in GEI.  But its great to see all the youtube guys have had their books to dump on the markets since June... :facepalm:

CGC3212116929
2/25/22
In house Signing Magazine
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

I also have books that seem to be stuck in GEI.  Economy ST that were finished in CCS, received in CGC, moved to GEI on 7/14, and they're still GEI.  

Submissions all delivered to CGC Jul 26, 2021.  All Slow Track.
    Economy 22 books    
        Received at CCS Jul 27, 2021
        Charged for CCS May 9, 2022
        SFG Jul 12, 2022
        GEI Jul 14, 2022

Modern     25 books    
        Received at CCS Jul 27, 2021
        Charged for CCS May 9, 2022
        SFG Jul 12, 2022
        GEI Jul 25, 2022
        G/QC Jul 27, 2022
        Shipped Jul 28, 2022