• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

I'm perfectly fine if they raise prices. Just don't say you'll get it in this time when that's not the case.

+1

+1

They already raised rates. Their horrific turnaround times (intentional or unintentional) have forced a large number of Fast Track submissions.

Without even saying a word people have hungrily started paying 30-60% more per book with a smile on their faces.

Bend over, take it and like it.

Don't forget that CGC actually raised rates and started charging for graders' notes. It wasn't just the de facto increase to get your books back in less than 6 months. The actual rate increase on 1/1/12 had ZERO impact to TATs.

Maybe they could outsource PGX to encapsulate books for them.

I'm perfectly fine if they raise prices. Just don't say you'll get it in this time when that's not the case.

+1

+1

They already raised rates. Their horrific turnaround times (intentional or unintentional) have forced a large number of Fast Track submissions.

Without even saying a word people have hungrily started paying 30-60% more per book with a smile on their faces.

Don't forget that CGC actually raised rates and started charging for graders' notes. It wasn't just the de facto increase to get your books back in less than 6 months. The actual rate increase on 1/1/12 had ZERO impact to TATs.

Maybe they could outsource PGX to encapsulate books for them.

Dang, Daniel is going to have to expand from the garage to Mom's sewing room! :o

Well I was pleasantly surprised today.

Had an Modern Fast Track order with an invoice date of 02/11/13 and it shipped today.

Wasn't to happy with 2 of the 14 grades, but other than that, no complaints

Wow. That's the same invoice date as my col. soc. coupon books and they're still sitting at verified. :(

My four coupon submissions safely in hand at 1030 this morning. 19 business days. Base on what I read here, this is not the norm (maybe it is for coupons?) but I have to say I was pleased in every way with this transaction. I will try another soon...

Well I might as well post my current luck.

Modern Fast Track:

Sent from Convention on 1/26/13 by CGC

Invoice Date: 1/31/13

As of the 2/12/13 it just changed over to Schduled for Grading.

Current wait time 9 business days from Invoice Date...

Just an update..... I've been sitting on the Graded Status for 8 business days. Mind you for being fast track... it sure is taking a long time. Especially when I know a few other board members that submitted from the same con and have received theirs 2 weeks ago now.... :pullhair:

+1

+1

But the increases DID have an impact on TATs..... They INCREASED! :tonofbricks:

I agree with all of this. Who would have thought that demand for comic grading was so inelastic? My guess is that it would take a 30-50% increase to truly get turnaround times under control.

Does anyone remember was the % increase was last time?

+1

+1

But the increases DID have an impact on TATs..... They INCREASED! :tonofbricks:

I agree with all of this. Who would have thought that demand for comic grading was so inelastic? My guess is that it would take a 30-50% increase to truly get turnaround times under control.

Does anyone remember was the % increase was last time?

Moderns alone are going up $1, Fast Track going up $2. They are also adding a $5 per invoice "handling" fee.

All the other services are going up anywhere between $2 - $10 per book.

Moderns submitted 8/30 shipped yesterday (1/10)

Value Tiers submitted 8/30 are waiting to be slabbed. I was told they'd probably ship out around the end of the month.

Moderns arrived today :whee:

The Value Tiers are now waiting for encapsulation. So much for shipping out end of January. I was told about 3 weeks.

For those still following along at home - the Value Tier books are now in encapsulation. Estimated shipping out in about another week.

More than six months total time. I don't really feel like trying to work out the business day count :ohnoez:

Well I might as well post my current luck.

Modern Fast Track:

Sent from Convention on 1/26/13 by CGC

Invoice Date: 1/31/13

As of the 2/12/13 it just changed over to Schduled for Grading.

Current wait time 9 business days from Invoice Date...

Just an update..... I've been sitting on the Graded Status for 8 business days. Mind you for being fast track... it sure is taking a long time. Especially when I know a few other board members that submitted from the same con and have received theirs 2 weeks ago now.... :pullhair:

How funny... after calling them yesterday and they gave me the same information that I could read online myself, today it changed to shipped.

Collector's Society Coupon (4 books with an estimated 15 business days turn-around):

Received/Verified on February 11th (business day 1)

Scheduled for Grading February 27th (business day 13)

Graded ?

Shipped/Safe ?

I will continue to update.

Collector's Society Coupon (4 books with an estimated 15 business days turn-around):

Graded ?

Shipped/Safe ?

Does anybody know how many graders they have? Crazy how some people are paying a premium to fast track yet they are still waiting quite a bit.

Graded March 1st (business day 15)

Shipped/Safe ?

Any idea on how long Value Fast Track is taking?

I have been waiting almost two weeks for books to go from graded to shipped.

Any idea how long they took to get to graded?