• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,730 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2024 at 3:48 PM, Stefan_W said:

Well this one is an adventure. The shipment circled around Florida and was sent back to CGC on Monday. The shipment info said there was an issue with the address, even though I have not changed anything and having been using the same one for CGC submissions. I just got an email from CGC saying that an $80 re-ship fee will be added to my account. I sent a message back asking why since the address on file is correct and I have not changed anything in any way. The mistake was either FedEx not having the capacity to move it right after the hurricane or CGC putting on an incorrect label, and either way I am not sure why I am the one paying an extra $80 USD. 

The adventure had a happy ending. CGC just contacted me and let me know that they are waiving the second shipping fee, so I will pay the usual amount to get the books back instead of paying twice. I am almost 100% sure this is a FedEx issue so CGC basically ate the extra shipping charge to make sure I am happy. I do appreciate this. 

Also, on a different topic not really suited for this thread, FedEx is totally trash now and has been for a while. What a massive fall for a company that once had a solid reputation. 

On 10/18/2024 at 7:54 PM, Vrishnak said:

Joining in on this. The 09/12/24 books have been with CGC since August 20th. Beginning with CCS on 8/20, then to CGC on 09/12.

image.thumb.png.e2db046019e7c5732a606429f03b391c.png

Same with mine early August CCS but not back to CGC till 9/20.

3 book modern slow  :cheers:

Edit oh and still sfg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

15 book Vintage Bulk order

• Delivered to CGC - 8/6
  • Received and SFG - 8/6
  • GEI - ?

50d and counting 

21 book Modern order

• Delivered to CGC - 8/19
  • Received and SFG - 8/22
  • GEI  - 10/7
  • G/QC - 10/17
  • Shipped - 10/17 

40d (TAT +12 days) 

1 book Vintage order

• Delivered to CGC - 9/5
  • Received and SFG - 9/6
  • GEI - ?

28d and counting

2 book High Value order

• Delivered to CGC - 9/16
  • Received and SFG - 9/18
  • GEI - 10/18 

21d and counting. Up charged to UV tier on 10/18.