• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

Anyone know why the TATs climbed all of sudden to double or more recently? Signing? Convention influx? Express went from 5 to 27 days and mags have now bounced from 173 days to 226. What causes for this to fluctuate so wildly from one week to another?

On 9/12/2022 at 9:52 PM, comicwine said:

Anyone know why the TATs climbed all of sudden to double or more recently? Signing? Convention influx? Express went from 5 to 27 days and mags have now bounced from 173 days to 226. What causes for this to fluctuate so wildly from one week to another?

I was wondering the same thing. I was looking at the chart today for TATs and they went from 2-3x in the wrong direction. The Peach signing is a few weeks away and I think that the McFarlane signing isn't for a few months away.

@CGC Mike do you know what has caused the TATs to increase this much in 1 weeks time?

• Administrator
On 9/12/2022 at 11:18 PM, captainzombie said:

@CGC Mike do you know what has caused the TATs to increase this much in 1 weeks time?

Turnaround times are based on the amount of submissions we receive, and vary based on that.  

On 9/13/2022 at 12:44 PM, Ed Hanes said:

A little confusing to have all these prescreens graded except the middle one...maybe that grader is on vacation???

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 10.42.59 AM.png

I know someone mentioned, "something to the order of" what you're asking, but it is unrealistic. Comics aren't graded by only 1 person, it takes a 2 to 3 to come to a consensus on each book. Being "on vacation" doesn't mean books "don't get graded". If you're curious then call, but I'd give it more time as the ones around it are still just now moving to GEI :cheers: 

On 9/13/2022 at 10:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know someone mentioned, "something to the order of" what you're asking, but it is unrealistic. Comics aren't graded by only 1 person, it takes a 2 to 3 to come to a consensus on each book. Being "on vacation" doesn't mean books "don't get graded". If you're curious then call, but I'd give it more time as the ones around it are still just now moving to GEI :cheers: 

yeah, I know about the multi grader system ..just being facetious..TBH, I was really surprised about the 9/2 quick turnaround..it has spoiled me

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 9/13/2022 at 7:56 AM, CGC Mike said:

Turnaround times are based on the amount of submissions we receive, and vary based on that.  

so if someone sends in a book when it was a 10 day turn around then by time you get it it had become a 27 day turn around they are stuck with the 27 day turnaround?

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

8/10: SFG

8/11: GEI

8/23: G/QC 

8/24: Shipped

8/30: Delivered :banana:

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/24: Received at CCS

9/1: SFG

9/13: GEI

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

8/15: GEI

8/16: G/QC

8/17: Shipped

8/23: Delivered:banana:

• Administrator
On 9/13/2022 at 4:02 PM, Ares said:
On 9/13/2022 at 7:56 AM, CGC Mike said:

so if someone sends in a book when it was a 10 day turn around then by time you get it it had become a 27 day turn around they are stuck with the 27 day turnaround?

Unfortunately, TAT's are not guaranteed, and this can and does happen.  

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/24: Received at CCS

8/10: SFG

8/11: GEI

8/23: G/QC 

8/24: Shipped

8/30: Delivered :banana:

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/24: Received at CCS

9/1: SFG