• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,047 posts in this topic

Modern Fast-Track Press and Grade:

- Received CCS 11/15

- CCS in process 11/21

- Received for grading 11/27

- Scheduled for grading 11/27

-GEI 11/30

Was cruising along til now. Still two more days to hit expected TAT, but I’m not getting my hopes up based on what I’ve seen here. Seems like GEI (which I would expect to be one of the faster steps) is the new SFG when it comes to delays 😒

On 11/30/2023 at 4:00 PM, Timed said:

Am I reading this correctly; 3 days late on an estimated TAT? Not sure if that is in refund territory just yet.

While I agree 3 days isn't a long time, any failing to hit TAT on a fast-track order is especially frustrating considering it's a $15-30 premium per book for the specific purpose of getting it notably quicker than a regular modern order. Right now the listed difference is 18 days. If it comes back with only a 10 or 12 day difference, though, I'd be asking for my money back for sure. At least with other tiers, you are paying more (most likely) for the book being higher value or older, not specifically to get it faster (though that's a definite perk). My TAT comes due tomorrow for a MFT press&grade, and if I don't get it by the end of next week, I will certainly be asking for my money back too.

On 12/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

2 Book Mechanical Error Submission
2023-11-17    Delivered to CGC/CGC Scanned Delivery
2023-11-27    CGC Received/SFG
2023-12-08    GEI

2023-12-11  Shipped

Good Slabs!  I'm hoping for a Christmas Miracle!!

Edited by Still Only 20¢
Removed extraneous period.