• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 11/27/2023 at 10:52 AM, sd2416 said:

I hope those kids over in Africa where they send the losing teams super bowl, world series, NBA finals apparel enjoy my orders.  

I am sorry this has happened to you.  I sent the operations manager another e-mail.

On 11/27/2023 at 3:45 PM, workingdog said:

If it's 29 business days you're talking about, I would call Customer Service and have them refund your Fast Track fees.

Yeah, I was tempted to. With the way things are going I'll just be glad if my books aren't maimed in the slabbing process lol The 10 days to open the box is the part that annoys me the most.

They have no problems taking that fast track money though. If they cared they would automatically refund it, but as it stand they can't even care enough to update the "current turnaround time". The quality has gone off a cliff in recent years across the board unfortunately, both in terms of service and quality control. 

• Administrator
On 11/27/2023 at 2:28 PM, sd2416 said:

Thank you.  And just curious, why cant we like a post by an admin? 

It's been this way for the nearly 19 years that I have been here.  I blame Arch...   Seriously, I could change it but, it might show favoritism.

On 11/27/2023 at 7:21 PM, mysterio said:

Nope. If any were fast track it would say under the service. We haven’t done any fast track on moderns in a while, we let the chips fall where they may. 

Meanwhile my 11/3 modern fast track still hasnt shipped. This service has become a total joke....lol Pretty sure this will be my last CGC sub after a decade of exclusively using them. It's just not worth the inconsistency combined with the horrible QC. 😔 

Edited by Jim M
Typo

On 11/27/2023 at 5:56 PM, mysterio said:

No rhyme or reason...

Untitled.jpg

@CGC Mike Can we get an official comment on this? I dont get how my modern fast track received on 11/3 (not to mention the extra 10 days it took you guys to open the box) hasn't shipped yet while modern non fast track orders from a week later have shipped. It's inexcusable to do this and then charge people the extra money for fast track. 

Edited by Jim M

• Administrator
On 11/27/2023 at 9:10 PM, Jim M said:

@CGC Mike Can we get an official comment on this? I dont get how my modern fast track received on 11/3 (not to mention the extra 10 days it took you guys to open the box) hasn't shipped yet while modern non fast track orders from a week later have shipped. It's inexcusable to do this and then charge people the extra money for fast track. 

For something like this, I have been asked to refer customers to customer service.  This will avoid people getting different answers.  

On 11/27/2023 at 9:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

For something like this, I have been asked to refer customers to customer service.  This will avoid people getting different answers.  

Sounds like bad management. They should be more directly open with community, especially when the public perception is that the wheels are coming off at CGC. This kind of issue, damaged books left and right, wild inconsistencies in grading and horrible QC.

I appreciate the quick reply and I get your stance thought.  I appreciate you directly as you do a great job here on the boards 👍 

• Administrator
On 11/27/2023 at 9:31 PM, Jim M said:

Sounds like bad management. They should be more directly open with community, especially when the public perception is that the wheels are coming off at CGC. This kind of issue, damaged books left and right, wild inconsistencies in grading and horrible QC.

I appreciate the quick reply and I get your stance thought.  I appreciate you directly as you do a great job here on the boards 👍 

Thank you for understanding.  I will say that I feel the in house move we have been doing is going to improve things.

On 11/27/2023 at 8:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thank you for understanding.  I will say that I feel the in house move we have been doing is going to improve things.

Is the move completed? If you can share that information.  I thought things were running fairly smoothly just prior to NYCC personally, but that’s not to say improvements can’t be made either. 

On 11/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, CGC Mike said:

Outside of some unboxing/re-arranging, the move should be completed.  

Mike, will this have any effect on the FIFO issues we have been having? If you check the invoices I posted our last three group submissions (10/26, 11/2, and 11/9) have each had one modern invoice ship while another is still in GEI. I understand that FIFO can't be expected to be perfect, but waiting on our 10/26 modern to get out of GEI after having received the slabs from another group shipped to CGC in the same box is a bit frustrating.

Edited by mysterio

On 11/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, mysterio said:

Mike, will this have any effect on the FIFO issues we have been having? If you check the invoices I posted our last three group submissions (10/26, 11/2, and 11/9) have each had one modern invoice ship while another is still in GEI. I understand that FIFO can't be expected to be perfect, but waiting on our 10/26 modern to get out of GEI after having received the slabs from another group shipped to CGC in the same box is a bit frustrating.

Just to commiserate.... I'm right there with you on my 10/24 submission of 25 books. 10 modern books shipped back 11/02 and the other 15 modern with custom labels have been stuck in GEI after both sets were progressing on identical tracks. Pretty ridiculous really. The 20 Day turnaround time that CGC so proudly brags about has come and gone...no matter how they want to count it.