• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,044 posts in this topic

I'd like to know what they're thinking listing "current turnaround" and "estimated turnaround." Am I supposed to read that and say "wow, it'll currently take 120 days but wait they estimate those 120 days to only take 40 days??" What the heck?

I'd like to know what they're thinking listing "current turnaround" and "estimated turnaround." Am I supposed to read that and say "wow, it'll currently take 120 days but wait they estimate those 120 days to only take 40 days??" What the heck?

What do you mean?

They added the "current turnaround" numbers to give you up-to-date information about the actual turnaround time - the estimated turnaround times are printed on the CGC forms, so it wouldn't make sense to constantly reprint those every time CGC falls behind on their submissions ...

What do you mean?

They added the "current turnaround" numbers to give you up-to-date information about the actual turnaround time - the estimated turnaround times are printed on the CGC forms, so it wouldn't make sense to constantly reprint those every time CGC falls behind on their submissions ...

My point is that the "estimated turnaround" time is meaningless. Their turnaround will always be based on how many comics have been submitted for them to work on. Clearly, whenever they first published turnaround times, they could do it in 40 days. But there's nothing permanent about that number -- it's irrelevant. What if their workload plummets and they can turn books around in 20 days. Will they hold them to hit their published 40-day window? Of course not. It's meaningless. They should just get rid of "estimated turnaround" on all their printed material and instead say "for current turnaround rates please check our website."

Right now, it's just a joke.

It's even funnier when you submit some via fast-track and pay for that service.

Only then to find out CGC mistakenly put them into economy.

Now that does suck.

What do you mean?

My point is that the "estimated turnaround" time is meaningless. Their turnaround will always be based on how many comics have been submitted for them to work on. Clearly, whenever they first published turnaround times, they could do it in 40 days. But there's nothing permanent about that number -- it's irrelevant. What if their workload plummets and they can turn books around in 20 days. Will they hold them to hit their published 40-day window? Of course not. It's meaningless. They should just get rid of "estimated turnaround" on all their printed material and instead say "for current turnaround rates please check our website."

Right now, it's just a joke.

Yeah, instead of merely pointing to what's printed on the form & saying "the Economy, Value and Modern tiers are currently far behind schedule - everything else should be within the estimate", I'm sure the CGC employees would love having to list the turnaround time for every single option on their forms 500 times over the course of a single convention. Brilliant idea!

Or maybe eliminate turn around times altogether. That way they dont have to adhere to any kind of standard. They're a monopoly so whats the difference.

Why would they even have to bother with removing the times? Its not like anybody can make them adhere to them anyway :tonofbricks:

I've got one Economy Fast Track book subbed at the NYCC that just got graded 11/27 and customer service told me today I should see it within a month. We're at 35 days now so I guess Fast Track now means almost 3 months wait time.

TATs are for grading, encapsulating/shipping time is conveniently not included in the estimate.

I've got one Economy Fast Track book subbed at the NYCC that just got graded 11/27 and customer service told me today I should see it within a month. We're at 35 days now so I guess Fast Track now means almost 3 months wait time.

TATs are for grading, encapsulating/shipping time is conveniently not included in the estimate.

TATs are calculated from when they're marked "received" by CGC till they're marked "shipped/safe".

The "Current Turnaround" numbers are supposed to mean that books received X business days ago are being shipped out today.

TATs are calculated from when they're marked "received" by CGC till they're marked "shipped/safe".

The "Current Turnaround" numbers are supposed to mean that books received X business days ago are being shipped out today.

Well that's my thing I learned today then, I thought it was just grading. So WalkThru service is supposed to be graded, encapsulated, and shipped all in the same day?

I just subbed my books via Fast Track (advice from this very post.. Thanks!) from the Long Beach Comic Con (11/3 - 11/4).

They were received on 11/7. Spoke with Customer Service at CGC and she told me they would be graded within 10 to 15 days. Tick Tock

Is this a compliant or a just a statement?

That sound like their fast track is still well on time.

Fast Tracks are not on time anymore. They're taking ~15-20 days invoiced to shipped.

It was a statement. However, as many of the posters are complaining about delays, I wanted to share my experience beginning with my submission on 11/7 as another example.

Called CGC and my comics have been graded which is fantastic. They are currently waiting for encapsulation. So, it looks like the Fast Track is on schedule. Now, if only I can get my books by next week.