• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,086 posts in this topic

Modern FT

Received 10/23

Graded 11/7

Still waiting.

So is my 10/18. But I think the radness of my BattleChasers #1 Holochrome is holding it up.

How weird that we would both have the same book at CGC at the same time.

Modern FT

Received 10/23

Graded 11/7

Still waiting.

So is my 10/18. But I think the radness of my BattleChasers #1 Holochrome is holding it up.

How weird that we would both have the same book at CGC at the same time.

I'm just glad I didn't buy it from you at your giggling flipper gouge rates.

Two invoices submitted 10/13 by CGC from NYCC (4 books in total, 3 Standard SS books and 1 Magazine SS Standard) Turnaround time is supposed to be 15 business days for all 4... 22 Business days later and the 3 Standard SS's are at "verified" and have been that way for about 2 weeks. The magazine SS Standard has been at graded since last Wednesday. I get that they are backed up from NYCC but still 1) communicate better with your clients, 2) create a "penalty" for delays if you are in the standard or higher category (i.e. for every 5 business days until shipped you get a coupon for one free submission)

Two invoices submitted 10/13 by CGC from NYCC (4 books in total, 3 Standard SS books and 1 Magazine SS Standard) Turnaround time is supposed to be 15 business days for all 4... 22 Business days later and the 3 Standard SS's are at "verified" and have been that way for about 2 weeks. The magazine SS Standard has been at graded since last Wednesday. I get that they are backed up from NYCC but still 1) communicate better with your clients, 2) create a "penalty" for delays if you are in the standard or higher category (i.e. for every 5 business days until shipped you get a coupon for one free submission)

Or you could just suck it, because there is nowhere else to go. (shrug)

Been very slow, still waiting for stuff to arrive, but was very happy with some of my grades.

Superman 14 8.5 :applause:

When you get a grade like that on a book like that it's easy to be forgiving on the speed of the process.

Congrats on an amazing book.

I remember getting upset last year about how long it was taking to get my Hulk 1 back. I had it pegged for a 4.0 and then when I got it it was a 5.0 blue. All was forgiven.

I'm more concerned about competence.

Buying more machinery or hiring additional unqualified people never equates to competence. Only means you screw up at an accelerated rate.

Not being able to solve a problem that has been on-going for years qualifies as anti-competence from a small business standpoint.

:o

10/18 - recevied/verified

11/05 - scheduled for grading

11/06 - graded

11/08 - quality control

11/12 - shipped/safe

:applause:

OK, I am too nervous to look at the grades. I wonder if I can hold out until they arrive at my door before knowing?

:D

To all you guys out there still waiting for your "regular" subs, I feel bad - I guess they treat the coupon subs a little better, but I figure my next sub (all moderns, too many to fast-track due to $) will be hung up like most of the posts I am seeing here.

-slym

I'm more concerned about competence.

Buying more machinery or hiring additional unqualified people never equates to competence. Only means you screw up at an accelerated rate.

Not being able to solve a problem that has been on-going for years qualifies as anti-competence from a small business standpoint.

The one thing I've never been able to wrap my mind around is the bottleneck at encapsulation. That would seem to be a relatively simple fix with another machine or two and some training. Cheap investment for a significant return on that investment. Unless of course they are happy with the captive audience and utter lack of competition and decided to keep that money.

To all you guys out there still waiting for your "regular" subs, I feel bad - I guess they treat the coupon subs a little better

Yes. Coupons are supposed to be graded within 15 days. It's no different than any other tier in that it has an expected TAT associated with it.

To all you guys out there still waiting for your "regular" subs, I feel bad - I guess they treat the coupon subs a little better

Yes. Coupons are supposed to be graded within 15 days. It's no different than any other tier in that it has an expected TAT associated with it.

Like modern FT that has 10 day turnaround lol

OK, I am too nervous to look at the grades. I wonder if I can hold out until they arrive at my door before knowing?

I already caved, had to know what the UXM 94 did...

9.2 with WHITE pages! :applause:

My 266 only got a 9.6, was hoping for, but not expecting, a 9.8 - still, not shabby.

:headbang:

-slym

Or you could just suck it, because there is nowhere else to go. (shrug)

:signfunny: