• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2022 at 1:57 PM, Miguelb said:

Well, this morning the claims department offered me a whopping 75 bucks in CGC credit for Incredible Hulk 370 (couldn't even bother to get the correct book which was the McFarlane 340), which is just downright insulting.  What an absolute joke CGC is.

Did you work with @CGC Mike at all on this issue?

On 11/15/2022 at 10:56 AM, captainzombie said:

I have a mixture of Modern and 1 Standard books submission that was received last week. Usually my books are opened and in the system within a day or two max of receipt, but Mike was saying they are very behind on opening boxes. Kind of crazy though if we pay for WK, EX, or ST and having our books still just sitting there.

My Standard too a full week to open.  It is a ready relief valve for stretching out grading times.

On 11/15/2022 at 3:01 PM, Miguelb said:

I didnt.  I went through their direct customer service reps over the phone, which I will add Ive been doing since at least August.

Borrowing from the other thread, what declared value did you put on the submission form for the book?

On 11/15/2022 at 3:13 PM, mattn792 said:

Borrowing from the other thread, what declared value did you put on the submission form for the book?

I declared 300, and in fairness she just amended the offer because she incorrectly did the search for FMV for Hulk 370.  The whole thing blows though, as I'd rather have the book than the money.

Edited by Miguelb

On 11/15/2022 at 10:47 AM, workingdog said:

I have a MFT submission (#4150903) which has been sitting in G/E/I since the middle of last week.  I just spoke to customer service this morning to find out what the snag is.  To my surprise, customer service told me it was actually in G/QC and will probably ship anytime now.  I asked why the status change wasn't reflected in my Submission Tracking. Got kind of a non-answer but was told if it hasn't shipped by this Thursday, to call back.  :facepalm:

11-15-22 Screen Shot.jpg

Mine went from GEI straight to Shipped (:

On 11/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

To be fair, some signed at NYCC is not the same as saying, "the in-house signing has 'started" so  I'll give it the 3 weeks later that they tell me, that "then CGC will be worried" and see if it works out hm 

image.png.6c8286d8938ba8844524cf4ef7f9a6ba.png

Funny because I saw a book that looked like mine in one of his Instagram NYCC signing videos, and was like "nah, mine is for in-house signing. That can't be it" :roflmao:

Edited by cyclonus11

On 11/16/2022 at 9:48 AM, cyclonus11 said:

image.png.6c8286d8938ba8844524cf4ef7f9a6ba.png

Funny because I saw a book that looked like mine in one of his Instagram NYCC signing videos, and was like "nah, mine is for in-house signing. That can't be it" :roflmao:

:jawdrop:                              Lucky Duck GIFs | Tenor

On 11/13/2022 at 1:31 PM, zzutak said:

The latest word from on high.  There's really no good reason to begin the TAT count at the day an order is entered into CGC's system rather than on the day the parcel is delivered to CGC's warehouse.  Receiving (Grading Process Step 1/7) and Shipping (Grading Process Step 7/7) are bookends to the entire process (the total time a submission is in the custody of CGC).  Symmetry demands that both steps be included in the TAT count:preach:

TAT-Def-2.thumb.png.79c5a971b132b2ca6657516e7cc27e20.png

Only the weak resort to illogical and indefensible definitions to make themselves look better.  My advice to CGC?  You're supposed to be the King of the Jungle, so mannup and stop playing silly word games!  :makepoint:

I remember when they were bragging that they were on time with opening packages. 

That didn't last long

On 11/16/2022 at 4:36 PM, Ares said:

I remember when they were bragging that they were on time with opening packages. 

That didn't last long

That was one of the things that I couldn't believe. Bragging and celebrating that you are now opening your mail timely. 

I've got a new one for you all.

I'm wondering why my Standard submission is logged and now Scheduled for Grading, yet my Walkthrough submission is not yet logged.

Both were in the same package which had WK and ST labels on it and arrived earlier this week

Called CGC Customer and they were less than helpful; said I had to wait until next week until they chased up as both process queues are apparently different.

Anyone else ever had this happen? Feels weird that Walkthrough is slower than Standard (and a little worried it still isn't logged in the system), isn't the point that Walkthrough should be quicker and opened first?

Edited by Every Day A Story