• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: HG Bronze, SA Spideys, LB Cole, Four Colors, Gold Key - CLOSED

78 posts in this topic

Looking to raise some funds to pay for a recent acquisition, will be listing several nice books tonight and more through the weekend. As always, satisfaction guaranteed or return for a full refund. I accept PayPal, checks, Money Orders, and old comic books as means of payment. I ship via USPS, rates vary based on destination and insurance value. I think that's all the fine print, on to the books!

First up is a nice example of old label goodness! One of the toughest 100 pagers to find in grade, only the Love issue #5 is tougher.

Our Army at War 242 CGC 9.0 OW/W (DC 100 Page SS #9) $SOLD

dc9.jpg

Wonder Comics 17 CGC 3.0 Brittle Pages Schomburg Sci-Fi airbrush cover. $SOLD

Sad story on this one, was looking for an 8.0 at a minimum as I subbed this book raw and certainly did not think there was any issue with the pages, but I defer to the expertise of our overlords...I mean, our gracious hosts.

wonder17.jpg

Terrors of the Jungle 4 VF LB Cole cover $SOLD

Just like on pawn stars, every book has a story, and a price.

This is a great looking copy with a bright, glossy cover and off-white pages. The main problem is that the covers are tanning, and there's a 1/2" spine split at the top of the spine and a tiny bindery tear/nick at the bottom of the spine. Unrestored.

toj4.jpg

Wonder Comics 17 CGC 3.0 Brittle Pages Schomburg Sci-Fi airbrush cover. $175.00

Sad story on this one, was looking for an 8.0 at a minimum as I subbed this book raw and certainly did not think there was any issue with the pages, but I defer to the expertise of our overlords...I mean, our gracious hosts.

wonder17.jpg

How is this a 3?!?!?

wonder17.jpg

How is this a 3?!?!?

I would like the answer to that ?? myself :gossip:

wonder17.jpg

How is this a 3?!?!?

I would like the answer to that ?? myself :gossip:

wonder17.jpg

:takeit:

:takeit:

SOLD! :applause:

I thought page quality didn't affect grade?

PQ has a significant impact when the PQ is brittle or slightly brittle, I'm not exactly sure what the roof is for those but I believe it's around a 5.0? I think I recall also reading that light tan/tan/cream pages could have some impact in the nosebleed 9.6+ grades.

Mystery in Space 3 VF Light color touch $225.00

Such a pretty book is nice and clean with snow white pages and a clean, white back cover. There are 3-4 tiny spine stresses that have been hit with black color touch (no bleed through). Tough 1951 DC Sci-Fi.

mystery3.jpg

A couple Golden Age books coming up, then nice copies of Hulks 180 and 182 later this evening.

All Winners Comics 10 CGC 3.5 CR/OW Schomburg WWII Swastika Cover $775.00

allwinners10.jpg