• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

No but I recently subbed books and saw they changed mft 10 days to 20 days. :(

Ya same here :( when did they change the date any idea?

Aww man that sucks, August? And your still waiting? I thought you just did regular modern. I was confused sorry. And no I don't know when they changed it.

Damn 3 months you've been waiting? I'm so sorry. I guess I might be in the same boat.

You'd think they'd hire more helpers, possibly extra work for the holidays. They could help the economy and create seasonal jobs.

At $28 a book, think of all the books they grade. Hell they could staff an army with just the books BeachBums subs. lol

Just a thought

Aww man that sucks, August? And your still waiting? I thought you just did regular modern. I was confused sorry. And no I don't know when they changed it.

Damn 3 months you've been waiting? I'm so sorry. I guess I might be in the same boat.

You'd think they'd hire more helpers, possibly extra work for the holidays. They could help the economy and create seasonal jobs.

At $28 a book, think of all the books they grade. Hell they could staff an army with just the books BeachBums subs. lol

Just a thought

No I have a Modern slow track that was back in Aug. They shipped part of the order last week...rest is still stuck.

Have a MFT that was subbed end of Oct. so figure this one is a wash for Nov.

I think they need a fix and that if the sub takes 2x what you are paying for you shouldn't have to pay for it or they should compensate some way.

Just a thought

No I have a Modern slow track that was back in Aug. They shipped part of the order last week...rest is still stuck.

Have a MFT that was subbed end of Oct. so figure this one is a wash for Nov.

I think they need a fix and that if the sub takes 2x what you are paying for you shouldn't have to pay for it or they should compensate some way.

If you pay for fast track and they don't deliver, they should knock that $10/book fee off, definitely.

-slym

This Exactly!!!!! I've been saying this for a long time. I still think it'd be a good idea though to create holiday jobs.

If you pay for fast track and they don't deliver, they should knock that $10/book fee off, definitely.

-slym

Yeah I agree. TAT was at 10 days when I submitted my order. It was changed to 20 when I checked a couple days ago. I'm going on day 23 for my 4 issue modern FT order. Would love to get that $40 back but that's very unlikely

-slym

Yeah I agree. TAT was at 10 days when I submitted my order. It was changed to 20 when I checked a couple days ago. I'm going on day 23 for my 4 issue modern FT order. Would love to get that $40 back but that's very unlikely

Of course there should be a refund of FT fees when TATs get blown out, but the excuses not to are always the same:

A) the turnaround times are estimates, never guaranteed, and

B) you'll still get FT books much faster than the really pathetic slow service that is at 300% of the estimated TAT

-slym

Of course there should be a refund of FT fees when TATs get blown out, but the excuses not to are always the same:

A) the turnaround times are estimates, never guaranteed, and

B) you'll still get FT books much faster than the really pathetic slow service that is at 300% of the estimated TAT

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

-slym

Modern submission (not fast track)

Submission 1:

Received: 9/16/13

Verified 10/11/13

Scheduled for Grading: 10/18/13

Graded: 10/21/13 (current status)

Submission 2:

Received: 9/23/13

Verified 10/22/13

Scheduled for Grading: 10/24/13

Graded: 10/29/13

Graded/QC: 11/13/13

Shipped/Safe: 11/19/13 (current status)

Were both of these Modern non fast track?

Yes, they were both modern non fast track with six books each.

Modern submission (not fast track)

Submission 1:

Received: 9/16/13

Verified 10/11/13

Scheduled for Grading: 10/18/13

Graded: 10/21/13 (current status)

Submission 2:

Received: 9/23/13

Verified 10/22/13

Scheduled for Grading: 10/24/13

Graded: 10/29/13

Graded/QC: 11/13/13

Shipped/Safe: 11/19/13 (current status)

Were both of these Modern non fast track?

Yes, they were both modern non fast track with six books each.

Pretty obvious there is no logical order in grading/quality control.

They need to hire Spock.

:ohnoez:

Modern submission #2 (not fast track)

Received: 10/07/13

Back this year? :wishluck:

Verified: 11/01/13

Scheduled for grading: 11/12/13

Graded: 11/13/13

Grading/Quality Control: 11/19/13

What are the odds this ships before sub #1? hm

Five Modern Signature Series dropped off at Baltimore Comic-Con on Sept 7

Marked Received on Sept 11

Marked Verified on Oct 9

Marked Scheduled for Grading sometime between Oct 17-21

Marked Graded Oct 22

Marked Grading/Quality Control Nov 8

Marked Shipped/Safe Nov 19

Approximately 47 business days, allowing for Columbus Day and Veterans Day. Also, not sure how many days they were shortstaffed due to cons. I wonder if having a presence at all these WizardWorld shows that keep popping up is draining manpower from the slabbing process?

Marked Verified on Oct 9

Marked Graded Oct 22

Approximately 47 business days, allowing for Columbus Day and Veterans Day. Also, not sure how many days they were shortstaffed due to cons. I wonder if having a presence at all these WizardWorld shows that keep popping up is draining manpower from the slabbing process?

I've never been clear on that either. For example, CGC will be at the Austin show this weekend. I understand that this could affect grading or other functions, but since they aren't doing onsite grading I don't see why it would affect encapsulation. I doubt that the folks who would come to shows as witnesses would be involved on the encapsulation end, so even if grading ceases on a con weekend hopefully they are still working on getting books through the extreme backup at the encapsulation/shipping end of things, as opposed to sending a few people to cons and everyone else getting time off. If someone could clarify that would be great.

My 15-day coupon took 17 days. Looks like the other guy here had his take 18. Percentage-wise, maybe not great. But 2-3 days past an "estimated" 15-day turnaround? I am not complaining.

-slym

My 15-day coupon submission last month took exactly 15 days. Perfectly on time.

Day 18 (business days) of my 15 day coupon submission still sitting at graded as of today.

Day 21 (business days) of my 15 day coupon submission sitting at graded/quality control as of today

Marked Verified on Oct 9

Marked Graded Oct 22

I've never been clear on that either. For example, CGC will be at the Austin show this weekend. I understand that this could affect grading or other functions, but since they aren't doing onsite grading I don't see why it would affect encapsulation. I doubt that the folks who would come to shows as witnesses would be involved on the encapsulation end, so even if grading ceases on a con weekend hopefully they are still working on getting books through the extreme backup at the encapsulation/shipping end of things, as opposed to sending a few people to cons and everyone else getting time off. If someone could clarify that would be great.

With the exception of some of the largest shows and - of course - the shows where CGC does onsite grading, the people who man the CGC booth at something like WW Austin aren't directly involved in grading or slabbing books.

With the exception of some of the largest shows and - of course - the shows where CGC does onsite grading, the people who man/woman the CGC booth at something like WW Austin aren't directly involved in grading or slabbing books.

Stop being sexist.

At least for standard, things seem to be moving along.....

All Standard

First batch, GS Xmen 1, Xmen 94, Hulk 181, Avengers 1, HOS 92

Shipped to CGC 10-28

Received/verified 10-29

Scheduled for grading 11-14

Graded 11-18

Second batch, Showcase 75, New Gods 1, Spiderman 129, Strange Tales 135

Shipped to CGC 11-5

Verified 11-6

First batch just changed to 'graded/quality control', 11-20.

Does this mean it is through encapsulation? If so, does not seem to be a holdup there based on this.....

At least for standard, things seem to be moving along.....

All Standard

First batch, GS Xmen 1, Xmen 94, Hulk 181, Avengers 1, HOS 92

Shipped to CGC 10-28

Received/verified 10-29

Scheduled for grading 11-14

Graded 11-18

Second batch, Showcase 75, New Gods 1, Spiderman 129, Strange Tales 135

Shipped to CGC 11-5

Verified 11-6

First batch just changed to 'graded/quality control', 11-20.

Does this mean it is through encapsulation? If so, does not seem to be a holdup there based on this.....

And, minutes later, the grade have appeared, so it must be changing to shipped/safe anytime. So, they got them 10-29 and I should have them back tomorrow or Friday, 11-21 or 11-22. I am happy with that!

now shipped safe, so will have them tomorrow. 16 business days?

Edited by Bill1