• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
78 78

27,532 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2024 at 3:37 PM, captainzombie said:

Ouch, they must be a bit delayed. I guess it helped that I have an UV submission to at least get the box opened up ASAP.

Hoping you get yours opened soon.

For context, my submission was a pre-screen with a couple of modern variants in it. A part of the process is the submission form is double checked against the books in the submission, and we all know modern variants can be a bit of a nightmare in that regard. So I expected to have an extra wait this time around even during the best of times. 

On 7/16/2024 at 11:12 AM, Stefan_W said:

25 book Modern Pre-Screen submission

July 16 - arrived at CGC

July 16 - arrived at CGC

July 23 - SFG

A bit of a wait, but at least it made it into the queue before the glut of submissions from San Diego Comic Con :) 

On 7/23/2024 at 9:51 AM, Stefan_W said:

July 16 - arrived at CGC

July 23 - SFG

A bit of a wait, but at least it made it into the queue before the glut of submissions from San Diego Comic Con :) 

Awesome to hear that your books have gone to SFG finally. It doesn't look like there are on site submissions at SDCC, so fingers crossed we can get our books graded by the times these subs start pouring in. LOL!

On 7/23/2024 at 11:44 AM, captainzombie said:

Awesome to hear that your books have gone to SFG finally. It doesn't look like there are on site submissions at SDCC, so fingers crossed we can get our books graded by the times these subs start pouring in. LOL!

About that...

capture.jpg

Edited by Stefan_W

On 7/23/2024 at 9:51 AM, Stefan_W said:

July 16 - arrived at CGC

July 23 - SFG

Good point. I rushed out my other order today to try to stay ahead of SDCC.  Any Fast Track or signings may still skip over me.   A couple other of my orders have moved this week too, so those should go out this week hopefully   They are:

10 Modern

Delivered: 07/11/24

SFG: 07/15/24

GEI: 07/23/24

10 Modern w Labels

GEI: 07/22/24

On 7/23/2024 at 4:34 PM, jlrangers21 said:

Good point. I rushed out my other order today to try to stay ahead of SDCC.  Any Fast Track or signings may still skip over me.   A couple other of my orders have moved this week too, so those should go out this week hopefully   They are:

10 Modern

GEI: 07/23/24

10 Modern w Labels

GEI: 07/22/24

This is music to my ears - my Modern submission was SFG 07/11 so hopefully it gets to GEI as well before the SDCC rush. 

UV
Rec'd: 7/10
GEI: 7/12
QC:7/16
Shipped: TBD
Turn: 10 days so far

Modern with JSA
GEI: 7/15
QC: 7/19

Modern
GEI: TBD
QC: TBD

Modern
GEI: 7/19

Vintage FT
QC: 7/18

On 7/24/2024 at 7:50 AM, asteroid-comix said:

UV
GEI: 7/12
QC:7/16

Modern with JSA
QC: 7/19

Modern
GEI: TBD

Modern
GEI: 7/19

Vintage FT
QC: 7/18

That is wild that your UV has been sitting in G/QC for 10 days. Kind of surprised that there is some kind of backlog at this point.

New set of Submissions for tracking, shipped off yesterday...  arrived at CGC 7/29/24

3 HV Grading & Pressing

Rec'd: 8/6, CCR processing 8/13
GEI: 
QC:
Shipped: 
Turn: 

2 Modern Grading & Pressing

Rec'd: 8/6
GEI: 
QC:
Shipped: 
Turn: 

1 Modern Grading & Pressing & JSA Authentication

GEI: 
QC:
Shipped: 
Turn: 

1 Vintage Grading & Pressing & JSA Authentication

GEI: 
QC:
Shipped: 
Turn: 

30 Vintage Grading & Pressing 

GEI: 
QC:
Shipped: 
Turn: 

Edited by miraclemet

On 7/24/2024 at 10:09 AM, captainzombie said:

That is wild that your UV has been sitting in G/QC for 10 days. Kind of surprised that there is some kind of backlog at this point.

My last UV also sat in G/QC. My assumption is that these delays are backlogs with the encapsulation machine, but who knows. I figure those machines can only go so fast, so when they get backed up with extra books (like onsite grading at conventions) it is harder to get caught up, but no idea if this is really the case or if it is something else. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 7/24/2024 at 11:14 AM, Stefan_W said:

My last UV also sat in G/QC. My assumption is that these delays are backlogs with the encapsulation machine, but who knows. I figure those machines can only go so fast, so when they get backed up with extra books (like onsite grading at conventions) it is harder to get caught up, but no idea if this is really the case or if it is something else. 

Purely speculation here, but I think sometimes one book orders take longer to ship from GQC. I am not sure if the shipping department is measured on amount of books sent out a day or if just getting rid of stack of 25 feels better.  But I have had single books like that sit and have called and they say it’s still in turn time.  

16 Pre-Screen Modern Sent from Canada:

Mailed: 07/12/24

Delivered: 07/22/24

Scanned: 07/23/24

SFG: 07/24/24

GEI:  ??

Surprised it's in the system today.  Thought all hands were on deck in San Diego.  Now I play the waiting game....

Edited by Dayofthedead204

On 7/24/2024 at 10:09 AM, captainzombie said:

Yeah, they are quoting 7 days though, so guess it's still close to what they are quoting. 

On 7/24/2024 at 6:57 PM, asteroid-comix said:

Yeah, they are quoting 7 days though, so guess it's still close to what they are quoting. 

I didn't realize that UV had hit 7 days till I checked earlier. It appears that they have a backlog for sure.

On 9/12/2012 at 2:17 AM, MarkDAnderson said:

I've had an order stuck in verification for quite a while now. CGC received my comics on 4/23/12. At the time I submitted them the turn around was 100 days. I see it's now at 110.

Can any body tell me what month or invoice numbers are being returned right now.

Thanks

Good question. This whole CGC process is quite archaic. Its like they just dont want to hire more people to speed this process up. I got one sitting in pressing for going on 2 months now, and another sitting in quality control for going on 2 months. I think CGC is pocketing shipoing charges. They did crank the shipping proce way up. I can ship a graded comic at USPS via media for about $10. This is another reason why Fast Track option needs to go.

Edited by Martian Manhunter