• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2023 at 9:51 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Have you called to see what the issue is? What were they able to tell you? Hopefully they have been able to refund the fast track fees at least.

Yeah I spoke with them 10+ times. Fast track fees are refunded and I have continually been told there is no issue. I finally got a response yesterday from the production facility and was told they are through encapsulation and in sealing, yet 24 hours later and the status has not changed to QC.

Edited by gooshball

On 6/21/2023 at 1:34 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

2) Delivered on Tuesday, June 20 to CGC's PO Box.

3) CGC acknowledged delivery, Thursday, June 22.

I might be dating myself a little with this question LOL but here goes. Back in the day (and I mean way back) Friday wasn't a "business day" during convention season. I've heard a ton of people over the years argue about that, but it was in fact true. I submitted a ton through a dealer friend for years and TAT was almost always spot on if you didn't count Fridays during con season. Between him, myself, and his customers it was ALWAYS the case. I wasn't sure if that was still true or since acquisitions, and tier changes etc.. that had changed. Just curious 

On 6/22/2023 at 1:20 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Pat,

I am doing well and I hope you and your family are likewise.

As for submitting, I get the urge every two years or so to submit more than usual. Primarily covers that I like with a few keys, minor and otherwise, thrown in along with a current "hot" book. They are all for my collection so if I ever decide to sell any of them perhaps the hot book will get lukewarm at some point in the future along with the others.

Manny,

Family is doing very well, my oldest is preparing for his freshman year in HS which is costing me a kidney. Otherwise everyone is healthy and happy! I know you had alot of books to submit, good to see you getting it done.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:42 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

And regular economy!  Makes ya feel awesome for having fast track economy subs sitting.  First in, first out at it's finest!

LOL! None of it makes any sense at all. I've had 2 subs get opened fairly quick and to GEI, but then have been sitting in GEI for 9 days now. I was told that my books have been graded at the beginning of the week, but Encapsulation is the bottleneck. Not sure what is happening with "E".

I fear it will be a bloodbath once SDCC comes around and submitting books could be a nightmare on turnaround times.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:06 AM, captainzombie said:

I fear it will be a bloodbath once SDCC comes around and submitting books could be a nightmare on turnaround times.

I think that ship has already sailed.  I've had submissions delivered to CGC within the last two weeks and none of them have been opened by Receiving.  Receiving must have off on 'business day' Fridays.

On 6/22/2023 at 9:51 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:
On 6/22/2023 at 9:29 AM, gooshball said:

Imagine waiting another month...

image.thumb.png.5500f2d78889dab6ce10625e3591007e.png

Have you called to see what the issue is? What were they able to tell you? Hopefully they have been able to refund the fast track fees at least.

Here's my response from CGC on 6/21:  "After reaching out to my team when we spoke, they confirmed it's out of the encapsulation department, has now been slabbed and is in the process of being sealed. Today they confirmed it should be done by the end of this week for sure.

If there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reach out!"

Yet the end of the week is here and still G/E/I

On 6/23/2023 at 6:43 PM, gooshball said:

Here's my response from CGC on 6/21:  "After reaching out to my team when we spoke, they confirmed it's out of the encapsulation department, has now been slabbed and is in the process of being sealed. Today they confirmed it should be done by the end of this week for sure.

If there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reach out!"

Yet the end of the week is here and still G/E/I

I was told mine should be shipped by july 4th weekend. It was missed and there was more of a focus on magazine g/e/i. I wouldn’t be surprised if yours were sent out next week.

I believe them and appreciate the honesty. 

8090655A-3563-4DBE-A05A-44C3E1BEBA7F.thumb.jpeg.3f665fef3f53919a9aad007dfea45a20.jpeg

B67B4C90-B074-4B00-8637-5A6C0DD33D3A.thumb.jpeg.ea98af0ad01cd00c2ddb0e721c1bfc74.jpeg

As for why it still says ccs in process, there was no point in pressing them for an answer on this. I was enjoying the honesty and did not want them to say it will be updated in a day or two.