• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2023 at 2:59 PM, Timed said:

Does prescreen actually add days to a submission? I want to do a prescreen for some moderns, but if the wait time is a lot longer, I'll pass on it. I've been getting moderns graded in about a week recently.

Really seems like CGC turnaround times are completely random currently. Some people have had prescreen go in and out quick while normal moderns taking forever. Personally have a modern pre screen that was delivered on 6/26 that didn’t get opened until 7/14 that was put into G/E/I but hasn’t moved since. 

I am curious if some people are using the CGC packing kits and if that affects the speed of a package being opened after being received and stored at the facility.

I used to use them but only had a few on hand.

Are CGC’s own packing materials given special preference?

On 7/21/2023 at 6:32 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 5/14/2023 at 6:18 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Submissions:

a) forty comic book modern

b) two magazine modern

Edit:

1) both shipped, Friday, May 12, 2023

2) both scheduled to be delivered, Monday, May 15

3) delivered and ready for collection by CGC, May 15

4) "picked up" by CGC, May 15

5) CGC confirmed delivery, Tuesday, May 16

6) CGC marked received,  TBD

7)

Two magazine modern submission: Grading/Quality Control, Thursday, July 20, 2023

Magazines shipped July 21.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:59 PM, Timed said:

Does prescreen actually add days to a submission? I want to do a prescreen for some moderns, but if the wait time is a lot longer, I'll pass on it. I've been getting moderns graded in about a week recently.

It’s an absolute coin flip. I had 2 25 books prescreen orders delivered 5/30 and went to GEI on 6/7. 1 order shipped 6/19 the other is still sitting in GEI….. it’s completely random doesn’t seem to have anything to do with first in first out. 

• Administrator
On 7/22/2023 at 2:21 AM, sckao said:

Are CGC’s own packing materials given special preference?

No. Packages are taken from the pallets they are stored on.  When the pallet is empty, they are taken from the next one.  On a side note, we had 45 pallets of unopened packages a few weeks ago.  Am am guessing we have several more than that now.  

Part of my order went to G/Q today!
Also, I noticed that 1 out of my 50 magazines were marked as Qualified instead of Modern.
They were all new so I am wondering what makes this one specific magazine Qualified, very odd.

CGC6262495994
7/20/23
MAGAZINE MODERN
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

CGC6262495994
7/20/23
MAGAZINE MODERN
Grading/Quality Control

On 7/24/2023 at 1:51 PM, anthonyspare said:
Part of my order went to G/Q today!
Also, I noticed that 1 out of my 50 magazines were marked as Qualified instead of Modern.
They were all new so I am wondering what makes this one specific magazine Qualified, very odd.

CGC6262495994
7/20/23
MAGAZINE MODERN
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

CGC6262495994
7/20/23
MAGAZINE MODERN
Grading/Quality Control

one of mine also moved to G/Q today as well. But the other that was received on the exact same day, 6/29/23, is still Scheduled for grading. Baffling 

I still have one sent in for the Mark Bagley signing, which entails several things:

All good and only delivered Last Thursday, but

On the "events page" it stated the deadline was "Friday July 21st", which wasn't last Friday as there is no Friday the 21st this year, at least in July lol , but I had it in Thursday  :)

I wrote the initials on the package, and customer service says, "it is located in the correct area!" Which I guess they "Bag and Tag" boxes before opening to track them at the facilities and will open to check them in when closer to the signing :) 

It just makes more sense on their end and to them, but "so far so good ??? " lol not complaining, just learning to be able to let others in similar situations in the future relieve pressure. 

On 7/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, I like pie said:

I submitted a book at SDCC, which was the first time doing so at a con. When should I expect it to be entered into the system?

It took like two weeks from my con earlier this year, June. They still ship them from the con, so it can take a normal amount of time, that's to say not any faster than normal.

On 7/26/2023 at 10:59 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

My high value magazine submission is still stuck in Scheduled for Grading since june 21  :(

Hopefully they will soon ship as mine finally did so this past Friday. They were scheduled to arrive on Monday but FedEx, of course, delayed delivery and, thus, they arrived yesterday, Tuesday, July 25.

Mechanical Error (+ CCS?)

7/6- Mailed to CGC 

7/11 - Delivered to CGC facility

N/A - Received by CCS

7/19 - Received by CGC

7/19 - SFG

7/23~ - GEI

7/26 - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

Bagley Signing

7/14 - Mailed to CGC 

7/18 - Delivered to CGC facility