• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,132 posts in this topic

Do dealers get their books pushed through faster?

According to the rules, books are in a first in, first out order for grading. Whether that really applies?

:shrug:

-slym

Subbed books at NYCC (15 day turnaround)...yet pedigree comics has some 100 books already returned as of sunday to post for their upcoming auction...

No, I'm still waiting for my modern pre screen to get here that was invoiced on June 10th.

I wouldbe calling on that one... my aug 26 is at graded

It shipped last week, should get here any day. It was stuck at graded for what seemed like ever, two months or so.

If you send books through walk through and express you get them done real quick, which is what some dealers do. So they pay the extra.

My 5 book regular modern tier order just jumped to graded today.

9/3 - Received

10/4 - Verified

10/15 - Graded

11/01 - Quality Control

11/05 - Shipped/Safe - A little disappointed in one of the grades but oh well maybe next time.

I think 2 months in calendar days with 2 holidays during this time isn't too bad a turnaround considering SDCC and NYCC took place around then. Books are estimated to be in my hands tomorrow. :wishluck:

No, I'm still waiting for my modern pre screen to get here that was invoiced on June 10th.

It shipped last week, should get here any day. It was stuck at graded for what seemed like ever, two months or so.

If you send books through walk through and express you get them done real quick, which is what some dealers do. So they pay the extra.

Yeah, that's a problem. I actually don't care about the wait from Received to Verified to Graded, its the 3-5 weeks between Graded and Shipped/Safe that annoy the heck out of me. I liked it when Graded meant you actually knew what your grades were.

I know you can pay to have them done faster via those routes but I highly doubt that a $200 book graded at 9.4 ie just a random from their list Justice League of America 56 they spent either $95 or $150 to have it graded to put up for sale in 2 weeks.

Yeah, that's a problem. I actually don't care about the wait from Received to Verified to Graded, its the 3-5 weeks between Graded and Shipped/Safe that annoy the heck out of me. I liked it when Graded meant you actually knew what your grades were.

I know what you mean. It's such a tease now.

Had a modern non FT ship today. The order was received on 9/16. 38 business days and that's including the days while CGC was at NYCC.

Glad to see that they are chipping away at those turn around times. (thumbs u

Pff... if there is anything below an 8.5, I will be shocked.

Good news from the ealry update, no resto on the UXM 94, 96, or 97! I know the 266 doesn't have resto as I bought it off the stands myself. Now, when I see them 'shipped,' I am not looking at the grades - I swear. It will be a total surprise when I get the box and open it!!!

-slym

Modern submission (not fast track)

Received: 9/16/13

Back in time for x-mas? :wishluck:

Verified 10/11/13

Scheduled for grading 10/18/13

Graded 10/21/13

Grading/Quality Control 11/8/13

Five Modern Signature Series dropped off at Baltimore Comic-Con on Sept 7

Marked Received on Sept 11

Marked Verified on Oct 9

Marked Scheduled for Grading sometime between Oct 17-21

Marked Graded Oct 22

Marked Grading/Quality Control Nov 8

Modern submission (not fast track)

Received: 9/16/13

Back in time for x-mas? :wishluck:

Verified 10/11/13

Scheduled for grading 10/18/13

Graded 10/21/13

Grading/Quality Control 11/8/13

:censored:

Sent in a Collectors Society coupon submission and Express last week on the 31st. Both says verified

I sent in a coupon sub also. Invoiced/Received 10/17. Was stuck in 'verified' for over 2 weeks

Only as of today (11/5) has it being 'Scheduled for Grading'

Marked 'Graded' as of 11/6. Powering thru... :whee:

Grading/QC: 11/9 :applause: