• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, irishcritic said:

Is anyone seeing movement on prescreen moderns GEI 6/7 timeframe? Sent in 2 orders of 25 books both recieved and GEI on 6/7 the 2nd one has finished and shipped back a week and a half ago the first one that was recieved is still GEI? not even close to the stated TAT just seems weird the 2nd order is already done and returned and the first is still stuck in GEI. First in first out.......LOL 

my 6/8 is at G/QC for a few days now. It seems they were slammed with submissions prior to price increase and there is a bottleneck. 

On 6/28/2023 at 8:28 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

my 6/8 is at G/QC for a few days now. It seems they were slammed with submissions prior to price increase and there is a bottleneck. 

Mine one submission with 2 books has been stuck in G/QC for 2 days now, but my one that had 23 books in it switched from GEI to Shipped in minutes on Monday.

On 6/28/2023 at 8:28 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

On 6/28/2023 at 8:38 AM, captainzombie said:

Mine one submission with 2 books has been stuck in G/QC for 2 days now, but my one that had 23 books in it switched from GEI to Shipped in minutes on Monday.

No rhyme or reason..........

21 Modern Submission Prescreen:

• Delivered: 6/16 
  • SFG:         6/26
  • GEI:          6/26
  • G/QC        ??
  • Shipped    ??

Also what is going on with signing in and looking at your submission summaries?  I have to log in again after clicking on my submission number, and I cant hit refresh anymore without being logged off.  Is this happening to anyone else?

On 6/28/2023 at 11:57 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

21 Modern Submission Prescreen:

• Delivered: 6/16 
  • SFG:         6/26
  • GEI:          6/26
  • G/QC        ??
  • Shipped    ??

Also what is going on with signing in and looking at your submission summaries?  I have to log in again after clicking on my submission number, and I cant hit refresh anymore without being logged off.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes it is a common theme across cgc products at the moment, it even signed me out while I typed this comment doh!

@

2 book ME marked at arrived at CGC on June 14 and SFG

G/E/I - June 27

Q/C - June 28

Super fast for an ME, which is great. These are the books I posted about in another thread that have now gone in for the fourth time with the same issue, and where I was charged for shipping but given a credit for it. Fingers crossed that the spotting on the back is fixed, which required swapping out the inner plastic sheath. 

June Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to                          06/06
Delivered                            06/08
Scheduled for Grading
Grading / Encapsulation     06/19 (7 business days later / 7 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control    06/23 (4 business days later / 11 days so far)
Shipped                              06/27 (2 business days later / 13 days total)

Anyone know what the current "real" TAT is on magazines?  The bottom one here has been in G/E/I for about a month.  Not to mention they were delivered for 3 weeks before the showed as received.  I sent t hem at the end of March. This is my first magazine submission and comics have been in G/E/I around a week recently.  Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.  Given the stated TAT is around 30 days and we are looking at around 50 now.  Not a big issue just curious what others have seen.

image.thumb.png.9d9b05e65fed18069ce16726ee043a55.png

On 6/28/2023 at 1:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes it is a common theme across cgc products at the moment, it even signed me out while I typed this comment doh!

@

Yes! I have been signed-out inside and out, upside down, left and right side, backward, forward, in reverse ... Okay, I'll stop now.

On 5/14/2023 at 6:18 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Submissions:

a) forty comic book modern

b) two magazine modern

Edit:

1) both shipped, Friday, May 12, 2023

2) both scheduled to be delivered, Monday, May 15

3) delivered and ready for collection by CGC, May 15

4) "picked up" by CGC, May 15

5) CGC confirmed delivery, Tuesday, May 16

6) CGC marked received,  TBD

7)

Two magazines Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging, Thursday, June 29

On 6/28/2023 at 1:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

G/E/I - June 27

Q/C - June 28

Super fast for an ME, which is great. These are the books I posted about in another thread that have now gone in for the fourth time with the same issue, and where I was charged for shipping but given a credit for it. Fingers crossed that the spotting on the back is fixed, which required swapping out the inner plastic sheath. 

Yeah I think mine was received on the 8th or something and was shipped out on the 27th, which was totally unexpected. Nice little surprise FedEx text. Almost makes up for the fact that the book I sent back had about 4,000 issues wrong with the slab. Almost...

On 6/28/2023 at 11:17 PM, Johnny V said:

Anyone know what the current "real" TAT is on magazines?  The bottom one here has been in G/E/I for about a month.  Not to mention they were delivered for 3 weeks before the showed as received.  I sent t hem at the end of March. This is my first magazine submission and comics have been in G/E/I around a week recently.  Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.  Given the stated TAT is around 30 days and we are looking at around 50 now.  Not a big issue just curious what others have seen.

Here's mine. Waiting for over 14 months.

image.thumb.png.28b5ef36d95f08dcba9a599e8ae80ef7.png

Edit: Modern shows a turn-around time of 30 days. This was in GEI for 5-7 months (wasn't counting so not 100% sure, but it's been a long time).

Edited by cyclonus11

My submission was delivered to warehouse and scanned on June 7th..still no entry to submission. Customer service told me it can take up to 20 days (business I guess) to open and submit  ...which is the turnaround time for Modern....so, I am concerned they lost my submission.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:17 PM, Johnny V said:

image.thumb.png.888f07ba2740f1e3c05fe9afae3d924f.png

On 6/29/2023 at 1:22 PM, Ed Hanes said:

My submission was delivered to warehouse and scanned on June 7th..still no entry to submission. Customer service told me it can take up to 20 days (business I guess) to open and submit  ...which is the turnaround time for Modern....so, I am concerned they lost my submission.

Unfortunantly once they get checked in it seems like a lottery if you are pushed through GEI quickly or stuck there for weeks. 

On 6/28/2023 at 1:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

G/E/I - June 27

Q/C - June 28

Shipped out today, June 29th. Fingers crossed that the fourth time is the charm with these books!

On 6/29/2023 at 11:48 AM, irishcritic said:

Unfortunantly once they get checked in it seems like a lottery if you are pushed through GEI quickly or stuck there for weeks. 

oh , I know...it's a spoon shoot..

I had a random signature series update today (shrug)

From GEI

TO qc/finalized

to QC

and now it is back to GEI.

Seems like if they found something wrong with it, they should have contacted me, I don't want to assume that they wouldn't @CGC Mike but I just thought that I should mention.

We'll see what it grades out as, idk