• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

I think they geared up for the onslaught that will be SDCC starting most likely tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how much change there will be in turnaround times with one of the big shows to absorb.

Looks like they may be getting their Modern Submissions down a little...60 Day Current Turnaround

Does that count the 4-5 weeks in encapsulation and QC?

140 moderns sent in late April. Graded June 28. Stuck in Encapsulation Hell ever since with little hope they'll be done before August.

It shouldn't take that long to encapsulate books, it really shouldn't.

The extra FT income alone ought to buy another encapsulation machine and someone to run it. And someone who knows more than me on this can chime in, but isn't there a tax break for depreciation of new equipment that they could also benefit from on that?

Oh, and 5/24 modern submission non-fast track still sitting at verified about to be overtaken by SDCC fast track I'm sure.

I got some of this too, i'm hoping for the arrival in the next two weeks

Edited by Revat

Just a heads up that books submitted during preview night for SDCC have been received. Mine just showed up!

SO IT BEGINS:

Modern Fast Track from SDCC:

Received 7/24

Modern Fast Track from SDCC:

Received 7/24

Verified 7/30

Value submission received 5/22/13 - graded today, 7/17 - that's only 38 biz days by my count. Who knows how long it will be stuck in encapsulation and QC - but man, it was only a few months ago that service took 6 months. Way to go CGC - that is very close to advertised 40 biz day turnaround.

And 13 calendar days later still stuck at graded :cry:

I received my last submission today and it was 20 biz days exact.

I think CGC is doing a fine job on fast tracks.

So I'm at 11 days, no movement from received on Econamy Fast track. That would have them graded/encapsulated/out the door in 9 hm