• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

I may not understand how this is done, but I didn't think they used the encapsulation machine for reholders..... they just snap a new hard plastic holder around the previously encapsulated book.

Nah, they put in new labels and micro chamber paper. So it has to be encapsulated again.

I think they stopped using microchamber paper.

We still use micro chamber paper. Every book. If some got through - let us know.

:juggle:

Some got through. :gossip:

I may not understand how this is done, but I didn't think they used the encapsulation machine for reholders..... they just snap a new hard plastic holder around the previously encapsulated book.

Nah, they put in new labels and micro chamber paper. So it has to be encapsulated again.

We still use micro chamber paper. Every book. If some got through - let us know.

+some more

+some more

+ someone's whisker in the encapsulation department

Not to pick on Paul, but about the only surefire method of knowing if there isn't micro chamber paper is to crack the slab and I see that as, well, self-defeating when the goal is to have the book slabbed.

So if the only way to know that microchamber paper wasn't used is after the book has been cracked open, would CGC correct this QC problem by reslabbing? Not sure how CGC fixes the lack of microchamber paper at that point... (shrug)

Not to pick on Paul, but about the only surefire method of knowing if there isn't micro chamber paper is to crack the slab and I see that as, well, self-defeating when the goal is to have the book slabbed.

Wow! I wonder if anyone else thought of that and mentioned it.

:P

Wow! I wonder if anyone else thought of that and mentioned it.

:P

Not that I've seen. (shrug)

:o

I thought that was public knowledge. I've seen people here comment on it and the last 5 or 6 books I've cracked didn't have it in them.

???

I've never seen a book missing microchamber paper on both ends.

Sometimes it's missing on the back end, sometimes it's on a 2nd page as opposed to behind the cover.

I've seen a few missing one page but having the other. Usually moderns or coppers IIRC.

I thought that was public knowledge. I've seen people here comment on it and the last 5 or 6 books I've cracked didn't have it in them.

???

Sometimes it's missing on the back end, sometimes it's on a 2nd page as opposed to behind the cover.

I've seen a few missing one page but having the other. Usually moderns or coppers IIRC.

Cracker. :baiting:

???

I come across it on a fairly regular basis.

I chose modern for my first ever submission. How long does it usually take?

I submitted in late January. Can I expect it by late May?

:roflmao:

I chose modern for my first ever submission. How long does it usually take?

I submitted in late January. Can I expect it by late May?

:roflmao:

~19 days in Feb

~19 days in March

~20 days in April

~21 days in May

~20 days in June

So if you are lucky and they hit the 100 day target you might see it by the end of June.