• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,110 posts in this topic

So as of now would everyone agree modern submissions that say received 9/9 won't be ready for what like 60 days. So would that be 60 business days or 60 days including weekends/holidays?

My first submission and learned a lesson: always double check paperwork I meant to have them fast tracked and only did modern. I called when I found out ny error and was told they can't change it to fast track. What's that all about???? I asked the lady are you serious? You can't just charge me more and update my sub and she definetly wasn't joking,couldn't change. 60 days! I could be struck by lighting or hit by bus in 60 days. Sucks

hm

I just noticed that CGC has entered the title of one of my comics incorrectly while checking through the submission tracking.

Does that mean I'll get an error label?

Call them and tell them, they can probably fix it. Could you have made an error on the sub form? If so they may not be as sympathetic...

:wishluck:

I'm hoping for some movement on people's books today. all 3 of my submissions have been stuck in graded since 9/6. They have missed their 20 day business mark, so c'mon CGC lets get some books out this week

I'm hoping for some movement on people's books today. all 3 of my submissions have been stuck in graded since 9/6. They have missed their 20 day business mark, so c'mon CGC lets get some books out this week

I'll add one too. :wishluck: I'm still in QC and I'm past the 20 business days too.

hm

I just noticed that CGC has entered the title of one of my comics incorrectly while checking through the submission tracking.

Call them and tell them, they can probably fix it. Could you have made an error on the sub form? If so they may not be as sympathetic...

That happened to me - I sent in a HOS #95 (correct on the invoice) and it was listed as HOM #95 with corresponding label notes. A quick call and it was fixed within minutes.

hm

That happened to me - I sent in a HOS #95 (correct on the invoice) and it was listed as HOM #95 with corresponding label notes. A quick call and it was fixed within minutes.

had different book entirely added to an invoice once. called and told them they removed it and that was that. the book's gpa was like 4k. maybe i shouldnt have said anything...

I'll add one too. :wishluck: I'm still in QC and I'm past the 20 business days too.

I already mentioned this but I will repeat. I called the first week of sept. and they said that encapsulation will be a few weeks. Plenty of people are stuck at graded. It's been 2 weeks for me.

I already mentioned this but I will repeat. I called the first week of sept. and they said that encapsulation will be a few weeks. Plenty of people are stuck at graded. It's been 2 weeks for me.

That's not going to stop me from hoping for the best

c'mon CGC :wishluck:

UPDATE:

Both Modern (non-fast track)

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Still in Received. Getting a little ridiculous. Come on CGC we should not have to pay $10 extra per book to get something graded.

36/37 Business days and counting

Standard sub (one book) that I dropped off onsite at WW Chicago with an 8/16 invoice got changed to SFG this morning (8/30). Today is 10 business days, so hopefully it'll stay on schedule. :wishluck:

The Standard tier book is graded as of this morning (9/3), so hopefully it will ship soon.

I've also got a FT Economy that was dropped off at Chicago with an invoice date of 8/13. Today marks the 14th business day (giving them yesterday as a holiday) and it is still sitting at Verified.

The 8/13 FT Economy sub switched to SFG today (9/4), the 8/16 Standard sub is still sitting at Graded.

8/16 Standard sub is now in Grading/Quality Control (9/5). The Economy FT is still in SFG.

The Standard sub jumped to shipped/safe this afternoon (9/5), so it was on time.

9/6 the Economy FT moved to Graded, hopefully it'll ship early next week. Sticking to stated TATs nicely.

9/11 the Economy FT is still stuck on Graded :mad:, but my Standard sub is now safely in hand. :cloud9:

9/16 the Economy FT switched to shipped/safe.

UPDATE:

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Still in Received. Getting a little ridiculous. Come on CGC we should not have to pay $10 extra per book to get something graded.

The current TaTs for regular moderns are 59 business days - which is clearly spelled out on CGC's site.

If you want them faster, pay for fast-track - nobody's forcing you to submit your books in the slower tier :shrug:

UPDATE:

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

The current TaTs for regular moderns are 59 business days - which is clearly spelled out on CGC's site.

If you want them faster, pay for fast-track - nobody's forcing you to submit your books in the slower tier :shrug:

amen

hm

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll call CGC this afternoon.

I listed the title correctly. It was a Marvel Collectable Classics: Spider-Man #2 which CGC entered as Marvel Collectable Classics: X-Men #2. Seems like a reasonable mistake.

Collectors Coupon:

Received/Verified Aug 14

Graded/QC STILL!!!

For the 15 day coupon we are now approaching the end of business day 21 not counting day they receive, holiday or the Friday of the last con :( . Was told books would be shipping out within 24hrs when I called on Thursday.

Collectors Coupon:

Received/Verified Aug 14

Graded/QC STILL!!!

For the 15 day coupon we are now approaching the end of business day 21 not counting day they receive, holiday or the Friday of the last con :( . Was told books would be shipping out within 24hrs when I called on Thursday.

CALL THEM!

UPDATE:

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Man.....just because they display turnaround days, doesn't mean anything.

It's not slower, it's just people bottle nosing up the fast track like you are!!!!!

lol. Jk

I think people are just relying too much on the turnaround times posted on the cgc site. And it's not 59 days realistically ATM.