• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,115 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 4:19 PM, sckao said:

Everyone's "golden" age is different. I was chatting with someone who grew up in the 90's and their Golden Age was the period with Dark Hawk and Spawn and the 90's X-Men (and cartoons). Now, 30 years later... Those are the comics coming into vogue and being slabbed in quantity. (shrug)

I personally disliked most of that time period and find them unreadable... and I note the bad artwork that resulted as the talent pool got diluted from all the extra publishers/comic books being rushed out for print. :preach:

I had been collecting for 15+ years up until 1992 then got so sick of all the gimmick covers, multiple covers, bi-weekly issues, insane print-runs, etc. that I stopped collecting cold-turkey.  Keep all my books and took 25 years off.  Now I'm sitting on a mound of that early 90's , most worthless, but a few gems.  Plus my 70's and 80's stuff.  Not as young as I used to be, so time to start paring down the collection and the best way to monetize it seemed to be slabbing and selling online.  This was going great until this year when the grading engines just seized up.  Now we'll have to see what happens with the new tax laws where you might end up getting 1099's for combined sales of over $600.  This will force all of us to get accountants to figure out how we put a cost on storing, moving, insuring, climate controlling, etc. books for many years before selling them.  What a mess that would be.

I was told by the customer rep that on my end QC status would not appear?

Does that sound right?

She said some books were at qc, but that from where I could see it would only go fro GEI to shipped (shrug)

On 11/1/2021 at 3:05 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I am still trying to figure out why so many uneducated people keep sending in utter trash to get pressed and graded even before Covid.

If collectors actually cared about their own money CGC wouldn't need half the staff they currently have to grade "real" books. 

I blame the general public more for wasting not only CGC's time with this mound of garbage, but they should be apologizing to all of us for clogging up the line with their disgraceful submissions.   So I hope when most of them get their laughable books back in the mail they lose so much money they cant pay their rent.  Also their spouses or significant other has been cheating on them as well because anyone that stupid deserves to have bad days ahead. 

Hey wait, I'm telling you my "Samurai Cat #3" in just 7.0+ will be a gold mine soon...I just know it..overtaking AF15 in value in a few years...but I could be wrong on this. 

Edited by musicmeta

On 11/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Does that sound right?

She said some books were at qc, but that from where I could see it would only go fro GEI to shipped (shrug)

That's new. I have never seen that happen. 

On 11/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, Petroman said:

I had been collecting for 15+ years up until 1992 then got so sick of all the gimmick covers, multiple covers, bi-weekly issues, insane print-runs, etc. that I stopped collecting cold-turkey.  Keep all my books and took 25 years off.  Now I'm sitting on a mound of that early 90's , most worthless, but a few gems.  Plus my 70's and 80's stuff.  Not as young as I used to be, so time to start paring down the collection and the best way to monetize it seemed to be slabbing and selling online.  This was going great until this year when the grading engines just seized up.  Now we'll have to see what happens with the new tax laws where you might end up getting 1099's for combined sales of over $600.  This will force all of us to get accountants to figure out how we put a cost on storing, moving, insuring, climate controlling, etc. books for many years before selling them.  What a mess that would be.

Very few did but people always should have been reporting income over $600. Only took the IRS 24 year to "catch on" to eBay.

My guess is eBay takes a decent sized hit, while it's not their fault they certainly are not the "good guys" in the equation so not sheddin' any tears. As for me once they demanded a bank account to sell on the platform i was out. That said I only sold a few hundred dollars a year of non-comic book, non-collectible stuff mostly in lieu of simply throwing it out.

On 11/1/2021 at 1:54 PM, musicmeta said:

Hey wait, I'm telling you my "Samurai Cat #3" in just 7.0+ will be a gold mine soon...I just know it..overtaking AF15 in value in a few year...but I could be wrong on this. 

Real life example is I saw a guy get a ASM #239 pressed by CCS and then he told me he fast tracked modern it to CGC.  It came back a 7.0.

I did the right thing......I laughed at him. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 11/1/2021 at 3:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Does that sound right?

Well right now,  I'm not seeing GEI moving to any other status.  All I've got is long term storage.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Does that sound right?

Hey man please let us know tomorrow if it did happen .

On 11/1/2021 at 1:56 PM, musicmeta said:

Well right now,  I'm not seeing GEI moving to any other status.  All I've got is long term storage.

Yup all my 6/11's are still stuck in GEI.  

They were graded 3rd week of September. 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:55 PM, X_Phile said:

That's new. I have never seen that happen. 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, musicmeta said:

On 11/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, MAR1979 said:

Hey man please let us know tomorrow if it did happen .

Ya they tried to say that it's been in qc since the 29th of October. 

I was like, it doesnt show up to where I could see?

Then one lady became impatient, but the one I talked to today said they were actually sealed in the case and should be close to out the door.

She still gave it 1 to 2 weeks out the door lol

But hey, its something Haha, and 2 reps actually gave me pretty much the same info this time. Makes me inclined to believe it.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/1/2021 at 4:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya they tried to say that it's been in qc since the 29th of October. 

I was like, it doesnt show up to where I could see?

Then one lady became impatient, but the one I talked to today said they were actually sealed in the case and should be close to out the door.

She still gave it 1 to 2 weeks out the door lol

But hey, its something Haha, and 2 reps actually gave me pretty much the same info this time. Makes me inclined to believe it.

I quit calling the customer service number a while back.  Must be working remote from home, baby crying in the background with scripted answers.  Total waste of my energy.     

Latest updates. 6/18 still sits at GEI and is passed by a submission sent two weeks later. 

I sent a new order last week that was delivered on 10/28. Let’s see how that goes.

Modern - 12 (TAT - 89 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 06/17
  • Received/SFG - 06/18 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 9/30 (D + 72) (Told by CS on 11/1 that this is in the grading room now with a couple weeks before it’s completed) ???  It’s been at GEI for 21 days (4 weeks)
  • GQC/Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Modern - 6 (TAT - 101 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 07/01
  • Received/SFG - 07/06 (D + 2)
  • G/E/I - 10/26 (D + 80) (BTW the grading date in the census is 10/26)
  • GQC/Shipped - 11/1 (D + 84) :idea:
  • Delivered - 

Modern - 6 (TAT - 102 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 07/28
  • Received/SFG - 07/29 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC/Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Modern Prescreen - 25 (TAT - 94 + 25 = 109 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 06/23
  • Received/SFG - 08/20 (D + 41)
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC/Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

Modern - 9 (TAT - 126 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr) - 10/28 
  • Received/SFG - :popcorn:
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC/Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

FT Economy - 1 (TAT - 69 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 10/28
  • Received/SFG - :popcorn:
  • G/E/I - 
  • GQC/Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:50 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

6. 2 Books Fast Track Economy Rec'd 6/9 SFG :frown:

Interesting because my Pre-screen Received 6/11 (2 invoices) economies have already been graded. :fear:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 11/1/2021 at 6:38 PM, thingsofstuff said:

@Fisionbomb I had 2 Sienkiewicz Signings (w/ press) go GEI on 10/13 and one remarque (w/ press) go GEI on 10/25.

No movement since, for what it's worth.

My single (comic) Sienkiewicz remarque w/press is still sitting as "Received at CCS"... Meh.

Thanks for the info!

On 11/1/2021 at 4:15 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Interesting because my Pre-screen Received 6/11 (2 invoices) economies have already been graded. :fear:

I don't like to complain much, but I had them look into it the other week. They are going to expedite it once they are able to locate it. Most of my other stuff has been within TAT except for my signature books that were only suppose to be 6-8 weeks after the signing.