• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

Sketch cover submitted 7/1/2018 at Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con

Received / noted on submission invoice CCS required  7/12/2018

At CCS 7/16/2018

Invoiced / credit card charged by CCS 07/23/2018

Back at CGC / invoiced 07/30/2018

Verified 07/30/2018

Graded 08/03/2018

Shipped 08/06/2018 (CGC 9.8 - yeah!)

(And a side note about the board - there's a little birthday cake icon that showed up under my profile today.  I've never noticed it on anybody else's before. Kind of cool.)

Edited by celluloidbuff
update

On 6/26/2018 at 11:11 AM, Drill423 said:

Alright...time for another modern 9.8 prescreen...

Shipped to CGC: 6/21

Delivered to CGC: 6/25 (although they attempted on Saturday, 6/23...doh!)

Verified:  6/26

Now the waiting begins....

Scheduled for grading: 8/9

SDCC submissions.  

Modern: 14 books

Dropped off at CGC: 7/19

Verified:  8/1

Signature Series: 12 books

Dropped off at CGC: 7/21

Rec-CCS Req: 8/7

1 hour ago, celluloidbuff said:

Sketch cover submitted 7/1/2018 at Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con

Received / noted on submission invoice CCS required  7/12/2018

At CCS 7/16/2018

Invoiced / credit card charged by CCS 07/23/2018

Back at CGC / invoiced 07/30/2018

Verified 07/30/2018

Graded 08/03/2018

Shipped 08/06/2018 (CGC 9.8 - yeah!)

(And a side note about the board - there's a little birthday cake icon that showed up under my profile today.  I've never noticed it on anybody else's before. Kind of cool.)

So it was received by cgc on 7/30 and shipped 8/06? was this fast tracked?

Oh and Happy Birthday ;) !!!

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

So it was received by cgc on 7/30 and shipped 8/06? was this fast tracked?

Oh and Happy Birthday ;) !!!

Yes, fast tracked.  I think it was probably ready to go on 8/3 to be honest, but probably too close to end of business to get it out, so they waited the weekend.  It shows out for delivery today.  Don't know if my son will be around to sign for it, so I'll cross fingers he is.  Thanks for the birthday wishes!

1 minute ago, celluloidbuff said:

Yes, fast tracked.  I think it was probably ready to go on 8/3 to be honest, but probably too close to end of business to get it out, so they waited the weekend.  It shows out for delivery today.  Don't know if my son will be around to sign for it, so I'll cross fingers he is.  Thanks for the birthday wishes!

:wishluck:

Cool! I have a "Non-Fast-Tracked" that was received by CGC on 7/24, so I'll do a little bit of :wishluck: myself that mine is not too much longer! lol it has only been 2 weeks though haha

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:wishluck:

Cool! I have a "Non-Fast-Tracked" that was received by CGC on 7/24, so I'll do a little bit of :wishluck: myself that mine is not too much longer! lol it has only been 2 weeks though haha

Waiting is seriously the hardest part of the whole process.  That's why much of my CGC collection is eBay buys - the waiting's been done, and no surprises on the grades.  Hopefully you'll see some movement soon.

Submitted at CGC Booth at Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con - 6/30/18

1 each of

Economy - Verified - 7/9/18

Value - Verified - 7/9/18

Modern .- Verified - 7/9/18

- Scheduled for grading - 8/3/2018 

- Graded - 8/6/2018

- Grading/Quality Control - 8/9/2018

19 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Must be busy, have had a book verified for 3 weeks and it's fast tracked

Lots of convention submissions with San Diego and others going on all back to back to back would probably be the reason why right now.

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

Once an order hits "Graded Quality Control" how much longer is the wait until shipped?  Does it still have to do with the grading tier it was submitted under?

Unless they actually find a problem at that stage and send the book to have it fixed, it should only be a day or two until it hits Shipped/Safe and grades become available online.

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
5 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Once an order hits "Graded Quality Control" how much longer is the wait until shipped?  Does it still have to do with the grading tier it was submitted under?

Unless they actually find a problem at that stage and send the book to have it fixed, it should only be a day or two until it hits Shipped/Safe and grades become available online.

I think that at some point in there you can call and get the grades.... :foryou: If it has hit quality control and is not a too many books, you could call and see to get the grades (thumbsu My point being that you can call and get the grades before they show up online 

Submitted at CGC Booth at Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con - 6/30/18

1 each of

Economy - Verified - 7/9/18

Value - Verified - 7/9/18

Modern .- Verified - 7/9/18

- Scheduled for grading - 8/3/2018 

- Graded - 8/6/2018

- Grading/Quality Control - 8/9/2018

- Shipped/Safe - 8/13/2018

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think that at some point in there you can call and get the grades.... :foryou: If it has hit quality control and is not a too many books, you could call and see to get the grades (thumbsu My point being that you can call and get the grades before they show up online 

No need...... I just refreshed the status page and it shows they're shipped.  Woo Hoo 

They were at "Graded/quality control" for 1 1/2 business days.

Edited by gadzukes

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I tried with my last submission once it hit Graded/QC, but they told me to wait until the next day and I'll see it online (which it was)

5 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

I tried with my last submission once it hit Graded/QC, but they told me to wait until the next day and I'll see it online (which it was)

It might depend on how many books and If you have your own account. It usually happens pretty quick anyway :foryou:

4 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:

I think I had 8 with that submission, and it probably depends on who you talk with...I just get too impatient :) 

Ya sometimes it is tough to wait (thumbsu

The only time I try and call is if I do SS, and then it is only 1-2 books. If they try to tell me to wait, I explain that I submitted through the facilitator and and I just want to make sure that it got a universal label lol then they usually come through. It definitely depends on who you talk to too....