• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

15 book Modern sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/31/23
  • Delivered: 6/2/23
  • Received/SFG/GEI: 6/12/23 (+6 days)
  • G/QC: 6/15/23 (+9 days)
  • Shipped: 6/16/23 (+10 days)
  • Delivered: 6/18/23 (1 book returned due to production failure. Slab cracked on top. Debris in case)

5 book Economy/Vintage sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/31/23
  • Delivered: 6/2/23
  • Received/SFG/GEI: 6/12/23 (+7 days)
  • QC: 6/23/23 (+17 days)
  • Shipped: 6/26/23 (+18 days)
  • Delivered: 6/28/23 (3 of 5 books returned due to production failure. Slabs not sealed properly)

8 book Mechanical Error sub.

• Shipped: 6/8/23
  • Delivered: 6/12/23 
  • Received/SFG: 6/14/23 (+3 days)
  • Shipped: 6/26/23 (+10 days)
  • Delivered: 6/28/23

1 book Mechanical Error sub.

• Shipped: 6/21/23
  • Delivered: 6/23/23 
  • Received/SFG: 6/30/23
  • GEI:?

3 book Mechanical Error sub.

• Shipped: 6/30/23
  • Delivered: 7/3/23
  • Received: ?

On 6/29/2023 at 12:29 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Two magazines Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging, Thursday, June 29

Interesting, the two magazines are still G/E/I but upon accessing the submission CGC has listed the wrong magazines. Specifically, they have listed for my submission two copies of France Creepy 1 3/69 Warren Publishing French Edition.

I have to telephone CGC and will likely be informed that, in fact, I did submit French language magazines. lol

Edit: For posterity!

image.thumb.png.ce51cd03936717ceb53c7c31c73e5b04.png

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

Any slow track economy submitters still waiting on their subs that were received (aka SFG) before 5/18/23? With the quick turnaround on a lot of the June economy subs (at the higher rates), I am wondering if my books are still stuck in the backlog of subs that were submitted before the price changes went into effect (although I did have a 2 book economy sub received on 5/19 that shipped on 6/22). Feels like my 25 book sub received/SFG on 5/18 has been stuck at GEI for the past 3 weeks now.

On 7/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Any slow track economy submitters still waiting on their subs that were received (aka SFG) before 5/18/23? With the quick turnaround on a lot of the June economy subs (at the higher rates), I am wondering if my books are still stuck in the backlog of subs that were submitted before the price changes went into effect (although I did have a 2 book economy sub received on 5/19 that shipped on 6/22). Feels like my 25 book sub received/SFG on 5/18 has been stuck at GEI for the past 3 weeks now.

For many submissions CGC's posted turnaround times are a myth wrapped in a fantasy concealed in a bed time story.

Has anyone had books delivered from June 20th or later show up in their submissions yet?

18 Book Modern:

Shipped 6/16

Delivered To CGC Per Tracking 6/20 

Received - 

GEI - 

QC - 
Shipped-  

On 7/6/2023 at 8:41 AM, X_Phile said:

Has anyone had books delivered from June 20th or later show up in their submissions yet?

18 Book Modern:

Shipped 6/16

Delivered To CGC Per Tracking 6/20 

Received - 

GEI - 

QC - 
Shipped-  

I do not. A 25 Modern Comic Book submission that is still in the CGC submission void.

On 7/6/2023 at 8:49 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I do not. A 25 Modern Comic Book submission that is still in the CGC submission void.

I have another one delivered 5 days later and neither show up on in submissions or their delivery tracker. 

On 7/6/2023 at 9:00 AM, X_Phile said:

I have another one delivered 5 days later and neither show up on in submissions or their delivery tracker. 

As one can imagine, CGC has received a great number of submissions, its intake process has slowed, both, or something (edit) else, I can think of a few things, has occurred.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

On 7/6/2023 at 12:35 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

15 Book Mechanical Error Submission
2023-06-22    Delivered to CGC
2023-06-27    CGC Received/SFG
2023-07-06    GEI

Come On CGC!  15 Good Slabs!!  You Can Do It!  :fourleafclover:

I'm afraid GEI seems to be purgatory these days. Been sitting there since 6/7 on a modern prescreen.

On 7/6/2023 at 11:39 AM, Beastfeast said:

23 book slow Modern

delivered 6/29 not checked in yet. 4th probably pushing it back more than normal bottleneck. 

Exact same with me: delivered 6/29 & still at the post office waiting to get picked up. All good, CGC is likely recovering from 4th of July hangovers lol 

On 7/6/2023 at 6:01 PM, @Rogueiconic said:

I have 12 books received on 6/22/23 and it's been stuck at Scheduled for Grading. I sent another 12 books at that same time and I got those back fast! 

First in, first out. Alternatively, flip a coin.

On 7/7/2023 at 8:48 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

2023-07-07    G/QC.  Looks like they'll ship Monday.

Oh, so someone is working there.  Nothing is moving on my end and I just figured CGC employees extended their vacations beyond the 4th and there's only a skeleton crew still working the remainder of the week.

Edited by workingdog

On 7/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, workingdog said:

Oh, so someone is working there.  Nothing is moving on my end and I just figured CGC employees extended their vacations beyond the 4th and there's only a skeleton crew still working the remainder of the week.

I figure its the same thing. They've had my one package delivered from last week, but it has not yet been opened up. Who knows how backed up they are due to the holiday.

Then I had another package that was slated to go out this past Monday, when UPS came to pickup our packages for our business they lost the CGC package. They never even scanned it in, so now I am working with my UPS rep to find out what happened to this thing. Good thing that we have an account with them and I also insured the package through them. Still it sucks to have this problem.