• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,128 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

On 5/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 5/14/2023 at 6:18 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Submissions:

a) forty comic book modern

b) two magazine modern

Edit:

1) both shipped, Friday, May 12, 2023

2) both scheduled to be delivered, Monday, May 15

3) delivered and ready for collection by CGC, May 15

4) "picked up" by CGC, May 15

5) CGC confirmed delivery, Tuesday, May 16

Expand  
6) CGC marked "Received" TBD
a) Forty Comics Books: Thursday, May 25, 2023
b) Two Magazines: Friday, May 26, 2023

7) CGC Scheduled for Grading
a) Forty Comic Books: Thursday, May 25, 2023
b) Two Magazines: Friday, May 26, 2023

8) CGC Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging TBD
a) Forty Comic Books: Friday, May 26, 2023
b) Two Magazines:

9) CGC Shipped TBD
a) Forty Comic Books: Thursday, June 1, 2023 (25); Friday, June 2, (15)
b) Two Magazines:

On 6/1/2023 at 8:03 AM, CGC Mike said:

I'll check into why this is not moving.

Thanks Mike. Any help is appreciated. It's frustrating when I call only to receive a canned response that they are "diligently working to expedite" the book, only to end up waiting with no apparent movement in status.

• Administrator
On 6/1/2023 at 9:58 PM, ArAich said:

Thanks Mike. Any help is appreciated. It's frustrating when I call only to receive a canned response that they are "diligently working to expedite" the book, only to end up waiting with no apparent movement in status.

It may take a little bit for an answer.  But, 4 people all from different departments are working on this delay in the submission.

Hey everyone, 

I have a submission where my local presser (Canada Comic Pressing) submitted on my behalf....it was supposedly graded on May 8th after he spoke to customer service, but it hasn't been shipped back and now it's June.. his portal only shows when the books were received at CGC.....should I be worried?? Some of them were posted on PGM as well.......so I have the scans...

Hawkman 4, Conan 1, Tomb of Dracula 1, FF67 were all submitted as Economy Fast Track 

Marvel Spotlight,  House of Secrets 92 was submitted under Standard 

My buddy also had a submission recently where 2/18 books of the submission was lost and was only returned with the CGC labels. :juggle: so I am worried...those were (Marvel Spotlight 5, Rocket to the Moon #nn)...How does one misplace books once they arrive at CGC......i'm speechless 

@CGC Mike Can you help us out? 

Or are things really backed up, looking at some other submissions above, it seems that they are moving....

Edited by Snowdon

@Snowdon From my experience, Economy Fast Track are not moving at all. Customer service is saying that the hold up is in Encapsulation. They will tell you the books are graded, but can't disclose grades, or can't see grades. I've had a submission from 4/20 that hasn't moved in 27 days.  4 calls to customer service have not generated any decent info except the "encapsulation" hold up.  Books I was hoping to bring to Fan Expo next weekend are just going to remain stuck in Sarasota for an extended vacation. 

On 6/2/2023 at 3:03 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

@Snowdon From my experience, Economy Fast Track are not moving at all. Customer service is saying that the hold up is in Encapsulation. They will tell you the books are graded, but can't disclose grades, or can't see grades. I've had a submission from 4/20 that hasn't moved in 27 days.  4 calls to customer service have not generated any decent info except the "encapsulation" hold up.  Books I was hoping to bring to Fan Expo next weekend are just going to remain stuck in Sarasota for an extended vacation. 

Argh 😤 anyway I'll Lord willing still buy from you that weekend. :)

On 6/2/2023 at 1:38 PM, Xyrmellon said:

If this has been answered sorry, but if the holdup in economy/vintage is encapsulation, why are moderns turning around in less than 5 days? Im sure its probably not this easy but can't they move some manpower to this department or prioritize some cases over there if it's a supply issue?

I wonder if they have different buildings/depts. with dedicated encapsulation machines. Probably not easy to break up the streamline of modern books. At least that's how i envision it.

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

15 book Modern sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/3/23
  • Delivered: 5/5/23
  • Received and SFG: 5/25/23 (+15 business days)
  • G/E/I: 5/30/23 (+17 business days)
  • G/QC - 6/2/23 (+20 business days)
  • Shipped - 6/5/23 (+21 business days)

10 book Economy/Vintage sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/3/23
  • Delivered: 5/5/23
  • Received and SFG: 5/25/23 (+15 business days)
  • G/E/I: ?

15 book Modern sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/31/23
  • Delivered: 6/2/23
  • Received and SFG: ?

5 book Economy/Vintage sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/31/23
  • Delivered: 6/2/23
  • Received and SFG: ?

• Administrator
On 6/2/2023 at 2:46 PM, Snowdon said:

@CGC Mike Can you help us out? 

I expect that the price change created a huge number of submissions being shipped to us.  Please be patient a while longer, and we will catch up.  This was a short work week, due to the holiday.    I reached out to the team because @ArAich had a ME submission that had not moved in 4 months.  Unfortunately, I can't help everyone.  If things don't change by the end of next week, I will try to find out why it is taking so long for some submissions.

On 6/2/2023 at 4:03 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

+1 to everything here; this is pretty much word for word what I would have written about my own Economy Fast Track order.

On 6/2/2023 at 8:30 PM, CGC Mike said:

Unfortunately, I can't help everyone.  If things don't change by the end of next week, I will try to find out why it is taking so long for some submissions.

Understood and thank you, Mike. 

On 6/2/2023 at 8:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I almost feel guilty for getting a modern submission back soon, but prayers cause I know for some it's business as well.  :cheers:

🙏

Hey, I'm glad your submission is coming back! No guilt! I want only the best for my CGC brothers.  :headbang:

The odd thing (which tracks exactly with Monster's Lair's statement above) is that a few weeks ago, I called about TWO stuck orders -- one Economy Fast Track and one Modern Fast Track. Right after that call, the Modern Fast Track order went instantly from GEI to G/QC to *Shipped* and I got it back on May 22nd, so over a week ago. The Economy Fast Track order has gone nowhere in that same time.  ???

On 6/2/2023 at 8:08 PM, Point Five said:

Hey, I'm glad your submission is coming back! No guilt! I want only the best for my CGC brothers.  :headbang:

The odd thing (which tracks exactly with Monster's Lair's statement above) is that a few weeks ago, I called about TWO stuck orders -- one Economy Fast Track and one Modern Fast Track. Right after that call, the Modern Fast Track order went instantly from GEI to G/QC to *Shipped* and I got it back on May 22nd, so over a week ago. The Economy Fast Track order has gone nowhere in that same time.  ???

Ya a couple of years ago I was singing the woe of economy tier too, it eventually got rectified to moving further along. It either has to be the most submitted tier or idk, which is odd with how many moderns they must get ???