• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2022 at 4:58 PM, ak47po said:

1183276780_Screenshot(203).thumb.png.c3717e42dc5b05918932a0b6b14d7e54.png

You're the first to post a tat, but also the most lucky or unlucky, we'll see how it turns out! Still prayers 🙏 man that's got to be a tough decision. Was it more than one submission for McFarlane?

And or I assume the GEI is no press, or the one at QC is as well? Hard to keep track, but lightning pace

On 12/8/2022 at 6:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You're the first to post a tat, but also the most lucky or unlucky, we'll see how it turns out! Still prayers 🙏 man that's got to be a tough decision. Was it more than one submission for McFarlane?

And or I assume the GEI is no press, or the one at QC is as well? Hard to keep track, but lightning pace

Thanks for the encouragement. All the signing's you see on my dashboard are for Todd. The last one i sent by itself got smeared, it was the ASM 300 Mexico foil from NYCC. CGC should know better to left foil covers dry for longer.(shrug) These are all no press.

Edited by ak47po

Finally… Modern, CCS marked as received 8/17/21 now marked as shipped today.

16 months total (18 if you count the 2 months it took them to open the box).

Spent 5 months in “G/E/I” and after speaking with them several times just had the same runaround on how they were pressing or repressing books. 

By far the longest I’ve waited for a submission. Will not be submitting going forward. And yes I’m aware they could care less if I do. 

On 12/9/2022 at 2:58 PM, wiparker824 said:

Finally… Modern, CCS marked as received 8/17/21 now marked as shipped today.

16 months total (18 if you count the 2 months it took them to open the box).

Spent 5 months in “G/E/I” and after speaking with them several times just had the same runaround on how they were pressing or repressing books. 

By far the longest I’ve waited for a submission. Will not be submitting going forward. And yes I’m aware they could care less if I do. 

16 months? :whatthe:

Are you at least happy with the grade?

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 12/9/2022 at 1:13 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

16 months? :whatthe:

Are you at least happy with the grade?

Eh I guess, was 25 books, most of the books that were in the 9.2 or below range were expected. But the books in the 9.4/9.6/9.8 seem to be given at random, books that I felt were at best 9.4 got 9.6 or 9.8 and books that got 9.6/9.8 were given 9.4. But that seems to be the trend I’ve seen with all my books that came back in late 2022. Going back to 2021 or before I’d be able to predict that upper range with much more accuracy, but seems a crapshoot now.

Probably more frustrating than any specific grade is the number of books that came back with notes of “light bends”… to books they claimed were not only pressed, but sent back for additional pressing. Wonderful that books pressed multiple times over a 16 month period still have light bends.

Edited by wiparker824

On 12/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, wiparker824 said:

Eh I guess, was 25 books, most of the books that were in the 9.2 or below range were expected. But the books in the 9.4/9.6/9.8 seem to be given at random, books that I felt were at best 9.4 got 9.6 or 9.8 and books that got 9.6/9.8 were given 9.4. But that seems to be the trend I’ve seen with all my books that came back in late 2022. Going back to 2021 or before I’d be able to predict that upper range with much more accuracy, but seems a crapshoot now.

Probably more frustrating than any specific grade is the number of books that came back with notes of “light bends”… to books they claimed were not only pressed, but sent back for additional pressing. Wonderful that books pressed multiple times over a 16 month period still have light bends.

Ugh

Sorry.  That sucks.  

Finger bends seem to be what CGC is serving these days.  

On 12/9/2022 at 7:59 PM, wiparker824 said:

But the books in the 9.4/9.6/9.8 seem to be given at random, books that I felt were at best 9.4 got 9.6 or 9.8 and books that got 9.6/9.8 were given 9.4. But that seems to be the trend I’ve seen with all my books that came back in late 2022.

That’s not good for anybody.  Well, except those buying those sweet 9.4s if you’re selling.:tonofbricks:

On 12/2/2022 at 5:10 PM, ExNihilo said:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern S/S FastTrack
TAT as of Receipt Date: 10 days
Number of books: 1
Shipped to Sarasota: 11/16
Received by S&R: 11/19

CGC Entered/Received: 12/2
Verified: TBD
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 12/9

Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD
Received (by owner): TBD

So, I've not been keeping up (sorry), how long are ME's supposed to take these days? I sent one a month ago, received 11/15, still sitting at "scheduled for grading." So, just a couple of days short of a month. Not crazy, not angry about it or anything, just curious how long they're running these days.

On 12/13/2022 at 10:50 AM, F For Fake said:

So, I've not been keeping up (sorry), how long are ME's supposed to take these days? I sent one a month ago, received 11/15, still sitting at "scheduled for grading." So, just a couple of days short of a month. Not crazy, not angry about it or anything, just curious how long they're running these days.

I'm not sure, either.  It took a little over a month, with a holiday, for my ME submission to go from SFG to GEi.  And it sounds like you're about 5 business days behind me.