• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

CGC would not accept an AF 15 in value tier dude.

Come on now.

Yes, but they do call from time to time for upgrade fees when a book grades out worth a lot more money than the tier you submitted it under. That's a fact.

So do they go ahead and ship it back to you before calling to get more money?

They would correct the invoice tier when they first receive it.

CGC would call telling you the AF 15 goes into a standard tier.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Taking your example.... a person insures an X-Men #266 for only $100, yet it gets a 9.9.... obviously the submitter can't grade, otherwise why would that person insure it for so little. It's better to "over-insure" than "under-insure" hm

I assuming you are not being serious right?

Taking your example.... a person insures an X-Men #266 for only $100, yet it gets a 9.9.... obviously the submitter can't grade, otherwise why would that person insure it for so little. It's better to "over-insure" than "under-insure" hm

If you don't want the hassle of your scenario happening, you simply insure on the high end, otherwise if you under-insure and something happens to your books in transit, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Come on now.

Yes, but they do call from time to time for upgrade fees when a book grades out worth a lot more money than the tier you submitted it under. That's a fact.

You're not following me. Forget AF 15.

You send a Spidey 129 expecting a 6.0 and you get 9.4 for example.

CGC used to call, after they graded the book, and say "hey, we're going to have to upgrade the charge on this book because it too far exceeds the tier you submitted it under."

And you give them a CC# and life is good.

If you don't want the hassle of your scenario happening, you simply insure on the high end, otherwise if you under-insure and something happens to your books in transit, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

So if you think a book is CGC 9.9 I can assume then you will be sending in any book under the standard or economy tier then right?

If you sent in a X-men 266 expecting a CGC 9.9 grade then of course you would not quality for the modern tier to begin with.

However using your logic I completely disagree. No one sends in a book assuming it will be a 9.9.

Lets say you do insure a X-men #266 to the full value that is allowed which is $200 per book. (aka customer is maxing out their potential) That is more than what a 9.8 sells for, so you think the customer is to blame in an event of a lose not knowing the book was graded at 9.9 or 10?

So if you think a book is CGC 9.9 I can assume then you will be sending in any book under the standard or economy tier then right?

If you sent in a X-men 266 expecting a CGC 9.9 grade then of course you would not quality for the modern tier to begin with.

However using your logic I completely disagree. No one sends in a book assuming it will be a 9.9.

Lets say you do insure a X-men #266 to the full value that is allowed which is $200 per book. (aka customer is maxing out their potential) That is more than what a 9.8 sells for, so you think the customer is to blame in an event of a lose not knowing the book was graded at 9.9 or 10?

Yep, if you get the "magical" 9.9 or 10, and don't have enough of an eye to know that it might get more than a 9.8, and you don't bother to submit under the proper tier and insure it to a high enough amount, than the customer is to blame. After all, why should CGC be to blame because the customer didn't want to spend the extra money to submit and insure the book? Sometimes saving money upfront costs you a lot more money on the other side.

Come on now.

CGC used to call, after they graded the book, and say "hey, we're going to have to upgrade the charge on this book because it too far exceeds the tier you submitted it under."

To answer you that would be sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Depends honestly if they feel like it or not.

Generally I always got the phone call once the book hit 9.6/9.8. I think that book in 9.2/9.4 I don't think they would bother you, at least in my experience anyway.

Again though what I really find funny is so many people are upset with CGC TaTs, services fees, etc.....but yet no one is saying the most obvious thing that was the bend you over cost since day 1 business model. Their grading tier structures.

CGC is not only a grading company, but also a comic book appraiser as well.

Tier structure= free money for the same grading process whether the book is an Action 1 or Spawn 1.

CGC has been sticking it to us ever since day one with that extra cost. ;)

Yep, if you get the "magical" 9.9 or 10, and don't have enough of an eye to know that it might get more than a 9.8, and you don't bother to submit under the proper tier and insure it to a high enough amount, than the customer is to blame. After all, why should CGC be to blame because the customer didn't want to spend the extra money to submit and insure the book? Sometimes saving money upfront costs you a lot more money on the other side.

:facepalm:

That's some sound logic right there.

Gee I wonder why CGC doesn't have a 9.9 or 10.0 pre-screen service available. hm

I better practice my grading skills because I have never assume I would get a 9.9 or 10.0 on any book I have submitted. Shame on me. :cry:

Come on now.

Generally I always got the phone call once the book hit 9.6/9.8. I think that book in 9.2/9.4 I don't think they would bother you, at least in my experience anyway.

Again though what I really find funny is so many people are upset with CGC TaTs, services fees, etc.....but yet no one is saying the most obvious thing that was the bend you over cost since day 1 business model. Their grading tier structures.

Tier structure= free money for the same grading process whether the book is an Action 1 or Spawn 1.

Would you rather CGC "stick it to you", with the extra costs, or PGX "sticking it to you" with the questionable grading, resto detection, and ethical issues? Its not like there are tons of other options available....

Come on now.

Would you rather CGC "stick it to you", with the extra costs, or PGX "sticking it to you" with the questionable grading, resto detection, and ethical issues? Its not like there are tons of other options available....

What I am saying my over zealous friend is people complain about CGC a lot the past year I am merely pointing out fairly obvious business tactics that should have tick off people since day one if they are going to keep complaining as they people have been the past year.

I know the free money game they are playing.

If I were them I would do the same tier structure set-up, just saying it is still a rip-off. :cool:

CGC wants a piece of the profit for you re-selling your comic books whether we like it or not.

My Books were received and verified this past friday.

4 Modern fast Tracks, 8 value Fast tracks. So at 5 bidness days, not scheduled for grading. That's including MLK day, which they may or may not count as a business day.

Gee I wonder why CGC doesn't have a 9.9 or 10.0 pre-screen service available. hm

I better practice my grading skills because I have never assume I would get a 9.9 or 10.0 on any book I have submitted. Shame on me. :cry:

In a rare instance, I actually agree with SoT here. An "eye" to know a book better than a 9.8? lol

In a rare instance, I actually agree with SoT here. An "eye" to know a book better than a 9.8? lol

I agree. Insuring every 9.8 pre-screen like it's going to come back a 10.0 is :screwy: And it has nothing to do with grading eye or ability to apply an unpublished standard.... It has to do with the ODDS.

Moderns

9-17 moved to scheduled for grading today

9-19 verified

update... so the 9-19 invoice just went straight from "verified" to "graded" today. Anyone else had this happen?

9-19 invoice shipped today.

Moderns

9-17 moved to scheduled for grading today

9-19 verified

update... so the 9-19 invoice just went straight from "verified" to "graded" today. Anyone else had this happen?

9-19 invoice shipped today.

Did you get happy grades? :wishluck:

Modern Fast Track from 1/14 went "graded" on 1/25.

same for me (thumbs u

Dude, are you seriously sporting a Joker faced Obama for your avatar?

Are you on crack?

11414.png