• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

hm

I just noticed that CGC has entered the title of one of my comics incorrectly while checking through the submission tracking.

Does that mean I'll get an error label?

Call them and tell them, they can probably fix it. Could you have made an error on the sub form? If so they may not be as sympathetic...

That happened to me - I sent in a HOS #95 (correct on the invoice) and it was listed as HOM #95 with corresponding label notes. A quick call and it was fixed within minutes.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll call CGC this afternoon.

I listed the title correctly. It was a Marvel Collectable Classics: Spider-Man #2 which CGC entered as Marvel Collectable Classics: X-Men #2. Seems like a reasonable mistake.

Update: I called CGC and they said that the problem would correct itself when the books went to the graders. So I guess this situation shouldn't concern anyone unless it makes it past verified with an incorrect title.

UPDATE:

Both Modern (non-fast track)

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Still in Received. Getting a little ridiculous. Come on CGC we should not have to pay $10 extra per book to get something graded.

36/37 Business days and counting

The current TaTs for regular moderns are 59 business days - which is clearly spelled out on CGC's site.

If you want them faster, pay for fast-track - nobody's forcing you to submit your books in the slower tier :shrug:

Agreed! Modern Non Fast Track does state 60 business days. Just wish they would update turnaround times to reflect the current status of Modern Fast Track submissions. Case in point:

My Modern FT submission received by CGC on 08/15/13

Shipped out by CGC on 09/12/13

19 Business days. Almost double the projected 10. I understand the glut of submissions at conventions, but it would be nice if CGC gave a more realistic estimation of turnaround times so an informed decision could be made about spending the extra $10/book.

Standard sub (one book) that I dropped off onsite at WW Chicago with an 8/16 invoice got changed to SFG this morning (8/30). Today is 10 business days, so hopefully it'll stay on schedule. :wishluck:

The Standard tier book is graded as of this morning (9/3), so hopefully it will ship soon.

I've also got a FT Economy that was dropped off at Chicago with an invoice date of 8/13. Today marks the 14th business day (giving them yesterday as a holiday) and it is still sitting at Verified.

The 8/13 FT Economy sub switched to SFG today (9/4), the 8/16 Standard sub is still sitting at Graded.

8/16 Standard sub is now in Grading/Quality Control (9/5). The Economy FT is still in SFG.

The Standard sub jumped to shipped/safe this afternoon (9/5), so it was on time.

9/6 the Economy FT moved to Graded, hopefully it'll ship early next week. Sticking to stated TATs nicely.

9/11 the Economy FT is still stuck on Graded :mad:, but my Standard sub is now safely in hand. :cloud9:

9/16 the Economy FT switched to shipped/safe.

That is pretty good on the EFT...cause I have an invoice that was in graded before 9/6 and it hasn't moved yet....received on 8/6... they are not even close with the guesstimates time for turnarounds.. I don't understand why the just don't increase the times on the site to be more realistic...

Steve

UPDATE:

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Still in Received. Getting a little ridiculous. Come on CGC we should not have to pay $10 extra per book to get something graded.

The current TaTs for regular moderns are 59 business days - which is clearly spelled out on CGC's site.

If you want them faster, pay for fast-track - nobody's forcing you to submit your books in the slower tier :shrug:

Agreed! Modern Non Fast Track does state 60 business days. Just wish they would update turnaround times to reflect the current status of Modern Fast Track submissions. Case in point:

19 Business days. Almost double the projected 10. I understand the glut of submissions at conventions, but it would be nice if CGC gave a more realistic estimation of turnaround times so an informed decision could be made about spending the extra $10/book.

That is just it though from the moment they take it off your hands and its verified you should be happy if you get it back within 30 calendar days for a modern fast track. The turnaround time should say graded time because the encapsulation stage can take a bit depending on what part of the con season they are at.

UPDATE:

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Every tier is behind. Not just certain ones. Moderns are approaching 75 days.

UPDATE:

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Not really, though.

FT moderns wary a bit at the moment - had some that were on time (eg. +1 day or so) right around SDCC, but after that show the FT tier started slipping again. I have a modern FT invoice from 9/3/2013 in "grading/quality control" and another from 9/6/2013 in "scheduled for grading".

My last non-FT modern was 58 business days to the day.

Currently have a non-FT modern invoice from 7/19/2013 in "scheduled for grading" and one from 7/25/2013 in "received" - I see no reason to think that they won't be done within the 59 business day estimate :shrug:

UPDATE:

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Not really, though.

FT moderns wary a bit at the moment - had some that were on time (eg. +1 day or so) right around SDCC, but after that show the FT tier started slipping again. I have a modern FT invoice from 9/3/2013 in "grading/quality control" and another from 9/6/2013 in "scheduled for grading".

Currently have a non-FT modern invoice from 7/19/2013 in "scheduled for grading" and one from 7/25/2013 in "received" - I see no reason to think that they won't be done within the 59 business day estimate :shrug:

I stand by my comments based on my current subs. I am at day 70-75. 6/7 sub.

I am sure they will be done this week or next week. I'm looking forward to it.

Collectors Coupon:

Received/Verified Aug 14

Graded/QC STILL!!!

For the 15 day coupon we are now approaching the end of business day 21 not counting day they receive, holiday or the Friday of the last con :( . Was told books would be shipping out within 24hrs when I called on Thursday.

CALL THEM!

Going to have to again tomorrow. If they don't move early on.

UPDATE:

07/30/2013 - Received

07/29/2013 - Received

Not really, though.

I stand by my comments based on my current subs. I am at day 70-75. 6/7 sub.

I am sure they will be done this week or next week. I'm looking forward to it.

Did you do a prescreen?

If not, I'd call CGC - I had a non-FT modern invoice from 6/3 and it was shipped back to me more than 3 weeks ago.

Invoice Date: 08/14/2013

Shipped Safe: 09/17/2013

15 Day coupon.

Glad to hear progress being made on some of these invoices.

Did you have to call them or it updated by itself?

They were notified that I was informed it would be shipping with 24hrs on Thurs when I spoke to them but didn't move since then. Within about an hour of them looking internally it moved :) the Customer service was great...mind you the delay not so much lol