• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

Modern Non FT

Submitted @ C2E2

Received by CGC 5/1

I called on July 5th and was told they had been just graded and were awaiting encapsulation and QC and to expect my books shipping out in 2-3 weeks. I received them yesterday using standard UPS shipping, so they must have sent them out on Monday.

Happy I got my books so fast, but the grading was pretty harsh on a few of my 9.8 candidates. Oh well - I guess they can't all be 9.8...

:eek:

My Modern Fast tracks arrived 6/28 and shipped today 7/9.

Right on time. Even with the 4th of July holiday.

had a prescreen arrive 6/28 first 2 invoices just arrived today, last 2 shipped yesterday and today. will be here monday and tuesday. very nice turnaround for a prescreen.

Economy slow track "shipped" (from CCS in Sarasota) to CGC 3/22/13, shipped by CGC to me (or so they say, should arrive today) 7/12/13, 112 total days, which I believe is 77 business days. Their website for the last few days has said current "economy" turnaround is 59 business days, so maybe that is a description of their intentions, not their performance.

Here is a classic one for you. I submit two slabs for reholdering. Both were incorrectly labeled. I mark the invoice that the slabs were incorrectly labeled. I mark the slabs with a sharpie as to the correct label they should have.

CGC sends them back within a week with them both still incorrectly labeled! Charges my credit card for the full amount plus shipping.

Holy fork and spoon.

And, yes, I already called them about it. I just thought this merited a call out to all the competent folks involved.

I'm amazed mine actually shipped on the 15th day. Sent using the coupon for 4 standard tier. Cgc received 6/24, shipped today 7/16. 15 business days as stated. 16 days if your counting the day it was received.

Value submission received 5/22/13 - graded today, 7/17 - that's only 38 biz days by my count. Who knows how long it will be stuck in encapsulation and QC - but man, it was only a few months ago that service took 6 months. Way to go CGC - that is very close to advertised 40 biz day turnaround.

6/7-----subbed modern prescreens(regular)

7/17 -----Verified

Now I am nervous....da duh da duh da duh

Also I can not remember if those star wars dark empire set I sent in was Gold foil titled or not.......UGH

Edited by MrDeafComics

7/19 - 4 coupon books received and verified (15th business day will be 8/9, the Friday of WW Chicago, so that will probably throw me off a bit)

7/19 - 9 book Economy FT dropped off in Sarasota

07/05/2013 Books Received by CGC, 3 modern Fast Track 2 Magazine Fast Track.

Modern Fast Track Scheduled for Grading as of 7/19/2013 (10 Business Days)

Magazine Fast Track Verified as of 7/19/2013 (10 Business Days)

Looks like they may be getting their Modern Submissions down a little...60 Day Current Turnaround

Does that count the 4-5 weeks in encapsulation and QC?

140 moderns sent in late April. Graded June 28. Stuck in Encapsulation Hell ever since with little hope they'll be done before August.

It shouldn't take that long to encapsulate books, it really shouldn't.