• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will be following the Apple announcement today?

269 posts in this topic

Apple makes slick, innovative products that they market better than most anyone. They also screw their customers as often and as hard as they possibly can. Did you know that the company that wrote the Siri program had an app on the iTunes store that you could purchase that would essentially give 3GS and 4 users Siri? I think it was five bucks. Apple pulled it when they realized what was going on.

I don't care when the iPhone 5, or 6 or 222 comes out, as I'll never buy one. My android phone works great, has a bigger screen, costs less and I can even replace the battery myself. And Droids are open systems on a level playing field with plenty of competition.

Apple makes slick, innovative products that they market better than most anyone. They also screw their customers as often and as hard as they possibly can. Did you know that the company that wrote the Siri program had an app on the iTunes store that you could purchase that would essentially give 3GS and 4 users Siri? I think it was five bucks. Apple pulled it when they realized what was going on.

I don't care when the iPhone 5, or 6 or 222 comes out, as I'll never buy one. My android phone works great, has a bigger screen, costs less and I can even replace the battery myself. And Droids are open systems on a level playing field with plenty of competition.

Not too different a story from what happened with the Tawkon app. Rejected by Apple, Tawkon Radiation-Tracking app launched on Android - more on the Tawkon app here.

I guess you could just download the PODCASTS app from the App Store.

Oh, I wasn't worried about it not being there... I just thought some people above didn't like that that podcasts were grouped separately, when they aren't.

Could it be a carrier specific thing?

Go and attempt to download a new podcast. That was when I was prompted to download the app.

One thing I did notice is it lets me subscribe to podcasts. That might be nice, but I don't know why it couldn't be all contained in the same place.

Not too different a story from what happened with the Tawkon app. Rejected by Apple, Tawkon Radiation-Tracking app launched on Android - more on the Tawkon app here.

Yeah, I read about this on The Register (www.theregister.co.uk) If you like consumer/computer/IT related tech and the occasional weird sex story, it's great site. The British press is a fun and interesting read in general.

Splitting off podcasts from music is probably a step toward Internet radio.

There are Apps to stream live radio stations like Ootunes or Wunderradio which lets me listen to Cal Bears football games when I'm out and about on Saturdays.

With podcasts, the content you would find on the radio is now in a separate area along with user-created content. It's a huge category and the amount of time it represents is similarly huge as each podcast tends to be about an hour or more generally.