• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,215 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2024 at 9:13 PM, Stefan_W said:

One book Unlimited Value submission

June 24 - Arrived CGC

June 26 - SFG

June 26 - credit card charged

June 26 - GEI

June 27 - credit card billed for upcharge (I undervalued the book so this was expected)

June 27 - Q/C

June 24 - Arrived CGC

June 26 - SFG

June 26 - GEI

June 27 - credit card billed for upcharge (I undervalued the book so this was expected)

June 27 - Q/C

July 2 - Shipped

This was the first UV book I shipped myself instead of through a presser. The grading was really fast, but the Q/C went past the TAT by itself. No biggy since I am in no rush to get the book back, but it was agonizing to wait for the final grade. I was thinking this Hulk 181 would land at 8.5 and it ended up at 8.0, which is in the margin of difference where reasonable people can disagree. At the end of the day the graders were really tough and strict on this one, but with so many copies of this book being graded all the time I figure their perspective is completely fair. Plus it was a crack and resub of a 7.0 copy so I guess I shouldn't complain about the nice bump. 

Your item arrived at the SARASOTA, FL 34230 post office at June 28, 2024, 1:13 pm and is ready for pickup. Your item may be picked up at SARASOTA, 1661 RINGLING BLVD, SARASOTA, FL 342309998, M-F 0800-1730; SAT 0900-1200.

Anyone got similar messages when tracking with USPS... This doesn't seem normal. my package with a comic for autograph session arrived at the post office on June 28 (Tracking Number: CL126550396RU), but none of your employees are picking up my package

On 7/3/2024 at 8:50 PM, Stefan_W said:

June 24 - Arrived CGC

June 26 - SFG

June 26 - GEI

June 27 - Q/C

July 2 - Shipped

This was the first UV book I shipped myself instead of through a presser. The grading was really fast, but the Q/C went past the TAT by itself. No biggy since I am in no rush to get the book back, but it was agonizing to wait for the final grade. I was thinking this Hulk 181 would land at 8.5 and it ended up at 8.0, which is in the margin of difference where reasonable people can disagree. At the end of the day the graders were really tough and strict on this one, but with so many copies of this book being graded all the time I figure their perspective is completely fair. Plus it was a crack and resub of a 7.0 copy so I guess I shouldn't complain about the nice bump. 

When I look at the scans and blow it up now I completely see it as an 8.0. I was a bit salty when the grade came in because I was expecting an 8.5, but I was optimistic and the graders got it right. 

• Administrator
On 7/5/2024 at 4:01 AM, SergeyS said:

Your item arrived at the SARASOTA, FL 34230 post office at June 28, 2024, 1:13 pm and is ready for pickup. Your item may be picked up at SARASOTA, 1661 RINGLING BLVD, SARASOTA, FL 342309998, M-F 0800-1730; SAT 0900-1200.

Anyone got similar messages when tracking with USPS... This doesn't seem normal. my package with a comic for autograph session arrived at the post office on June 28 (Tracking Number: CL126550396RU), but none of your employees are picking up my package

We do not pick up any packages.  All 3 major delivering services bring them to us.  

On 7/5/2024 at 4:01 AM, SergeyS said:

My trackings have said that.  They should get delivered to CGC soon - Monday I would guess because of the Fourth.