• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2022 at 10:00 AM, batman_fan said:

Another of the painful parts of the process, having you items sitting in receiving for a big block of time.  It does give CGC flexibility in when the start the clock so they can say they are meeting or beating TATs.  Just have your stuff sit in receiving for weeks to months.

CGC has stated the ToT time starts from when it's delivered. Not marked as received. Their flexibility is, they can always say the stated ToTs are just estimates. 

On 10/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, jason4 said:

Still nothing. Should I call?

Ok nevermind. Cgc said it's the way it's going with the New York comic con boxes still being opened. They definitely got a huge amount of submissions there. 

On 10/25/2022 at 1:20 PM, jason4 said:
On 10/24/2022 at 12:29 PM, jason4 said:

Still nothing. Should I call?

Ok nevermind. Cgc said it's the way it's going with the New York comic con boxes still being opened. They definitely got a huge amount of submissions there. 

On 10/25/2022 at 1:21 PM, batman_fan said:

My Standard arrived 10/19/22 but still doesn’t show up

My McFarlane book was received by CGC on Oct 10th with TM written all over the sides, it too is to be opened right away I assume, it shows under delivery tracking but is not on the submissions page :cheers: they told me it could still be weeks, as the deadline is Nov 11th and could be "up to" a little after that :) 

On 10/25/2022 at 2:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

My McFarlane book was received by CGC on Oct 10th with TM written all over the sides, it too is to be opened right away I assume, it shows under delivery tracking but is not on the submissions page :cheers: they told me it could still be weeks, as the deadline is Nov 11th and could be "up to" a little after that :) 

Sending mine out tomorrow! so hyped!

On 10/20/2022 at 10:23 AM, Rip said:

They seem to be very backed up on Walkthrough:

The package was:
Sent: 10/3
Delivered: 10/5/22 (thumbsu
Marked as Received: 10/13/22  ???
Currently still at Grading and Quality Control 10/20/22  :tonofbricks:

So for those sending "walkthrough" expect between a 3-4 week turn around from the date you send off your package.

Seriously though CGC needs to update the turn-around times for Walkthrough from 3 days to 3 weeks, or something closer to reality.
Still stuck at Grading and Quality Control.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:33 PM, ak47po said:

Will Todd start signing before 11/10/22 or after the cut off date?

2062686342_Screenshot(145).thumb.png.407e81c2e76326f7b9bd79faddbb5eb2.png

After the cut off, I believe it says sfg because you didn't pay for press, and if you did it needs a call. It goes to received at ccs if a press, imo or what I remember only goes to sfg as it was received by cgc.

Sfg is cgc's natural "received status"  :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@ak47po when was your McFarlane delivered to cgc? Mine was delivered Oct 10th and isn't on the submission page yet, I'm wondering what's up?

My submission was logged in on 10/8/22., and yeah no pressing. Are getting your submission pressed? If not i would call, time is getting short.

Edited by ak47po

On 10/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, ak47po said:

My submission was logged in on 10/8/22., and yeah no pressing. Are getting your submission pressed? If not i would call time is getting short.

They will be pressed as well after the signing, so yes I am. CGC does the signing first then everything else. They told me it could take up to Nov 11th or a little after to check in everything. As well it may take McFarlane more than one trip to cgc to accomplish it all. Perhaps signing the rest, once started, after the new year.

So hang in there, it's going to be a minute 😂

so I am back in...10 moderns dropped off yesterday by sir joseph of post and scheduled for grading, 10/24. I have a triumph & torment tpb in there I am really hoping for nice things with! X-Men 95 as well.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:17 PM, Rip said:

Seriously though CGC needs to update the turn-around times for Walkthrough from 3 days to 3 weeks, or something closer to reality.
Still stuck at Grading and Quality Control.

My Walkthru entered Grading/QC today (received at CGC on 10/20). Will let you know if it goes to shipping anytime soon.